United in Prayer - Add Your Prayer Requests

• Please log in to reply
702 replies to this topic

#621 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,027 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 12:15 PM

Prayers for the Yaran (roughly translated "Friends") - the 7 Baha'is in Iran now standing trial on trumped up charges in Iran.

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#622 Cheile

Cheile

proud J/Cer ~ ten years and counting

• Islander
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:19 PM

guess no one comes here anymore....but i think we should all pray for our own loss...that of Shalamar.  for her soul, for her family and RL friends, and for ourselves.

Posted Image

"Andromeda may be over but it's not dead. Not as long as we have fanfic writers dedicated to keeping it alive.  Whether you accept everything as canon or stop at a certain point. Whether you accept and enjoy Nu Drom or only accept Classic Drom, it will never be over.  Not as long as we have each other [and Beka], who binds us all together." ~ Mary Rose

Twitter * Facebook * ExIsle at Facebook

icon by mercscilla @ LJ

#623 Darkside_1

Darkside_1

Your friendly Neighborhood Moderator.

• 3,029 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:28 PM

^^ Ditto...

Deepest prayers and warm thoughts to Shal's family, friends, fellow Islers and especially comfort to RommieSG.

For our fallen friends and family...

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

DREAM as if you'll live forever, LIVE as if you'll die tomorrow.
R.I.P. Constable Jennifer Kovach, Guelph Police Services, Badge #72 - 10/Sep/1986 - 14/Mar/2013

* * * Hero in life, not death * * *

*** (Click here to view my signature) ***

Posted Image

"A pound of supplies taken from your enemy is worth 10 pounds of your own supplies"
Sun Tzu "The Art of War"

#624 Shoshana

Shoshana
  • Islander
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 07:47 PM

I've been having a difficult time with this and so didn't post earlier, but Buetopaz lost her battle with small cell lung cancer on January 12, 2010.

She passed away in her sleep, at home.

#625 D'Monix

D'Monix

Wearin My Shades and Seein The Truth

• Islander
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:38 AM

View PostShoshana, on Feb 19 2010, 12:47 AM, said:

I've been having a difficult time with this and so didn't post earlier, but Buetopaz lost her battle with small cell lung cancer on January 12, 2010.

She passed away in her sleep, at home.

(('Shana))

Rest in Peace, Bluetopaz.
“President Obama is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people,”  -Clint Eastwood

Evil Tea Party Member #667
Evil Republican

#626 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

• Islander
  • 24,027 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:58 AM

Thank you everyone for sharing. Prayers for Bluetopaz and Shalamar, and for their friends and family.

I will also share - a friend of mine has been diagnosed with terminal cancer - she does not seem so ill as to be about to die, yet that's what the doctors have told her. And she seems to be determined to take their word for it.  I am having a hard time accepting that she's supposed to be gone in less than 2 months, and yet, that's the prognosis.  So prayers for my friend, and prayers for guidance as to how to be a friend to her in this moment.

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#627 shambalayogi

shambalayogi

Fan of Many Things

• Islander
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:04 PM

{{{{Queen Tiye}}}}}}

I'm glad to see this still going! :)

I'm very sorry to hear about shalamar.  I knew about Blue Topaz passing from another board. She was a grand lady and I'll miss her. :(

MI haven't been here for almost two year! i didn't realize how long it had been ---

my mother passed away very peacefully from penuonnia and some cancer complications in her lungs ... she didn't show much until one day 18 months ago she couldn't breathe.  At the hospital we found out how bad her lungs were and nothing seemed to help the disease process in there.  She and I had long ago made the decision about respirtators and little chance of getting better on one.  she also had right side heart failure.  She was on hospice for 2-3 days and died very quietly one day just about an hour after I had left her that day.

she was very weak those lawst few days, but she knew who I was, she had Alzheimer's as well.  She knew who she was, still had enough hair on her head to get it done every week and died with a beautiful manicure.  She would have liked all those things. :)

I'm going to try to be around her more ....

Peace to all, shamba
Shamba,
I Trust SNAPE!  so .. he better be loyal!
I Knew Where NZ was before LOTR!
Frodo Lives! Long Live the King!
It may not be a time of myth and legend, but it's
definitely a time for heroes and heroines!
Shambalayogi's Retreat
Tulsa Trek Expo
Comic Con In 2008
Learn About Peak Oil

#628 Cheile

Cheile

• Islander
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:08 AM

sorry to hear of your loss, shamba...and will pray for yr friend, QT.

i have a close friend in Britain who is also suffering.  she has leukemia and is forced to live with her very abusive family.  it is difficult cuz i love her so much and i fear waking up to learn that she has died at their hands. :(  the authorities do not believe the evidence brought to them so i also fear if this happens, they will get away with it.

sometimes i don't know what to do.... :(

Posted Image

"Andromeda may be over but it's not dead. Not as long as we have fanfic writers dedicated to keeping it alive.  Whether you accept everything as canon or stop at a certain point. Whether you accept and enjoy Nu Drom or only accept Classic Drom, it will never be over.  Not as long as we have each other [and Beka], who binds us all together." ~ Mary Rose

icon by mercscilla @ LJ

#629 Norville

Norville
  • Islander
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:10 PM

This isn't something I like to talk about, but it contributes to a huge amount of stress in my life, and it's partly why I haven't been posting, because I don't need any temptation to blow off steam online.

My dad has gone seriously downhill from Alzheimer's. His mother had it, and watching what became of her caused me to pray that I'd never see it happen in my family again. Of course, God and/or the universe said "Hah!" and made sure that I got slapped directly in the face with it. I knew he was losing it, but was trying to keep him going. Then he wrecked his car in December 2008.

So, I'm trying to help my mom help him, because she insists on dealing with things herself... and even though she raised me not to ask for help, this is ridiculous. Maybe we can't afford to have him put into a home (especially not in Northern California, good grief), but we need support somehow, and I'm sick to death of our having to handle this ourselves. However, it's probably made me grow up and become grimly responsible (despite being 40+) in a way that I wouldn't have otherwise (since I never married or had kids), so maybe that was a good thing. (Yeah, right.)

I'm not convinced that prayers will help, since they certainly didn't help in the first place (or the answer was, as said above, "Hah!"), but they won't hurt, either. (Pardon my resentful tone. I have rather strongly resented the universe for over a year now. Arrggh.)
"The dew has fallen with a particularly sickening thud this morning."
- Marvin the Paranoid Android, "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"

#630 Norville

Norville
  • Islander
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:16 AM

^ Re: my last post... he's gone. On Saturday, he wandered outside and fell, after I left for work. A jogger found him and called emergency services. He developed pneumonia along the way. Mom and I visited him yesterday to give him some comfort.

I'd say that the only merciful thing about this, after over a year of disappearing into Alzheimer's, was that he didn't last long after the final crisis (but I know that he was in pain because of the trouble breathing).

I miss him, but was already missing the man he used to be for a long time before that.
"The dew has fallen with a particularly sickening thud this morning."
- Marvin the Paranoid Android, "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"

#631 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

• Islander
  • 24,027 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:43 AM

Oh, Norville.  I'm so sorry. Alzheimer's is a difficult disease - my grandmother had it, and my dad was developing it before he died.  I'm sorry to hear he died so suddenly, and yet, knowing how hard it is to care for a loved one - especially with Alzheimer's, I'm glad you were spared the long, continuing decline.  1+ years is enough - I'm glad you learned some new skills, found some new strength, in dealing with your dad, and I pray you, your mom, and your family can find some peace.  Away from the day to day emergencies of his care - I pray that memories of all that he was to you before the disease give you comfort.

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#632 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

• Islander
  • 24,027 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:44 AM

View PostCheile, on Feb 22 2010, 04:08 AM, said:

sorry to hear of your loss, shamba...and will pray for yr friend, QT.

i have a close friend in Britain who is also suffering.  she has leukemia and is forced to live with her very abusive family.  it is difficult cuz i love her so much and i fear waking up to learn that she has died at their hands. :(  the authorities do not believe the evidence brought to them so i also fear if this happens, they will get away with it.

sometimes i don't know what to do.... :(

Keep praying. :) I'll pray with you.  {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Cheile}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#633 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

• Islander
  • 24,027 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:46 AM

View Postshambalayogi, on Feb 21 2010, 09:04 PM, said:

{{{{Queen Tiye}}}}}}

I'm glad to see this still going! :)

I'm very sorry to hear about shalamar.  I knew about Blue Topaz passing from another board. She was a grand lady and I'll miss her. :(

MI haven't been here for almost two year! i didn't realize how long it had been ---

my mother passed away very peacefully from penuonnia and some cancer complications in her lungs ... she didn't show much until one day 18 months ago she couldn't breathe.  At the hospital we found out how bad her lungs were and nothing seemed to help the disease process in there.  She and I had long ago made the decision about respirtators and little chance of getting better on one.  she also had right side heart failure.  She was on hospice for 2-3 days and died very quietly one day just about an hour after I had left her that day.

she was very weak those lawst few days, but she knew who I was, she had Alzheimer's as well.  She knew who she was, still had enough hair on her head to get it done every week and died with a beautiful manicure.  She would have liked all those things. :)

I'm going to try to be around her more ....

Peace to all, shamba

{{{{{{{{{{{{shamba}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} so sorry to hear about your mom.  Cheile gets the credit for keeping this thread alive - but I'm so glad she did. And so glad to see you here again.

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#634 FlatlandDan

FlatlandDan

Sophisticate

• Islander
  • 8,823 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:46 AM

If you could offer up a prayer for my grampapa who is in the hospital, that would be lovely.  I hope it's minor (he is 87 and has been failing for a while) but based on the message I got off my cousin I can't help but feel this time is different. :(
My candle burns at both its ends;
It will not last the night;
But oh, my foes, and oh, my friends --
It gives a lovely light."
-Edna St. Vincent Millay

#635 SparkyCola

SparkyCola

Bye

• Islander
  • 14,901 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:08 AM

^ I'll send all my good thoughts his way, Dani. I hope he gets well soon :hugs:

Sparky
Able to entertain a thought without taking it home to meet the parents

#636 Raeven

Raeven

Administrator Emerita

• Administrator
  • 23,750 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:29 AM

I'll keep him in my thoughts Dani :)

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#637 Cheile

Cheile

• Islander
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 01:47 AM

:dusts off doorway again:

being what today is (i know, i'm late....it's quarter to midnight here), we should have an extra prayer for the families of the victims and also pray for tolerance towards Muslim-Americans.

also for my little sister...her health is just getting worse but that's thanks to her scum "family". also pray that she can move in with a uni friend which means said scum "family" will have less access to harass her.

and finally for my parents' kitty.  the vets found some sort of lump in Lola's belly area and they dunno if they will have to do a biopsy or not.

Posted Image

icon by mercscilla @ LJ

#638 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:27 AM

{{{Cheile}}}

I'm with you in thought and prayer.

#639 Cheile

Cheile

• Islander
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:55 PM

i'm pissed....apparently a medication that Lola needs has a side effect that can cause lumps....AND THE STAFF AT THE VET'S OFFICE DIDN'T TELL MY PARENTS THIS. :grr:  pray i don't give them a nasty phone call cuz i'm about to and she's not even my cat!

also a happy praise....former coworker had a baby boy this afternoon.  so congrats to Shantale, hubby Cesar, big brother and sister Kaden and Ariana and welcome to the world, baby Jivan Sergio! :)

Posted Image

icon by mercscilla @ LJ

#640 Cheile

Cheile

• Islander
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:21 PM

guess no one comes here anymore....

well if anyone does, my lil sis needs prayer.  she had to have brain surgery this morning and it wasn't looking good.  also for some reason she removed one of her few RL friends as medical proxy so if the worst happens, her horrid parents (who don't care abt her) will get to make any major decisions and that means they'll legally kill her.

maybe someone will read this...i don't know. but i felt the need to post it anyway.

Posted Image

icon by mercscilla @ LJ

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users