• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#41 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,191 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 03:10 PM

Well, I haven't heard back from LoP on my history yet, so I figured I'll post it here for your perusal. :)

Name: Col. Romulus Lowry a.k.a. “Rommie”

Hair: Dark Brown, Military Cut

Affiliation: Roman Empire (Warrior Caste)

Ethnicity: 43% Human, 35% Nietzschean, 22% Unknown

Height: 6’4” Weight: 220 lbs

Scars/Birthmarks/Etc: Cross-Shape scar across left cheek. Tissue scarring across neck.

Profession: Colonel in Roman Imperial Forces, Tactical Division, Advisor to High Command.

Known Skills: Remarkable Slip-Fighter Pilot, and skilled with the Force Lance. Has recently shown skills with katana-swords.

Relatives: None known.

Known History:
Dr. Romulus Lowry started out life simple enough, on the planet Moiya, as a revolutionary against the Nietzschean Occupation on the far end of the galaxy. He and his wife Victoria, developed a process to “Cheat Death”. Essentially transferring the neural consciousness of a human, into an Android body. The process worked, and the two were both transferred into android bodies. To cheat death, and to be with each other forever. Along with his wife, they also worked on a weapon to use against the Nietzscheans. A wormhole weapon, that would send the Nietzschean Battleships great distances across the galaxy, so as never to be heard from again. The only problem was, that during the initial testing phase against a Nietzschean Battle Group, Rommie also got swept up into the wormhole.

Rommie was swept away, and his next conscious memory was waking up on Mendocino Drift. He had no memory of who he was, or where he came from. All he had, was a pendant around his neck of a dragon clutching a yin-yang symbol, with the name “Romulus”. After discovering that he was what they called an “Avatar”, even diagnostics could not find his memory problem. He befriended the people of Mendocino Drift, eventually taking on the job as a teacher. It was here on Mendocino, where he received his Force Lance from one of the Elders. He treated Rommie as though he were his son, and since there was no-one left to pass it on to, he passed it down to Rommie. An original High-Guard Issue forcelance, from before the fall of the Commonwealth.

After spending several years at Mendocino, the Drift was raided by a group called The Praetorians. An offshoot of the Romans, the Praetorians were made up exclusively of avatars. They enslaved those who cooperated, and slaughtered those who would not. Remus, the leader of the Praetorians, saw potential in Rommie, and gave him the choice to either join them or be destroyed. Thinking he could perhaps help the people of Mendocino from the inside, he chose to join them, albeit reluctantly. During this time, he was trained to be a part of their slipfighter forces, as well as tending to the slaves. Rommie chose leniency over harshness, and was punished severely many times for it.

After a year of ‘service’ to the Praetorians, Rommie came upon the Romans. Emperor FMD and Commander Aurelius to be precise. They liberated him, as well as a few of the slaves from the Praetorians on a remote planet, bringing them back to the homeworld of the Roman Empire. The avatar to the Hand of the Goddess, Charli, took a liking to Rommie and soon he was accepted into the Imperial Forces. It wasn’t until the wedding of FMD, that Rommie showed his true skills and loyalty, as the Praetorians attacked. Rommie led a squadron of slipfighters during the battle, and helped to destroy several cruisers. It was thought that this battle had ended the Praetorian threat, but they would surface again in the coming years, several times.

Afterwards, Rommie was given the rank of Major, and command of Zeta Squadron. One of the Empires elite slipfighter squadrons. His slipfighter was unique, in that it had it’s own AI. A Praetorian model, that has been said to resemble the image of Her Goddess Andromeda. Her designation was “Lexa”, and her emotional responses were often comical, and always sincere.

Zeta Squadron’s first mission was the investigation of the kidnapping of Senar, the Tyrant Ambassador to the Roman Empire. With the help of other ships within the Empire, as well as those from the Trancers, Zeta Squadron was able to track down Senar, and rescue her from an, until then, unknown pride known as Phoenix.

Rommie infiltrated the Phoenix homeworld Onnophris, and was able to rescue Senar from the clutches of her evil brother Marius. With Senar as the rightful head of the Phoenix Pride, the Romans and the Tyrants gained a new ally. Rommie, his squadron, and those responsible for helping in the operation, were given the highest honor of the Phoenix Pride in the Isis Pin, and Rommie was also awarded the Eye of Horus. The squadron’s slipfighters were also upgraded with Ablative Armored Hulls, and the latest sensor and weapons packages.

Time went by, and so did Zeta Squadron’s missions. Rommie was promoted over time to the rank of Colonel, and various Squadron members also earned promotions. On a routine patrol, an eerily familiar phenomenon swallowed up Zeta Squadron, transporting them to previously uncharted territories by the Roman Empire. They were tractored to a planet, and Romulus encountered a woman named Victoria Lowry, who claimed to be his wife.

Through revolutionary repair techniques, Rommie regains his lost memory, and remembers his life before being found on Mendocino Drift. His life as a revolutionary, a scientist, and his life with Victoria. Through treachery by Victoria’s assistant, Zeta Squadron is transported back, leaving Rommie behind with Victoria. After convincing though, Victoria returns with Rommie to the Empire, only to find that Zeta Squadron never returned.

Over time, Rommie had tried to find the whereabouts of Zeta Squadron, to no avail. Changes in the hierarchy, as well as political structure also frustrated Rommie. During a battle, Victoria’s android body was damaged beyond repair. With a technology that Rommie developed, he took Victoria back to Moiya, in hopes of being able to repair her body. Or at the very least, return her consciousness to a human clone of her original DNA. When they arrived at Moiya, they found the facility virtually destroyed by Nietzscheans. Even in the underground facility, where their DNA was stored, Victoria’s was so degraded, that they couldn’t even reconstruct a finger. Victoria died in Rommie’s arms on the planet where they began.

Upon further investigation, Rommie’s DNA was intact and still usable. Not wanting to live forever without Victoria, he set up the procedure to transfer his neural consciousness into a clone, returning him to mortality. The procedure worked, with some unexpected side-effects. He emerged from the cloning chamber with bonespurs on his forearms. During the attack, some Nietzschean DNA must have gotten mixed in with his, causing this to happen. He destroyed the facility with his avatar and Victoria’s, vowing to never again set foot on this planet.

When he returned to the Empire, he requested a reassignment. He was assigned diplomatic duties at a backwater drift on the edge of the galaxy, representing the Empire in trade disputes and colonization rights. He disappeared from his post six months after taking the position. He was gone for five years before reappearing at the steps of the Roman High Command. His medical scans revealed inconclusive evidence that his DNA had been altered somehow. Aside from a cross-faced scar across his cheek, some tissue damage across his neck, and a newly adorned katana blade at his side, Rommie seemed to have returned with the same determination that he had shown in his early days with the Empire. But to this day, he will not speak of what took place during his long absence.

His current, and reinstated assignment, is to track down and locate the whereabouts of Zeta Squadron.
Posted Image

#42 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 05:48 PM

So Rommie was not part of the Roman combat drop on the old Trancer compound? I remember it was a bloody mess or bothsides. (This goes back to the OLD joined Story)
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#43 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,191 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 11:29 PM

Nope, I think that was before my time. The only time I know that I interacted with a Trancer, was when Josh partook in The Search for Senar story. But I did know that there had been previous crossovers.

Rommie :cylon:
Posted Image

#44 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,191 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 09:38 PM

Well, I never got word back from LoP on my history, and it doesn't look like things are happening anyway. I'm taking a break starting Tuesday. I'll be gone for a few days........don't know how long.

We'll see what happens, eh?

Posted Image

#45 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 11:13 PM

Well Rommie LOP is dealing with being without net access at home. And also that new med might have taken a lot out of him.

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

#46 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 06:55 AM

Rommie, I am sure LoP will reply as soon as he gets to work (like G says he has no net access at home). We're not doing much with the rp until LoP is feeling more like his old self. Either myself or LoP will let you know as soon as we are back up and running. Thanks for posting your profile, it made very interesting reading and I look forward to you joining the RP when you get back from your break :)

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#47 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,191 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 09:06 AM

Well, I was going to take this break anyway. I have not been getting any sleep lately, and my body is suffering because of it. So I'm going to be in bed, or just plain relaxing during that time. I need to concentrate on 'me' for a while.

I'll be back................I just don't know when.

Rommie
Posted Image

#48 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 02:18 PM

How well known is the fact that the people are slaves?

TANSTAAFL

#49 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 02:21 PM

G1223, on Mar 21 2005, 11:18 AM, said:

How well known is the fact that the people are slaves?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anyone that has dealings with the planet knows they people are slaves. (just like Earth). Most are directed to the nice quiet city so few (except the locals) know about the abuse.

#50 Anakam

Anakam

Way Star

• Islander
  • 13,862 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 03:32 AM

I haven't forgotten--just, ahem, coordinating with someone else :p and I also need to read the thread so I have some idea what's going on. :)
Sailing free, boundless glimmer, golden whispers, fiery poise, delicate balance, grave and true, bound by earth, feared horizons, courageous steps unknown, shimmering future hidden yet unveiled....

I think you're the first female cast member to *insist* on playing a guy ;) - Iolanthe, on my cross-casting obsession.

This royal throne of kings, this scepter'd isle, this earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, this other Eden, demi-paradise, this fortress built by Nature for herself... - John of Gaunt, Act II, Scene I, Richard II

"I think perhaps that was a sub-optimal phrasing for the maintenance of harmony within the collective." - Omega, here

"Courtesy is how we got civilized. The blind assertion of rights is what threatens to decivilize us. Everybody's got lots of rights that are set out legally. Responsibilities are not enumerated, for good reason, but they are set into the social fabric. Is it such a sacrifice to not be an a**hole?" - Jenny Smith on Usenet, via Jid, via Kathy

#51 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 08:40 AM

^ I've said it once, I'll say it again - you and the other person are slackers :p~

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#52 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,191 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 10:43 PM

My sabbatical ended abruptly. So I'm good to go whenever the next game starts.

Rommie
Posted Image

#53 Anakam

Anakam

Way Star

• Islander
  • 13,862 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 01:11 AM

Raeven, on Mar 23 2005, 01:40 PM, said:

^ I've said it once, I'll say it again - you and the other person are slackers :p~

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You've only said it once? ;) :p
Sailing free, boundless glimmer, golden whispers, fiery poise, delicate balance, grave and true, bound by earth, feared horizons, courageous steps unknown, shimmering future hidden yet unveiled....

I think you're the first female cast member to *insist* on playing a guy ;) - Iolanthe, on my cross-casting obsession.

This royal throne of kings, this scepter'd isle, this earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, this other Eden, demi-paradise, this fortress built by Nature for herself... - John of Gaunt, Act II, Scene I, Richard II

"I think perhaps that was a sub-optimal phrasing for the maintenance of harmony within the collective." - Omega, here

"Courtesy is how we got civilized. The blind assertion of rights is what threatens to decivilize us. Everybody's got lots of rights that are set out legally. Responsibilities are not enumerated, for good reason, but they are set into the social fabric. Is it such a sacrifice to not be an a**hole?" - Jenny Smith on Usenet, via Jid, via Kathy

#54 Anakam

Anakam

Way Star

• Islander
  • 13,862 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 09:41 PM

I'm not interacting with anyone yet, okay, just posting. :p

#55 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 05:29 AM

welcome back ;)

#56 Josh

Josh

He stares...

• Islander
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 07:38 AM

RommieSG, on Mar 19 2005, 08:29 PM, said:

Nope, I think that was before my time. The only time I know that I interacted with a Trancer, was when Josh partook in The Search for Senar story. But I did know that there had been previous crossovers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Er... we interacted? Huh... I don't recall, although the RP title sounds familiar...

I'm massively and hilariously behind on the RP but I MIGHT be joining you guys when it starts up again. I'm going to need a history lesson though. ;)
"THE UNICORNS ARE NOT TO BE TRIFLED WITH!" - John Burke.

#57 Anakam

Anakam

Way Star

• Islander
  • 13,862 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 09:37 AM

^
Hey there, Cap'n Josh.... ;) :devil:

And I'm pretty behind too... I just figure that posting once is an incentive to read up on at least the rest thread, since it pretty much commits me to posting for real. :p

#58 Josh

Josh

He stares...

• Islander
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 06:51 PM

The last thing I remember is a Magog invasion. ;)
"THE UNICORNS ARE NOT TO BE TRIFLED WITH!" - John Burke.

#59 Anakam

Anakam

Way Star

• Islander
  • 13,862 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 09:24 PM

We're a wee bit past that. ;)  Romilly was killed in a Klingon attack on some random planet... thing..... :wacko:

I'm just going to read the rest thread, though, unless Rae or LoP sees a need for me to read the previous game. :D

#60 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 05:29 AM

^ no, just the current game will do :D

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users