• Please log in to reply
709 replies to this topic

#701 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,231 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss, Darkside. My condolences to your family.  Even when it's expected and the loved one has lived a long and happy life, it is not an easy thing to deal with.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#702 Raina

Raina

Cpt. Raina 'Starlee'

• Validation Team
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:10 AM

My condolences, Darkside_1. :hugs:

"First thing they tell you is to assume you're already dead... dead men don't get scared or freeze up under fire. Me, I'm just worried that hell's gonna be a lonely place. And I'm gonna fill it up with every toaster son of a bitch I find." -Racetrack

"I believe what goes around comes around and if I am the instrument of 'coming round' then I'll do it happily. " -Shal

Viper Squadron CAG
Roman Warrior
Browncoat

#703 Darkside_1

Darkside_1

Your friendly Neighborhood Moderator.

• 3,091 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:32 PM

On behalf of my extended family, thank you all for your prayers and thoughts.

We had a beautiful mass for my grandmother at the end of the week.  We decided not to hold a viewing at the funeral home but to instead have her privately cremated and to just hold a 'Celebration Of Her Life' mass at her church parish with a quiet reception downstairs in the church basement hall.  Lots of memories with her and the family while growing up.  My cousin made DVD copies of an old video of my grandma and her late husband that was back in 1990 when they celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary.  

The mass was a bilingual service in both French and English as the main minister only spoke French as he came from Paris France.  The other minister spoke both French and English.  Also, both ministers were close friends of my grandparents and the bilingual minister officiated at my aunt's wedding.

My aunt and uncle now are keeping the urn with my grandmother's ashes until next spring when she will be laid to rest at her grave beside her late husband in her home town of Frampton, Quebec.

Edited by Darkside_1, 28 November 2013 - 09:33 PM.

"Harry S. Truman said that he felt like a bale of hay fell on him.

I feel like I got the whole damn barn."

Darren "Condor" McGavin - "By Dawn's Early Light"

HBO TV Movie - 1990

*** (Click here to view my signature) ***

Posted Image

"A pound of supplies taken from your enemy is worth 10 pounds of your own supplies"
Sun Tzu "The Art of War"

#704 Darkside_1

Darkside_1

• 3,091 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:06 AM

Hi all, This coming weekend, I'll be away with my dad's family taking my grandmother's ashes to rest in her home town of Frampton, Quebec.  I'll be staying in Levis (45min - 1hr drive from Frampton) during the jaunt.

We'll be having a service for her with her surviving relatives.

Attached File  Grandma Adrienne Poulliot Vachon's Urn (1 of 7).jpg   89.44K   0 downloads

Attached File  Grandma Adrienne Poulliot Vachon's Urn (5 of 7).jpg   86.15K   0 downloads

These are a couple of photos of her urn and the enclosure a close friend of the family made for her.

The enclosure is oak with purple heart for the accents on the sides.

HBO TV Movie - 1990

Posted Image

"A pound of supplies taken from your enemy is worth 10 pounds of your own supplies"
Sun Tzu "The Art of War"

#705 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,231 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:35 PM

Again, I'm sorry for your loss.  I hope on this trip there will be smiles for the good memories along with the sadness.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#706 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 07:25 AM

{{{{{{{Innocentone}}}}}}}

I really miss your Debbish. :heart:

#707 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,945 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 07:42 AM

View PostM.E., on 27 October 2017 - 07:25 AM, said:

{{{{{{{Innocentone}}}}}}}

I really miss your Debbish. :heart:

:cry:

(((((((((Innocentone)))))))))

Me too.  :heart:  She could always cheer anyone up, couldn't she?

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 27 October 2017 - 07:43 AM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#708 kcsue

kcsue

Chocolate Fiend

• Islander
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:20 PM

:hugs: :hugs: Innocentone :hugs: :hugs:
As long as I have Coffee and Chocolate, the world is safe!

Tyr: Don't forget to hee-haw

#709 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,231 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:01 PM

Innocentone.  :(

#710 Darkside_1

Darkside_1

• 3,091 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:15 AM

Sandra Bruckner from the B5 fan community.  She recently lost her battle with cancer.

She'll be deeply missed by those that knew her.

HBO TV Movie - 1990

Posted Image

Sun Tzu "The Art of War"

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users