Drom RP OOC thread

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#21 janeta-marie siri

janeta-marie siri
  • Islander
  • 4,932 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 08:04 PM

I have a strong feeling that that post was directed at me...

Don't worry, I have 'No signatures' written on a post-it and I put that post-it on my computer , so I shouln't forget again.

sorry :blush:
The golden Trancer

Purple duck have no place in kitchen... amen.

#22 szhismine

szhismine

why must you hurt me in this way Harry...

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 08:15 PM

^ janeta, is this by any chance your first RP? ;)

it's okay, on my first RP i sometimes forgot to remove my sig too. but try and notice it so you can edit it right away.
Neville: "My grandmother forbids me from using raunchy language."
Harry: "Well your grandmother is a Blast-Ended Skank!"
Neville: *GASP*
Hermione: "He doesn't mean it Neville, he's just testing out some wizard swears."
Harry: "I mean every word I ever say ever, because I'm Harry Potter." --'Wizard Swears', Potter Puppet Pals

Hermione: "What's your problem Harry?"
Harry: "My parents are dead, my life sucks, I can't hold down a girlfriend, and I'm surrounded by f*ck*ng goblins and sh*t all the time. I mean what the f*ck?"
Ron: "But it's magic Harry. The goblins are magical!" --'Wizard Angst', Potter Puppet Pals

Me: "It's just a matter of looking past [McKay's] arrogant exterior to see his warm, fuzzy, probably angst-filled interior."
Hawkeye: "You harperchondriac girls think everyone has an angst filled interior."

"Good gods, you sniff out angst like a police dog sniffs out drugs." --Lyric (to me)

#23 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 10:45 PM

Hehe, my first forum RP and I'm in charge here... God help us all! :p

#24 janeta-marie siri

janeta-marie siri
  • Islander
  • 4,932 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 11:04 PM

You're doing an excellent job :)
The golden Trancer

#25 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 11:10 PM

Thank ya, Janeta!

#26 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 11:24 PM

PS, Janeta, you need to edit out your sigs... thanks!

#27 janeta-marie siri

janeta-marie siri
  • Islander
  • 4,932 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 11:28 PM

*hits head on wall*

The golden Trancer

#28 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 11:55 PM

Psyche, you're doing a great job in your first GM job!!

Puts on mod hat that she rarely gets to wear :wink:. Please, everyone, listen to your GM!!  She is in charge and the RP is her thread......!  I went through and took out the sigs in the posts that had them, just to make it look neat and clean.  If you're having problems remembering to unclick the box, it'll start coming naturally once you get used to it.  Just check your post after you've posted and check for the sig!  If it's there, edit it out right away :D!!!

Happy RPing all!

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 06 March 2005 - 11:56 PM.

#29 szhismine

szhismine

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 01:22 PM

*is seething*

okay i doubt there's anuy point in talking to mikoto here because s/he's OBVIOUSLY NOT FOLLOWING THE GAME. :glare: i don't really blame him/her for stealing my character's actions because Joanne was supposed to meet up with Empress, which janeta and i planned, and s/he didn't know about it. but that doesn't matter because S/HE SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE IT ANYWAY! :glare:

and janeta... wtf? why did you go along with it?
Hermione: "He doesn't mean it Neville, he's just testing out some wizard swears."
Harry: "I mean every word I ever say ever, because I'm Harry Potter." --'Wizard Swears', Potter Puppet Pals

Harry: "My parents are dead, my life sucks, I can't hold down a girlfriend, and I'm surrounded by f*ck*ng goblins and sh*t all the time. I mean what the f*ck?"
Ron: "But it's magic Harry. The goblins are magical!" --'Wizard Angst', Potter Puppet Pals

Me: "It's just a matter of looking past [McKay's] arrogant exterior to see his warm, fuzzy, probably angst-filled interior."
Hawkeye: "You harperchondriac girls think everyone has an angst filled interior."

"Good gods, you sniff out angst like a police dog sniffs out drugs." --Lyric (to me)

#30 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 03:19 PM

Okay, looks like I inadvertantly caused some offence here, perhaps I am a little out of practise with my Role playing.  :crazy:

Well, I'll declare right away it was not my intention to cause offence, I was simply playing how I have played for over two years of Andromeda role playing both on the old Slipstream and here.

Now... where do I start?

Okay lets start with your in-game comments szhismine.

Firstly I did read your posts as I read all posts before making my own to determine the situation I'm about to put my character in. I don't like your accusation that I did not but I will let it pass because I'm not looking for a fight.

Secondly I wasn't "following" anyone, but having Grianne follow what we had planned earlier in that she would take Shada to the abandoned corridors to wait out the Dragan lockdown. This was for the sole purpose of meeting with the other characters to get this game rolling.

It was simply a matter of Grianne and Shada turning up at the right place at the right time seemingly by chance.

As it was, I haven't posted for the last couple of days because my internet connection broke and therefore missed other opportunities to integrate with the other characters. I simply picked this one as an opportunity.

Thirdly I have not "stolen" anything. Your character has not been rendered unconscious therefore you are still free to post whatever you wish. Frankly I would appreciate a more specific explanation of why you consider my actions "stealing".

Fourthly I still see no reason to edit unless I am truly at fault in a way I haven't seen and in which case I'd ask that the Mods or GM to tell me and explain what it was that I did.

Now then onto your post here in the OOC thread...

Well okay I am female in both my character and real life.

Yet another accusation that I'm not following the game again but as I said I'm going to let that pass.

Ah, finally your outbursts make some sense to me. You planned a character interaction with Janeta's character and it didn't turn out exactly as you intended because I emerged on the scene and changed things.

Well okay yes it is annoying when you plan something with another player and then another comes along and inadervtantly changes things; I have had it happen to me a number of times. Forgive me for being blunt but...

These things happen to everybody. Deal with it. Nearly everything can be worked around without exploding into a temper.

And finally on a closing note, you have my apologies for offending you szhismine.

Psyche, Nikki or Shalamar please PM me if you feel I have been out of order or have broken one of the rules.
Rejected and gone.

#31 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 03:55 PM

Deep breaths, RPers……..deep breaths!!  ;)

First, it seems to me that modding RP is a bit different than the other forums in that, while reading the threads, the mods are mostly looking for offensive language and trollish behavior more so than *what* people are posting as far as the story goes.  That is up to the GM, in this case Psyche, to decide what stays and what goes……and if the players don’t agree to abide by her decisions, then the mods can step in and edit where necessary…..at the request of the GM.

In the case of this thread, I’d like to kindly suggest a bit more calmness in posting to each other.  An RP becomes like a family in many ways, and it creates better feelings all around if we can approach each other calmly when there are issues or PM the game master before accusing others of ‘wrong doing’.  Seriously……..I have had issues with players in games, and I find it’s much better to just let the RP flow while discussing it ‘behind the scenes’ so to speak with the GM and the other player.  Plus that way, you can talk privately and understand what went on…..usually there was no harm intended, mistakes and the like do happen in the games.   Usually the players even decide to just edit on their own once they see what's going on, if approached in a reasonable manner.

There are several ‘veteran’ players in the RP and many first-time or so players in this game—that is going to lead to a few bumps along the way as the more experienced players jump right in while the newer players learn along the way.  At this point I’m not going to ask Mikoto to edit her post in the game simply because I don’t know what Psyche wants to do yet regarding the action.  It’s true that things sometimes don’t go as planned—it’s happened many times to all of us—but most things can be fixed by just altering the plan a bit.  

szhismine, you and janeta can still go through with your plan…….but I do have to ask that you post a bit calmer in the discussion thread just for the sake of keeping the game a fun place to play.  I know you’ve been playing in RPs for awhile now and have seen things that don’t work out now and then.  

Anyway, RPers, things will smooth out as the game goes on.  Communicate with each other positively and as friends….everyone in the game wants this to be the best game possible, I’m sure, so no one will be out to disrupt things….and talk to your GM, too, if you have problems.  If she feels she wants me or Shal to step in, then she'll let us know!  Otherwise, just follow her guidance. :)

#32 szhismine

szhismine

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 03:58 PM

mikoto-- well, i thank you for your apology at any rate. ;)

and sorry if my way of "dealing with it" is by losing my temper and going off on an accusation hunt, but my loss of temper was justified, and i haven't been in a good mood lately. sorry for taking it out on you, i'll try to be less of a short fuse in the future.

Edited by szhismine, 07 March 2005 - 03:59 PM.

#33 szhismine

szhismine

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 04:01 PM

and thanks for the advice nikki. :hugs:

#34 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 04:21 PM

You know, having thought about it and delving through memories I thought long since forgotten I do seem to remember losing my temper myself once or twice over something like this when I was new.  :blush:

(I wonder if anyone but me even remembers those days?)

Anyways, hmm despite the fact I waited for a good ten minutes before responding to szhismine's posts it still came off a bit sharply. *Pokes herself and reminds herself to be more diplomatic in future.*

And thanks Nikki, it doesn't hurt to be reminded of things from time to time.

Guess we'll have to see how Psyche wants to do this.
Rejected and gone.

#35 janeta-marie siri

janeta-marie siri
  • Islander
  • 4,932 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 07:05 PM

szhismine, Mikoto, Now that its solved, You should hug each other :D

Just to show that you're still friends :)
The golden Trancer

#36 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 10:24 PM

Wow, I so cannot afford to get sick anymore!

Anyway, I haven't read the RP thread yet, but:

Thank you Nikki. You're my hero.

And there was a plan for Janeta and SZH's charries to meet... I'll look at the RP thread and see if Mikoto needs to edit.

And apparently GCross has gotten fed up and quit. So I'm trying to find a way to write her out as smoothly as possible.

#37 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 10:37 PM

Alright after reading the posts, I see no reason for SZH or Mikoto to edit... it works just fine... SZH if you want your line we can work it in later!

Anyway, about the Abyss... frankly, the Abyss was a bad move on the part of whoever thought it up.

Thus, I don't want the Abyss to be controlling what happens in the RP, in the RP. So Janeta, Mikoto, its fine that your charries have heard of the Abyss, please leave it at that. Cyuz you know, I hate the Abyss as a plot. And I'm the GM :cool:

#38 janeta-marie siri

janeta-marie siri
  • Islander
  • 4,932 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 11:05 PM

Alright :)
The golden Trancer

#39 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 11:20 PM

Thank you for cooperating... *relieved*

#40 szhismine

szhismine

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 04:24 PM

lol. :D

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users