Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 05:05 PM

Digital Man, on Dec 4 2004, 06:50 PM, said:

Here's one example:

snip

okay, then my question is, what was wrong with his movie? Whatever it was, he didn't change it enough to find a distributer who would produce it and put it in cinema's. I'm all for protecting your creative baby's integrity, but if you want to succeed, you need to produce something that is in demand. WHatever it was that he was producing, ovbiously wasn't in demand, which left him with two choices.

Stick with it, or change it to something that WAS wanted. He obviously never changed it into something that was wanted, otherwise he would have been able to sell it. I can't judge if that was the right decision mind you, as 'right' and 'profitable' aren't always the same thing

Again-yes, you have to get off your ass and do your best. Yes, you have to try to get to know as many people as possible. But none of that guarantees success in this  society.

Absolutely true, but if you fail at first you try again. You learn more, you make new friends and you keep trying. yes, failure grinds you down, and it keeps you down, only if you let it.

at least, that's what I believe. :)

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#102 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big.

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 10:37 PM

Steven_Q, on Dec 4 2004, 05:05 PM, said:

Again-yes, you have to get off your ass and do your best. Yes, you have to try to get to know as many people as possible. But none of that guarantees success in this  society.

Absolutely true, but if you fail at first you try again. You learn more, you make new friends and you keep trying. yes, failure grinds you down, and it keeps you down, only if you let it.

at least, that's what I believe. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Of course you keep trying. :)  Never said you shouldn't. But trying isn't enough. You either succeed-or you don't.

Saul
Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#103 Delvo

Delvo
  • Islander
  • 9,273 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 10:55 PM

Don't dabte Steven on it; just sit back and laugh at how he might react if he knew how much he sounds like the real (as opposed to the left's usual mountain of lies about) Rush Limbaugh right now. :D :p

#104 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big.

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 10:58 PM

^

Oh, Steven seems like a cool person-I don't mind. ;)

Besides-I don't think we are really disagreeing-we're just coming from two different directions.

:cool:
Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#105 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 04:27 AM

Delvo, on Dec 5 2004, 04:55 AM, said:

Don't dabte Steven on it; just sit back and laugh at how he might react if he knew how much he sounds like the real (as opposed to the left's usual mountain of lies about) Rush Limbaugh right now. :D :p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:crazy:

because I think you shouldn't quit if you fail once?

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#106 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 04:32 AM

Digital Man, on Dec 5 2004, 04:58 AM, said:

^

Oh, Steven seems like a cool person-I don't mind. ;)

Besides-I don't think we are really disagreeing-we're just coming from two different directions.

:cool:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sort of a 'six of one, half a dozen of the other' deal.

Defy Gravity!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Education, College aid, Spending cuts

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users