487 replies to this topic

#41 Raina

Raina

Cpt. Raina 'Starlee'

• Validation Team
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 11:48 PM

*bumpity bump*
We must have more BSG fans than this! Where are all you Galacticans? ;)

"First thing they tell you is to assume you're already dead... dead men don't get scared or freeze up under fire. Me, I'm just worried that hell's gonna be a lonely place. And I'm gonna fill it up with every toaster son of a bitch I find." -Racetrack

"I believe what goes around comes around and if I am the instrument of 'coming round' then I'll do it happily. " -Shal

Viper Squadron CAG
Roman Warrior
Browncoat

#42 Monsters Cry Alone

Monsters Cry Alone

Can't You See I'm Bleeding?

• Islander
  • 5,683 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 07:10 AM

I'm rather shocked by how few of us there are :(

Generally just not missed

#43 CurlyKirsty

CurlyKirsty
  • Islander
  • 652 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 06:03 PM

This show is amazing, it has everything I like, all my favourite things from DS9, Andromeda and Terminator films 1 & 2, the cyborgs, the human interest/angst and turmoil and some smoochy bits as well.  I can`t wait to get the first series on DVD, I have the mini-series.

I already have several cast members autos and have met Aaron/chief Tyrel and Jamie/Apollo. :D  There are two events where we can meet Galactica`s crew in the UK this year, maybe we can meet up?

My call sign would have to be Dior, cos :love:  J`adore Dior. :love:
Doctor Who?

Posted Image

#44 Raina

Raina

Cpt. Raina 'Starlee'

• Validation Team
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 12:26 AM

Damn you UKers being able to meet Galactica's crew!!

They should soooo have a Galactica con in Vancouver. I mean, it's where it's filmed for frak's sake!! :p

I have family in Vancouver (unlike in the UK, where I've never even been), so popping over to Van for a con is actually do-able. Plus if I'm supposedly there to visit family, my parents will pay for transportation! :D

"First thing they tell you is to assume you're already dead... dead men don't get scared or freeze up under fire. Me, I'm just worried that hell's gonna be a lonely place. And I'm gonna fill it up with every toaster son of a bitch I find." -Racetrack

"I believe what goes around comes around and if I am the instrument of 'coming round' then I'll do it happily. " -Shal

Viper Squadron CAG
Roman Warrior
Browncoat

#45 CurlyKirsty

CurlyKirsty
  • Islander
  • 652 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 04:52 AM

Raina, there is a convention in Vancouver called Gatecon, held 25th July to 1st August.  The guests include Aaron Douglas (the party animal), Tahmoh Penikett, Kandyse Mclure, Alonso Oyarzen, Lorena Gale and Richard Hatch who are/were all in BSG.  There are lots of other guests from other shows as well.
Doctor Who?

Posted Image

#46 Raina

Raina

Cpt. Raina 'Starlee'

• Validation Team
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 06:54 AM

Thanks for the heads up about Gatecon.
But there's no Apollo aka. Jamie!!!

Viper Squadron CAG
Roman Warrior
Browncoat

#47 charli

charli

The OFFICIAL coffee snob...

• Islander
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 10:28 AM

:blush: Yes, I've been lurking about in the shadows while no one is here!!  I love both classic and new BSG!  No probs adjusting to new Starbuck.  I thought Katie Sackhoff (sp?) does a great job!!

Oh, and don't tell Mary Rose I've been hanging out here!!  *glances around surrepticiously before ducking back into the 'Cove*
Posted Image
Going Under now updated!

#48 Raina

Raina

Cpt. Raina 'Starlee'

• Validation Team
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 11:02 AM

^Why wouldn't Mary Rose want to know you been hanging out here? :p ;)

Viper Squadron CAG
Roman Warrior
Browncoat

#49 JchaosRS

JchaosRS

Ordered Chaos

• Islander
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 12:15 PM

I have been wondering, with all fo the survivors of the 12 colonies (a little under 50,000) one would think that there woudl be a few more black characters. I'm just wonderign where they are all hiding. They seem to hide when ever the camera comes around.
Will be eternally Rommie's Slave
Jays Music Videos | Jeremy Farnum | LexaFans

#50 charli

charli

• Islander
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 12:21 PM

*looks around guiltily*

^Why wouldn't Mary Rose want to know you been hanging out here? tongue.gif wink2.gif

:blush: Could be 'cause I'm s'posed to be writing Drom story, not lurking in BSG... :eek2:
Posted Image
Going Under now updated!

#51 CurlyKirsty

CurlyKirsty
  • Islander
  • 652 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 11:41 AM

Are we going to be de-briefed after our little engagement with the Cylons. :eek2:
Doctor Who?

Posted Image

#52 Monsters Cry Alone

Monsters Cry Alone

• Islander
  • 5,683 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 02:41 PM

Rommies Slave, on Mar 8 2005, 05:15 PM, said:

I have been wondering, with all fo the survivors of the 12 colonies (a little under 50,000) one would think that there woudl be a few more black characters. I'm just wonderign where they are all hiding. They seem to hide when ever the camera comes around.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I noticed that... there seems to be a noticable lack of certain characterisics (sp?)  No black characters, no fat ones, no ugly ones, no disabled people.... unless they are all hiding on the one ship without a camera?? :p~

charli, on Mar 8 2005, 05:21 PM, said:

*looks around guiltily*

^Why wouldn't Mary Rose want to know you been hanging out here? tongue.gif wink2.gif

:blush: Could be 'cause I'm s'posed to be writing Drom story, not lurking in BSG... :eek2:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey I'm lurking here to.... I'm hoping MR hasn't noticed :)

#53 Raina

Raina

Cpt. Raina 'Starlee'

• Validation Team
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 02:45 PM

Are we going to be de-briefed after our little engagement with the Cylons. 
We were engaged with the Cylons?? Frack!!!
:p

Viper Squadron CAG
Roman Warrior
Browncoat

#54 Smiley

Smiley

harumph

• Islander
  • 937 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 02:45 PM

Wasn't there a black character on the prison ship? A guard maybe?
Friends are just enemies that don't have the guts to kill you.
See Ya Space Cowboy

#55 Raina

Raina

Cpt. Raina 'Starlee'

• Validation Team
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 02:48 PM

^oooh yeah the guard who sold out was black...

Viper Squadron CAG
Roman Warrior
Browncoat

#56 JchaosRS

JchaosRS

Ordered Chaos

• Islander
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 02:52 PM

Yes. There was him, itís kind of funny that you can pick out each of the black characters because there is only one character that has appeared in more than one episode.

I just think it looks kind of odd. I would jsut think that the population of at least the millitary would be a little more diverse.

This could be that the writters never thought of this, or there are just not that many nonwhite actors that could play the charcters.

But I still think it looks wierd.

Edited by Rommies Slave, 10 March 2005 - 02:59 PM.

Will be eternally Rommie's Slave
Jays Music Videos | Jeremy Farnum | LexaFans

#57 Raina

Raina

Cpt. Raina 'Starlee'

• Validation Team
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 03:03 PM

Ooooh I just thought of something:
BSG is filmed in Vancouver, and as far as I've seen, Greater Vancouver has very few black people.

Viper Squadron CAG
Roman Warrior
Browncoat

#58 CurlyKirsty

CurlyKirsty
  • Islander
  • 652 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 01:57 AM

There are quite a few ethnic groups represent or is it present on the command deck or are they not black enough?
Doctor Who?

Posted Image

#59 charli

charli

• Islander
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 12:10 PM

Hey, Clari!!  Good to hear from you!!  I've been missing you!!

*looks around cautiously before whispering*  Pssstt....  I don't think MR has noticed I'm here...  I distracted her w/ some Drom fic!  How 'bout you?  :hehe:

I ask again...  Do any of you folks like classic BSG?  Or is that only us ancients? :blush:
Posted Image
Going Under now updated!

#60 Monsters Cry Alone

Monsters Cry Alone

• Islander
  • 5,683 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 01:57 PM

Never seen the Classic BSG - but I'd like to - and I'm on a classic BSG slash fanfic list :blush:

And I think MR is ignoring me.... cause I'm not writing anymore.... thats why I'm not in the Cove more often.   :(

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users