• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 darthsikle

darthsikle
  • Dead account
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 04:23 PM

Cheile, on Feb 2 2005, 09:16 PM, said:

jobs aren't always easy to find.  and you have some nerve implying that someone should be forced into whoring to make a living.  :grr:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First of all, I have a LOT of nerve.  I never suggested someone should be "forced" into "whoring" (your word not mine).

No one is saying do it or die, they are saying, if you want to live on the dole for longer than a year you have to take this job.  They are free to refuse or get a job like a normal person.

I was comparing it to the US where you generally get just 26 weeks and then nothing.  $0.  Cya lata'.  This seems extremely generous.

"whoring" has such a negative conotation.  With the industry legalized in Germany, all the girls are probably disease free and have benefits.  If you are uncomfortable with sexuality, please do not try and impose your morals on the rest of us.  Especially those with "nerve" ;)

Edited by darthsikle, 02 February 2005 - 04:24 PM.

Goodbye.

#42 darthsikle

darthsikle
  • Dead account
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 04:25 PM

Handmaiden07, on Feb 2 2005, 09:21 PM, said:

darthsikle, on Feb 2 2005, 03:59 PM, said:

Nonny, on Feb 2 2005, 12:31 AM, said:

Apparently being willing to become a bar maid was considered close enough to becoming a prostitute in the minds of whoever made the new rules.  That's really unfair to bar maids. 

Nonny

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Most bar maids will sleep with you for a few bucks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's insulting to bar maids.   :angry:

That said... it isn't in their job description, so they AREN'T forced to do it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe we go to different bars or something.
Goodbye.

#43 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,309 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 04:39 PM

I don't go to bars at all.  But I'm also done replying to you, because you know you're being inflammatory.

HM07

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#44 Cheile

Cheile

proud J/Cer ~ ten years and counting

• Islander
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 04:40 PM

darthsikle, on Feb 2 2005, 02:23 PM, said:

"whoring" has such a negative conotation.  With the industry legalized in Germany, all the girls are probably disease free and have benefits.  If you are uncomfortable with sexuality, please do not try and impose your morals on the rest of us.  Especially those with "nerve" ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

prostitution = selling your body.  whoring = same thing.   :rolleyes:

the point you failed to address is it's not that easy to find a new job.  here, there or anywhere.  so it's rude of you to imply these people are lazy.  did it ever occur to you that maybe they've looked all year and couldn't find anything?  applied hundreds of places and no one called?  guess not.

Posted Image

"Andromeda may be over but it's not dead. Not as long as we have fanfic writers dedicated to keeping it alive.  Whether you accept everything as canon or stop at a certain point. Whether you accept and enjoy Nu Drom or only accept Classic Drom, it will never be over.  Not as long as we have each other [and Beka], who binds us all together." ~ Mary Rose

Twitter * Facebook * ExIsle at Facebook

icon by mercscilla @ LJ

#45 darthsikle

darthsikle
  • Dead account
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 04:51 PM

Handmaiden07, on Feb 2 2005, 09:39 PM, said:

I don't go to bars at all.  But I'm also done replying to you, because you know you're being inflammatory.

HM07

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you for telling me what I know.  It was meant to be *tongue in cheek*  My next line was going to be something along the line of I was talking about strip clubs.

Cheile, on Feb 2 2005, 09:40 PM, said:

darthsikle, on Feb 2 2005, 02:23 PM, said:

"whoring" has such a negative conotation.  With the industry legalized in Germany, all the girls are probably disease free and have benefits.  If you are uncomfortable with sexuality, please do not try and impose your morals on the rest of us.  Especially those with "nerve" ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

prostitution = selling your body.  whoring = same thing.   :rolleyes:

the point you failed to address is it's not that easy to find a new job.  here, there or anywhere.  so it's rude of you to imply these people are lazy.  did it ever occur to you that maybe they've looked all year and couldn't find anything?  applied hundreds of places and no one called?  guess not.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I never impied or inferred that they were lazy.  Once again, I was comparing it to the US.  A year on unemployment is downright generous.   I have a hard time buying you could look all year and not find a job.
Goodbye.

#46 Consubstantial

Consubstantial

Paradox by Incongruity

• Islander
  • 851 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 05:52 PM

And if DS has a hard time buying it, well, it must not be true.

Hey DS, sounds to me like you need a donut.

I'm sure there is a plate full of them around here somewhere.  Anyone seen the donuts?  DS really needs some.
From the start, our terms jump to conclusions--Kenneth Burke

#47 Cheile

Cheile

proud J/Cer ~ ten years and counting

• Islander
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 05:52 PM

darthsikle, on Feb 2 2005, 02:51 PM, said:

I never impied or inferred that they were lazy.

this was you earlier:

darthsikle, on Feb 2 2005, 01:58 PM, said:

If you were forced into this right away, I could see a problem with it, but after a year??  get a job and stop being lazy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

unless you're gonna tell me someone was posting under your name?

darthsikle, on Feb 2 2005, 02:51 PM, said:

I have a hard time buying you could look all year and not find a job.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

try living in a small town where the option to commute to a large city to job search is not possible.  i'm sure there are towns like that in Germany.

Posted Image

"Andromeda may be over but it's not dead. Not as long as we have fanfic writers dedicated to keeping it alive.  Whether you accept everything as canon or stop at a certain point. Whether you accept and enjoy Nu Drom or only accept Classic Drom, it will never be over.  Not as long as we have each other [and Beka], who binds us all together." ~ Mary Rose

Twitter * Facebook * ExIsle at Facebook

icon by mercscilla @ LJ

#48 Broph

Broph
  • Islander
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 09:08 AM

For some reason, I can't get to Snopes right now, but when I read about this on another message board, someone pointed to a Snopes article talking about the same thing. It's possible that these were examples of what could happen under the new laws, but they never actually did happen. It was only through bad translations and retellings that the stories started sounding more factual.

Try checking out Snopes. The page may even be here:

http://www.snopes.co...ews/brothel.asp

#49 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 09:31 AM

darthsikle, on Feb 2 2005, 12:58 PM, said:

Wait a second here.......this is after they are unemployed FOR A YEAR.  Most of the times in the US, you are cut off of unemployment after six months.  I see nothing wrong with it.  Find a job I say.

If you were forced into this right away, I could see a problem with it, but after a year??  get a job and stop being lazy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oddly enough, Germany, being a completely different country, has different laws than the US, and, odder still, US laws do not apply to Germany.  :rolleyes:

Nonny
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#50 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 09:37 AM

darthsikle, on Feb 2 2005, 12:59 PM, said:

Nonny, on Feb 2 2005, 12:31 AM, said:

Apparently being willing to become a bar maid was considered close enough to becoming a prostitute in the minds of whoever made the new rules.  That's really unfair to bar maids. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Most bar maids will sleep with you for a few bucks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If that were true, wouldn't they be lining up to get into the brothels where they could make the big bucks and, presumably, the better clients?  Oh wait, only in Germany.  Not here.   :sarcasm:  :sarcasm:  :sarcasm:

Nonny
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#51 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 10:01 AM

Cheile, on Feb 2 2005, 11:52 PM, said:

try living in a small town where the option to commute to a large city to job search is not possible.  i'm sure there are towns like that in Germany.

There are, some of them are very good for a 'get away from life' vacation  :cool:

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Unemployment law, Prostitution, Culture, Europe

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users