• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 eloisel

eloisel

Non-sequitur

• Islander
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 01:59 AM

My little island nation is "environmentally stunning" with average civil rights, a good economy, and a few political freedoms.  I'm working on improving the flat 48% tax rate.  At least we are way at the bottom of the list of most likely to be deleted.

P.S.  As I am the Empress of my "environmentally stunning" nation, there are no sides but mine.

#62 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,191 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 02:01 AM

I'm still a happy little Corrupt Dictatorship. ^_^

Rommie :cylon:
Posted Image

#63 Robert Hewitt Wolfe

Robert Hewitt Wolfe
  • Demigod
  • 2,247 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 03:46 AM

Ex Isle Babe, on Apr 2 2005, 01:33 AM, said:

[!!! What's the name of your country?  Are you in the Ex Isle region?!?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not telling, but it shouldn't be toooo hard to figure out.   :devil:

"There are monsters, there are angels...
There's a peacefulness and a rage inside us all."
----------------------------------
Voice of the Beehive

#64 D'Monix

D'Monix
  • Islander
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 04:01 AM

hehe.

mine is about 700 million anarchic souls

#65 Lin731

Lin731
  • Islander
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 01:51 PM

Here's My Country:

The Republic of Dodaaaaaaaaaaaaa
"Dahhhhhhhhhhhhh"

UN Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy
Civil Rights:Very Good

Economy:Strong Political

Freedoms:Excellent

The Republic of Dodaaaaaaaaaaaaa is a massive, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 1.067 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass -- juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Education, and Defence. The average income tax rate is 41%. A healthy private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Book Publishing and Trout Farming.

Skateparks can be found in every city, the police force is on a recruitment drive, crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters, and cities are engulfed by smog. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is moderate. Dodaaaaaaaaaaaaa's national animal is the dodo bird and its currency is the doda dollars.

Dodaaaaaaaaaaaaa is ranked 1st in the region and 18,666th in the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#66 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 08:37 PM

LOL

"The Nomadic Peoples of Sazul
The Nomadic Peoples of Sazul is a tiny, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its burgeoning sasquatch population. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 5 million love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.

The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt morass -- juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Social Welfare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 37%, but much higher for the wealthy. A tiny private sector is dominated by the Basket Weaving industry.

Crime is relatively low. Sazul's national animal is the sasquatch, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the olbung."
Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#67 Robert Hewitt Wolfe

Robert Hewitt Wolfe
  • Demigod
  • 2,247 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 01:45 AM

If you're playing this and you're not in the ExIsle region, come on over.  There's a password and someone knows it.  Errr.  I think.

Voice of the Beehive

#68 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:15 PM

LOL!

The Queendom of Quacked
"If it hurts, don't do it."

UN Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy
Civil Rights:
Average Economy:
Good Political Freedoms:
Some

The Queendom of Quacked is a tiny, safe nation, renowned for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 5 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Religion & Spirituality, and Education. The average income tax rate is 29%. A substantial private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Information Technology and Woodchip Exports.

Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Quacked's national animal is the dodo and its currency is the real.

And here's the first government issue dealt with:

"Compulsory voting makes about as much as sense as having the death penalty for attempted suicide," says civil rights activist Chastity Washington. "You can't force people to be free! You can only give them the choice. Besides, if all those derelicts who can't be bothered to get off their ass once every few years voted, who would they elect? I shudder to think."

This is the position your government is preparing to adopt.

This is FUN!!

Edited by Rhea, 04 April 2005 - 04:17 PM.

The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#69 Robert Hewitt Wolfe

Robert Hewitt Wolfe
  • Demigod
  • 2,247 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:18 PM

Could whoever knows the password to ExIsle region PM it to all our nations?  I don't know it myself.  =P

Voice of the Beehive

#70 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:44 PM

^And quickly, too! I'm feeling disinfranchised!!!! Outraged!!!  :D  :p~
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#71 WildChildCait

WildChildCait

And from the ashes of fire, she is reborn

• Islander
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 08:52 AM

can i also have the psw please?

Cheers
Chaddee
RIP Ruby Medallion: 31-10-1999/21-05-2007
one gender-reassigned, world travelling, world class snake.

FKA Chaddee, amongst other things.
http://scentedalchemy.webs.com Custom handmade bath and body products

#72 WildChildCait

WildChildCait

And from the ashes of fire, she is reborn

• Islander
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 08:53 AM

can i also have the psw please?

Cheers
Chaddee

PS
The Queendom of Moppie is a tiny, economically powerful nation, notable for its complete absence of social welfare. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 5 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The small government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Commerce, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Furniture Restoration, Woodchip Exports, and Gambling industries.
Crime is a problem. Moppie's national animal is the brownie, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the daalder.
RIP Ruby Medallion: 31-10-1999/21-05-2007
one gender-reassigned, world travelling, world class snake.

FKA Chaddee, amongst other things.
http://scentedalchemy.webs.com Custom handmade bath and body products

#73 GoldenCoal

GoldenCoal

Not Fool's Gold

• Islander
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 09:50 AM

I believe Nick has the password, from when he was our UN Delegate.

#74 D'Monix

D'Monix
  • Islander
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 12:35 AM

somehow the grand dream of anarchy has turned on it's head.  like the MCP said to sark "you've become brutal, Sark, brtual and needlessly sadistic."

Anarcanis

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: OT, Member fun, Humor, Nation States

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users