• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#1 Gaiate

Gaiate

Spirit Blade

• Islander
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 10:14 AM

Hey everyone.  Shal and I have been working on an idea for a new RP about a wandering Nietzschean Pride whose former home has been mostly destroyed and taken over by their enemies.  The pride's name is Karasu, after a type of Tengu (a creature from Japanese legend that first taught the martial arts to humankind).  The remainders of Karasu Pride currently live in a "city ship" (aka a "generations ship") named the Osiris.  The Osiris, according to our backstory, was a ship that helped transport survivors from the destruction of Fountainhead that was later lost during the chaotic final days of the Nietzschean Uprising, and presumed destroyed.  It was eventually found by Karasu Pride in their home system, and was being repaired by them when word of its discovery reached the ears of their oldest and most dangerous enemy the Oni Pride.

The Oni attacked while certain members were aboard the Osiris on a trial run, unaware and unable to help their family and friends.  When they returned, they found their home in ruins, almost completely uninhabitable and in enemy control.

And that’s where we’ll be starting, trying to mount a rescue operation.

Now, this pride is a bit different than the way most Nietzscheans are portrayed.  The philosophy developed by them is much more honorable, but the reasoning behind it is still quite “self-serving.”  The idea is that the Karasu decided that the best way to ensure the survival and perpetuation of one’s genes is to have as many people (and Prides) be your allies as possible.  Therefore, they embraced the idea of honor and, to an extent, chivalry to develop a reputation of being good allies.  So, instead of killing and back-stabbing to gain the advantage, they partially relied on their alliances and their reputation as valuable allies.  However, they were also masters of war.  They trained themselves relentlessly, and nearly everyone had some training in the martial arts, either armed or unarmed, and more often than not both.  They were well known for their prowess in battle.

They are still quite Nietzschean in mindset.  They’ve just come to a different conclusion than other Nietzscheans.

So, if anyone is interested in playing, come on in and sign up. :)

Shal and I will be co-Gming, so you can send character profiles to either of us.  If you have any other questions, ask away. :)

--Te

Edited by Gaiate, 28 March 2003 - 10:15 AM.

"This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished, as the once vital voice of the verisimilitude now venerates what they once vilified. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis-à-vis an introduction, and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V." -- V, making an first impression

"Dude . . . that was cool." -- My first impression of V

#2 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 10:18 AM

Co GM and eager player checking in!
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#3 Gaiate

Gaiate

Spirit Blade

• Islander
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 10:19 AM

^ :p  :p

Edited to add:  btw, some of you might recognize some of these names we're using.  That's because much of the idea for this came from the backstory of a character I played over at KHCMB.  Oh, and Shal and I will be playing very slightly modified versions of those characters. ;)

Edited by Gaiate, 28 March 2003 - 10:21 AM.

"This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished, as the once vital voice of the verisimilitude now venerates what they once vilified. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis-à-vis an introduction, and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V." -- V, making an first impression

"Dude . . . that was cool." -- My first impression of V

#4 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,191 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 11:19 AM

Strike Commander Apollo Kama, out of Fuijiko by Raiden, at your service. ;)

Rommie :whatsthat:

#5 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 12:14 PM

Just to let every one know...

You don't need to be a Nietzschean!

The Kerasu had many close allies, and a Large Drift, with lots of Traders, and an extensive asteroid belt...lots of Asteroid Miners...

Humans, Makra, Than, Persieds, all welcome..

the word Kludge is not used by the Karasu, nor do they keep slaves.

What Nietzscheans are supposed to be, might be a good way of describing the Kerasu...

#6 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 12:58 PM

*Reads Shals PM*

I'll play - whats one more RP between friends :D

I'll get back to you with a bio later :)

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#7 Perpetual Malcontent

Perpetual Malcontent

The Eternal Explorer

• Islander
  • 308 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 01:27 PM

I'm in too Shal.   :D
My karma ran over your dogma

"To have more, desire less"

"Religion is for people afraid of going to hell, spirituality is for people who have already been there."

You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war - Albert Einstein

The poster formerly known as Senar :)

#8 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 03:24 PM

Yeah I'll play... as a purple pixie.  :lol:  I'll have a bio written in a few hours.

#9 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 03:39 PM

Purple Pixies most welcome..have to have some levity among all these Nietz :p  :D
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#10 Jid

Jid

Mad Prophet of Funk

• Islander
  • 12,554 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 05:20 PM

I'll consider it :)

Just let me look and see, and think and stuff.  (Stupid School)
cervisiam tene rem specta

#11 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 06:44 PM

Sounds like fun. Read Shal's PM (when my electricity came back on~stupid vehicles running into light poles at 4:30 in the morning :p )

Will try to have a bio worked up by next week. I am pretty comfy playing a Niet, so that is probably what I will be.

edited: I sent a brief description to Shal in pm.

Shawntee DeLaruss out of Shintau by Mikalos, She doesn't have a specialty yet, put her where you need her.

I didn't specify her marital status, she is single, for the moment.

Edited by LTA, 28 March 2003 - 07:09 PM.

#12 Ilphi

Ilphi
  • Islander
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 07:09 PM

Oh Oh Oh! Me Me Me! :D

I LOVE the idea of chivilry in space. I really think it was a great system of life, and the whole "Warrior and Gentlemen" vibe is so great. Love stories like Hornblower, Sharpe, Lady Of Shallot, where the hero is expected not only to be amazing at warfare, but intelligent, spiritual, loyal, poetic that sort of thing (something modern warriors in TV and movies lack.)

I'm definetly in. I'll start brainstorming a character, in the finest tradition of Nietzcheans, drawn from historical/mythological backgrounds :)
Yea, ere my hot youth pass, I speak to my people and say:
Ye shall be foolish as I; ye shall scatter, not save;
Ye shall venture your all, lest ye lose what is more than all;
Ye shall call for a miracle, taking Christ at His word.
And for this I will answer, O people, answer here and hereafter,
The Fool - Padraic Pearse

#13 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 07:25 PM

More Nietzcheans!!!!!!!! :eek:   :eek:   :eek:

Have fun everyone. :)

#14 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 07:34 PM

If Mikoto doesn't mind I wanted to be a pixie too.........I'm sure our personalities will be totally different.  I'll claim a spot as that for now unless this will cause a conflict.  I'm thinking off the top of my head that I'd like to run the library, etc......Don't ask me why I've developed this thing for the library these days. ;)  I'll think more today and this weekend and write something up.  

Thanks for the PM Shal!!

If this is a problem, I'll try to be something else if I can think of it. :D

Edited to add: I mean to run the library and whatever else goes with it...archives, etc....not just work there.  ;) I want it all!!! *evil laugh* ;)

More editing: My character will actually be a cross now...between a Nietzschean and a Trancer (for lack of a better word now).  So, yes, purplish skin, bonespurs AND a tail!!! :D Whoo hoo!!

Edited by Monique Peppermint, 28 March 2003 - 09:32 PM.

#15 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 08:03 PM

As I said in private messaging, sign me up please.

Not sure whether I will play human as I usually do or attempt a Nietzschean.  My character will definitely be male and if Nietzschean will be young and unmarried.

Will work on a profile over the weekend. ;)
If I could remember any good quotes I would put one here!!!

#16 Gaiate

Gaiate

Spirit Blade

• Islander
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 09:08 PM

Just so everyone knows, at this point anyone can have just about any position on the Osiris.  The ship is 40 miles in diameter (it's a spherical shape) so we've got plenty of positions to fill. ;)

While you guys are working on your profiles, you might also want to consider whether you want to part of the "original" crew that was on the trial run, or someone who was planetside (or perhaps manning the orbital defense grid, working on the Drift, etc.).

Shal and I are ironing out the specifics of the ship right now, and we'll post them as soon as we finish so we can all start drooling.  (Yes, it's gonna be that good.  Trust me ;))

--Te

#17 Ilphi

Ilphi
  • Islander
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 09:22 PM

Hmm, cool cool, can I take Benedictus Haig, out of Josephine by Gare. True "warrior poet" of the kind Rhade invisioned in TUM and leader of the Confederated Navy...

Shal said the Kerasu had a drift. I'm thinking, to secure allies, the Navy could be a small dedicated groups of ships used to keep other ships safe when they are in our territory and also act as police. Does this sound okay? I don't want to tread on RommieSG's toes...

#18 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 09:39 PM

If we can pick right now, then I was thinking Security Chief or something like that.

She was on the Osiris when all this happened, checking the security to see if it was up and running right.

Since no one else has claimed it yet :)

#19 silverwind

silverwind

Not the only one

• Islander
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 10:34 PM

Ooh, can I come play?  :wideeyed:

If so, I'll brainstorm some on a name and stuff and hopefully post something later today. :)  My idea is to be a Niet, and the owner of a bakery and a hydroponic garden.  I'll PM one or both of you GM-types when I get the profile written. :)
Proud ally and supporter of Euro-snobs and international flakes.

Signs your coworker may be able to manipulate time:  "Is this the first time you've called here before?"

Signs your coworker needs to work on their vocabularly:  A:  "It opens up in Notepad and it's just jibberish."  B:  "So you can't understand it?"

#20 Ilphi

Ilphi
  • Islander
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 11:19 PM

If anyone's up for it Benedictus Haig can already have a wife when the game starts, although because this is chivlry style not only will the wife be very important, he will effectivly be fighting for her and stuff like that, if anyones game.  :D  :ninja:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users