• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 doxymom

doxymom
  • Islander
  • 369 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 09:21 PM

Hi!

A force lance can be "keyed" to a person, right? How? What's it called when you do that? And what happens if someone not keyed to it picks it up? I can't recall if it just stuns them, burns them, or explodes in their face.

Refresh my lousy memory. Thanks!

Anna

#2 tennyson

tennyson
  • Islander
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 09:23 PM

The force-lance can be keyed to a specific persons DNA, or it can be left unkeyed for anyone to use. If an unregistired users tries to ouse the force-lance it uses some of its stored charge to shock the person, possibly electricuting them as seen with Tyr in AGNO in season 1.
"Only an idiot would fight a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts."

— Londo, "Ceremonies of Light and Dark" Babylon-5

#3 doxymom

doxymom
  • Islander
  • 369 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 09:31 PM

Just what I needed to know! Thank you kindly!

Anna

#4 Gvambat

Gvambat
  • Islander
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 11:35 PM

Point of note: Tyr went into convulsions after getting shocked by his force lance, and ended up spending time in Medical. The thug in Pearls was knocked unconscious and was fine by the next act.
Electrons behave like waves on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays; like particles on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, and like nothing at all on Sundays.

#5 Ilphi

Ilphi
  • Islander
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 12:20 AM

^

Can't rule out the possibility that Tyr's force lance was somehow altered to make it more potent or something. Or hey, maybe Tyr was lying that he couldnt rememeber everything, so stayed in medical to see how it played out. Can't rule out everything  :ninja:
Yea, ere my hot youth pass, I speak to my people and say:
Ye shall be foolish as I; ye shall scatter, not save;
Ye shall venture your all, lest ye lose what is more than all;
Ye shall call for a miracle, taking Christ at His word.
And for this I will answer, O people, answer here and hereafter,
The Fool - Padraic Pearse

#6 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 05:03 AM

Gvambat, on Mar 27 2003, 03:26 PM, said:

Point of note: Tyr went into convulsions after getting shocked by his force lance, and ended up spending time in Medical. The thug in Pearls was knocked unconscious and was fine by the next act.
Tyr was also shocked in the final act, and recovered right away. :unsure:  :crazy:  I noticed all of this, the first time around. :down:  :mellow:
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#7 tennyson

tennyson
  • Islander
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 05:43 AM

Well, no one ever said that the shock setting was fixed. Considering how hyperversitile the force-lance is it wouldn't surprise me if the defensive shock had a variable setting as well.
"Only an idiot would fight a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts."

— Londo, "Ceremonies of Light and Dark" Babylon-5

#8 Broph

Broph
  • Islander
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 05:47 AM

One question, though - have you seen my forcelance?!

#9 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,757 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 01:53 AM

No. But hang on, and I'll get my microscope.   :p  :p

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users