• Please log in to reply
551 replies to this topic

#541 ReesesPieces

ReesesPieces

Watcher of Too Much TV

• Just Washed Ashore
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 02:01 PM

*blinks at the screen* What? I've reached the end?? I can't have reached the end!! I refuse to believe it! *tries to scroll the page more* Page: *refuses to scroll* Noooooooo! *grips the screen and shakes it* You can't do this to meeee! --Oh, btw. Uber bump! (Not 'uber' as in 'Uber', but, ya know.)

All hysterics aside, *pantpantwheezepantcough* I agree with what everyone else has said: You have written this brilliantly, and even though our beloved characters (Not Bobby or Gerentex. They aren't beloved. :glare:) have been thrust into a totally and completely different setting/era, it still. freaking. works. Perfectly!! I positively adore this fic. Ok? Ya get me? A-D-O-R-E . If it was a book in a store, I'd buy it, which is saying a lot for a jobless high school graduate.

Like I said on your other thread, I know RL can get messy, so you just do what you gotta do. I'll be here.... hangin' with Sparky.... five years from now.... *gathers kindling for fire*  ;)

Edited by ReesesPieces, 25 March 2011 - 08:15 AM.

Spoiler

#542 JillliJ

JillliJ

Loyal Harperchondriac

• Islander
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:56 PM

Okay, since it's only been a couple YEARS or more, I figured you folks were do for an update.

As I'm sure you ALL know, I've been very, very AWOL for a very, very long time.  There are many reasons for this.  1. A lot of my friends and the folks I used to chat with (which fueled my muse) have moved on to other fandoms and it put a damper on my writing.  2. I took my first teaching job as a music teacher 6 years ago and while I love it, the amount of extra time (concerts, rehearsals, planning, ordering music, repairing instruments, etc.) that it takes is staggering and nothing I could have imagined.  3. I have been trying to finish a Masters Degree at the same time.  

Well, I FINALLY finished that masters degree!!!!  

What does that mean?  Well, I still have that demanding teaching job, but I am started to finally get organized and know better what I'm doing with it.  Will still have concerts and rehearsals and such, but I'm getting better.  And I have to be honest in saying since there's just not all that many people still interested in having long heart-to-heart dicussions about Harper and Andromeda and plot points, I don't see myself becoming insanely active in the fandom again.

BUT it does mean I should have time to start squeezing writing back into my life again.  I have many irons in the fire and write for several fandoms, all of which were put on hold as I finished my degree, but I will get back to this story.

So, for any of you who might still be hanging around out there and interested in this story, stay tuned.  I will update as soon as I can and eventually even finish!  

(Now, if I can just remember how to write things without footnotes and bibliographical references.)

- Jill (known as 1917farmgirl on most other sites that I now frequent if you want to look me up)

Posted Image

Keeper of Harper's Bunk on Beka's Ship
Keeper of Beka's Unoffical Little Brother

#543 SparkyCola

SparkyCola
  • Islander
  • 14,904 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:16 PM

Ha! :D I thought this day would never come, but how wrong I was! Thanks so much for the update and great to see you around :hugs: Glad you're ok, and though life is busy I hope it's in a good way. :D

Just to let you know if you still have at least one fan and reader still patiently awaiting updates (even if you did sneakily return while I was on holiday!)

{{{{{{{JillliJ}}}}}}}

Sparky
Able to entertain a thought without taking it home to meet the parents

#544 DaveW

DaveW
  • Islander
  • 900 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:21 AM

"So, for any of you who might still be hanging around out there and interested in this story, stay tuned.  I will update as soon as I can and eventually even finish!"

YAY!!!  And congrats on finising your degree!  You teach privately or in the school system?

#545 Cheile

Cheile

proud J/Cer ~ ten years and counting

• Islander
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:43 AM

YAY JILL'S BACK!!!!!!!!!

congrats on the master's, so glad to know you're okay.

now....update please!!  :p ;) :hugs:

Posted Image

"Andromeda may be over but it's not dead. Not as long as we have fanfic writers dedicated to keeping it alive.  Whether you accept everything as canon or stop at a certain point. Whether you accept and enjoy Nu Drom or only accept Classic Drom, it will never be over.  Not as long as we have each other [and Beka], who binds us all together." ~ Mary Rose

Twitter * Facebook * ExIsle at Facebook

icon by mercscilla @ LJ

#546 JudasRimmer

JudasRimmer

Emperor of Incompetence

• Islander
  • 682 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:20 PM

Congrats on the degree-and hope to see the next part soon! :)

Dave.

#547 ilexx

ilexx
  • Islander
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:12 AM

Good to see you around!

#548 SamIam2

SamIam2
  • Just Washed Ashore
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:20 PM

It's been a while since I've been on this forum *cough*sixyears*cough* and I thought I'd visit to see if this story was done as I remember it as being very good. Nice to see that it hasn't been abandoned (?) and am looking forward to more :)
(P.S. congratulations on the Masters!)

#549 DaveW

DaveW
  • Islander
  • 900 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:40 AM

"Okay, since it's only been a couple YEARS or more, I figured you folks were do for an update."

Well - it has been another couple of years .....

#550 JillliJ

JillliJ

Loyal Harperchondriac

• Islander
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:58 PM

*Hangs head in shame*  I know, I know.  I do still play to try and someday finish this, but I'm not going to make a liar out of myself again by trying to give you guys any sort of time frame.  It's pretty low on my unfinished story list at the moment, and that's a long list.

But I do so appreciate the support of those of you still interested in it.  THANKS!

Jill

Posted Image

Keeper of Harper's Bunk on Beka's Ship
Keeper of Beka's Unoffical Little Brother

#551 JudasRimmer

JudasRimmer

Emperor of Incompetence

• Islander
  • 682 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:08 PM

Yay! I hope you do finish this! Hopefully [pretty please] by Xmas so you can at least say you finished it within a decade! ;)

Dave.

#552 DaveW

DaveW
  • Islander
  • 900 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 12:58 PM

HMMMM - Still waiting .........

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users