• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 D'Monix

D'Monix
  • Islander
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 01:57 AM

Nation States

Humorous Political Simulation, build and maintain your nation to your twisted political point of view.  based upon the book "Jennifer Government"

Anarcanis

My nation, sliding it's way to the depths of liberal anarchy :D

#2 tennyson

tennyson
  • Islander
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 01:59 AM

Me and a few of my friend did this for a while. A few of them are still doing it I think. I just got bored with answering the same questions and annoyed at the software interface and dropped my nation modeled on Madagascar.
"Only an idiot would fight a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts."

— Londo, "Ceremonies of Light and Dark" Babylon-5

#3 D'Monix

D'Monix
  • Islander
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 02:01 AM

Ah, yeah the interface and questions get wierd.

Dunno how long i'll be doing this, but i'll see how wierd i can go with my country anyway :D lol

#4 Kevin Street

Kevin Street
  • Islander
  • 6,256 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 02:02 AM

Yeah, I had a nation state called Atheria for quite a while. But I got bored and let the sands of time reclaim it. ;)
Per aspera ad astra

#5 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,309 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 09:37 AM

Ok... well, I just created a nation and based on my opening statements, they said:

The Holy Republic of The Liberian Union is a tiny, devout nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 5 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

I'm going to see if I can get this thing to bring my nation in line with what I had in mind... :)

http://www.nationsta..._liberian_union

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#6 Corwin

Corwin

fortitudo ac honor

• Islander
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 10:32 AM

HA!

This could be fun...  

The Free Land of Escotta

The Free Land of Escotta is a tiny, economically powerful nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 5 million are free to succeed or fail in life on their own merits; the successful tend to enjoy an opulent (but moralistic) lifestyle, while the failures can be seen crowding out most jails.

The small government juggles the competing demands of Defence, Religion & Spirituality, and Law & Order. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4%. A robust private sector is led by the Retail, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Woodchip Exports industries.

Crime is a problem, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Escotta's national animal is the dragon and its currency is the credit.

Now to take over the world....   :)

Corwin
"The Enemy is upon us, so Lock and Load, Brothers.  The Emperor Calls and the Forces of Chaos must be driven back.  Though all of us will fall, none of us shall fail!"

#7 Ilphi

Ilphi
  • Islander
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 10:43 AM

Yeah, I remember this game. It was amusing but didn't have enough depth to grab me really. I didn't want something to challenge the complexity of Utopia, but something more akin to a realistic Planetarian would have been fun. I remember the UN had a motion before it of whether to officially create an ability for war and such in the game, and it was defeated, for some reason. I seem to recall that Role-playing between nations was very big in the forum, though.
Yea, ere my hot youth pass, I speak to my people and say:
Ye shall be foolish as I; ye shall scatter, not save;
Ye shall venture your all, lest ye lose what is more than all;
Ye shall call for a miracle, taking Christ at His word.
And for this I will answer, O people, answer here and hereafter,
The Fool - Padraic Pearse

#8 GoldenCoal

GoldenCoal

Not Fool's Gold

• Islander
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 10:51 AM

Maybe we ought to make an "ExIsle" region.
The Most Serene Republic of the Golden Mystery

The Most Serene Republic of The Golden Mystery is a tiny, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its complete lack of prisons.

#9 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

• Islander
  • 24,309 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 10:53 AM

GoldenCoal, on Dec 13 2004, 10:51 AM, said:

Maybe we ought to make an "ExIsle" region.
The Most Serene Republic of the Golden Mystery

The Most Serene Republic of The Golden Mystery is a tiny, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its complete lack of prisons.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That would be very cool... :)

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#10 GoldenCoal

GoldenCoal

Not Fool's Gold

• Islander
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 11:08 AM

Region ExIsle has been created...  :)

Though judging by the other comments, we may get bored after a while... but oh well. (And I just realized that I'm leaving for home (and an inferior internet connection) in just two days, so I won't be around too much until I get back to college...)

Edited by GoldenCoal, 13 December 2004 - 11:39 AM.

#11 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

• Islander
  • 24,309 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 11:26 AM

GoldenCoal, on Dec 13 2004, 11:08 AM, said:

Region ExIsle has been created...  :)

Though judging by the other comments, we may get bored after a while... but oh well. (And I just realized that I'm leaving for home (and an inferior internet connection) in just two days, so I won't be around too much until I get back to college...)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:) I'll just take over while you're gone! ;) LOL!  J/K

The link you posted sent me to my own country for some reason.  I fiddled around and got this url for ExIsle Region instead.

HM07

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#12 GoldenCoal

GoldenCoal

Not Fool's Gold

• Islander
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 11:39 AM

^^ So it was.
How that we are in a region, I guess the thing is... what now?

#13 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

• Islander
  • 24,309 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 01:07 PM

I telegrammed you... ;)

Btw... this is the description of my nation so far:

UN Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Erm... "Inoffensive"?  What's that supposed to mean?  And what does "centrist democracy" mean?  That's a serious question, btw...

HM07

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#14 GoldenCoal

GoldenCoal

Not Fool's Gold

• Islander
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 01:20 PM

I suppose it means nobody is offended by what you do. Completely neutral, probably.

I would suppose a centrist democracy is a democracy that is centrist. Centrisim was explained Here a while back.

#15 JchaosRS

JchaosRS

Ordered Chaos

• Islander
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 01:42 PM

wow, fun and interesting. Thanx alot fot he link. Now Im stuck messing with this while I should be studying for my finals.
Will be eternally Rommie's Slave
Jays Music Videos | Jeremy Farnum | LexaFans

#16 Douglas

Douglas
  • Islander
  • 424 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 04:43 PM

The Nomadic Peoples of Pennonia are now part of the ExIsle Region.

http://www.nationsta...nation=pennonia

It hasn't exactly worked out quite as I'd hoped; in retrospect banning capitalism might have been overdoing it, same for shooting anti-environmentalism protestors.  Still, Pennonia is doing ok.

Edit: Couldn't get the url code to work.

Edited by Douglas, 13 December 2004 - 04:48 PM.

#17 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

• Islander
  • 24,309 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 03:13 PM

Well - I'm improving my Nation-state already! :)

The Holy Republic of The Liberian Union is a tiny, devout nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 6 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

The large government juggles the competing demands of Religion & Spirituality, Education, and Defence. The average income tax rate is 19%. A robust private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing, Woodchip Exports, and Soda Sales industries.

Citizens select which government department gets their income tax Tests each year. Crime is moderate, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. The Liberian Union's national animal is the nightingale and its currency is the Test.

The Liberian Union is ranked 3rd in the region and 72,641st in the world for Rudest Citizens.

We also have a new flag! :)

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#18 GoldenCoal

GoldenCoal

Not Fool's Gold

• Islander
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 03:21 PM

The Flag is pretty. :)

#19 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

• Islander
  • 24,309 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 03:26 PM

GoldenCoal, on Dec 14 2004, 03:21 PM, said:

The Flag is pretty. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Muchas Gracias! :)

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#20 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 10:43 PM

The Republic of Tanara checking in - I've moved into the region - it looks like some regions have a regional senate, Secretary of Recruitment, other posts  and such.  Maybe we ought to look into something like that?

Here's the Republic of Tanara:

The Republic of Tanara is a tiny, pleasant nation, renowned for its absence of drug laws. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 6 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

The large government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 20%. A substantial private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Beef-Based Agriculture and Retail.

Voting is voluntary. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tanara's national animal is the phoenix and its currency is the gold decagon.

Tanara is ranked 47,344th in the world for Rudest Citizens.

The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: OT, Member fun, Humor, Nation States

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users