Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Killer Sandwich From Burger King

Health Diet Burger King

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#21 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big.

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 05:28 PM

LadyDragonD2, on Mar 29 2005, 04:45 PM, said:

There is a place in the south that specializes in different types of burgers...and what you are talking about (maybe) is a burger on 2 Crispy Creme donuts and deeped fried,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Donut hamburgers?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

:eek2:  :eek4:  :eek:  :eek4:  :eek2:  :eek:  :eek4:

(Saul faints)

Edited by Digital Man, 29 March 2005 - 05:30 PM.

Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#22 Cheile

Cheile

proud J/Cer ~ ten years and counting

• Islander
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 08:22 PM

donut hamburgers?? EW

Posted Image

"Andromeda may be over but it's not dead. Not as long as we have fanfic writers dedicated to keeping it alive.  Whether you accept everything as canon or stop at a certain point. Whether you accept and enjoy Nu Drom or only accept Classic Drom, it will never be over.  Not as long as we have each other [and Beka], who binds us all together." ~ Mary Rose

Twitter * Facebook * ExIsle at Facebook

icon by mercscilla @ LJ

#23 Delvo

Delvo
  • Islander
  • 9,273 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 09:57 PM

I once knew a place that sold hamburgers with, among other things, peanut butter on them...

#24 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 10:01 PM

Donut hamburgers?  :eek2:  Gross!  Peanut butter hamburgers?  :whatsthat:  Could be interesting.  :hehe:

Nonny
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#25 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 10:15 PM

I'm still LMAO at a response from someone at another board where I posted this:

I'll have to order a side order of Lipitor and some Tums to go with that beast.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Edited by Digital Man, 29 March 2005 - 10:16 PM.

Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#26 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 10:26 PM

Delvo, on Mar 29 2005, 09:57 PM, said:

I once knew a place that sold hamburgers with, among other things, peanut butter on them...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Peanut butter, actually, might not be that bad! Usually, I throw hot sauce on mine-and I'm talking about the stuff that SCALDS. Understand I am a BIG wasabi fan.  :D

It's been a while since I put wasabi on a burger, but I remember that being heaven.   :drool:

I need to hit an Indian restaurant again. It's been too long. :(

I do remember someone telling me about having peanut butter with spaghetti.  :wow:
Posted Image

#27 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 10:30 PM

Cheile, on Mar 29 2005, 08:22 PM, said:

donut hamburgers?? EW

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What I want to know is how you open your mouth wide enough to BITE into one?!

:eek4:
Posted Image

#28 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,300 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 11:11 PM

Disclaimer: I don't eat red meat at all.  So I'm probably not much qualified to comment in this thread.  However, where there are hamburgers, there are frequently turkey burgers mimicking the trends... so...

Manic, on Mar 28 2005, 04:17 PM, said:

The sandwich has one sausage patty, two eggs, two American cheese slices and three strips of bacon.
Wow. The bacon is just really pushing it. I mean, a whole 3 slices? Two would've been fine, but 3? They're trying to kill us!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First: HI Manic! Welcome to the Isle. Second: That's THREE meats. UGH.  Why do you need bacon AND sausage?  Truthfully, that seems like overload. How can you even taste all of that???

Steven_Q, on Mar 28 2005, 05:28 PM, said:

i'm not sure if this is worse or something a friend was telling me about, about shoving a burger between two glaced donuts.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No... I'm pretty sure the glazed donut burger is worse. :barf:

Cheile, on Mar 29 2005, 08:22 PM, said:

donut hamburgers?? EW

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My sentiments, understated!

Digital Man, on Mar 29 2005, 10:26 PM, said:

Delvo, on Mar 29 2005, 09:57 PM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Peanut butter, actually, might not be that bad! Usually, I throw hot sauce on mine-and I'm talking about the stuff that SCALDS. Understand I am a BIG wasabi fan.  :D
Peanut butter on burgers. :barf:  OF course, I hate peanut butter in the first place.

Wasabi on burgers.... :drool:

It's been a while since I put wasabi on a burger, but I remember that being heaven.   :drool:

I bet! :)

I do remember someone telling me about having peanut butter with spaghetti.  :wow:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cardassian Yamok sauce goes well with spaghetti.  It is made with tahini, teriyaki sauce and soy sauce. (From the Star Trek cookbook) That's as close as I can get to stomaching the idea of peanut butter with spaghetti...

HM07

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#29 NeuralClone

NeuralClone
  • Islander
  • 23,092 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 12:49 AM

HOLY $@%#! :eek4:
"My sexuality's not the most interesting thing about me."
— Cosima Niehaus, Orphan Black, "Governed By Sound Reason and True Religion"

#30 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 12:54 AM

Man, I thought from the title of this thread a sandwhich had actually attacked a patron...LOL  ;)  :p
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#31 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 12:55 AM

you know, it is so freaking awesome to finally find some other fans of wasabi.

:cool:

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#32 Jazzer

Jazzer

Here I am

• Islander
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 01:26 AM

Elara, on Mar 28 2005, 12:52 PM, said:

I say feed them to the ones in charge of BK's new commercials. Just when I thought commercials couldn't get any worse. :wacko:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't like their latest commercials.  The one with the bacon cheddar ranch? sandwich looks like a combination re-run of the old show "Hee Haw" and "The Dukes of Hazard" with maybe a touch of "The Beverly Hillbillies" thrown in.  I hate that commercial.  It makes absolutely no sense.   :wacko:  

Speaking of gross combinations, I had friend who went on the Atkins diet a few years ago.  She would use bacon grease for salad dressing.  Something about that was sooooo unappealing to me.   :barf:

I don't eat pizza very often, but if I do, my favorite combination is regular (not Italian) saugage, pepperoni, canadian bacon, regular (breakfast bacon), and hamburger, with Alfredo sauce substituted for tomato sauce.  As far as the ingredients go, there's only a little of each one, since there's 5 in all.  I just like that particular combination of meat flavors on a pizza.   :D
Unanswered questions aren't nearly as dangerous as unquestioned answers.

#33 Smiley

Smiley

harumph

• Islander
  • 937 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:07 AM

Delvo, on Mar 29 2005, 08:57 PM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My dad would eat leftover hamburgers cold with peanutbutter on them...for breakfast. I haven't tried it yet, but I know someday I will.

As for wasabi, one of the best things you can do it find someone who doesn't know what it is and tell them it is sweet. Then try to hide your snickering as they place a big ol' glob in their mouth. Muhahahahaha.   :devil:
Friends are just enemies that don't have the guts to kill you.
See Ya Space Cowboy

#34 eloisel

eloisel

Non-sequitur

• Islander
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:11 AM

Peanut butter and mashed bananas sandwich ...

sausage crumbled in gravy over big flaky biscuits ...

canadian bacon and pineapple pizza ...

double meat, double cheese, bacon, lettuce and tomato hamburger with extra ketchup ...

I'm starving now and it is only a little after 8 a.m.

#35 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:14 AM

Vicious Maggot, on Mar 30 2005, 03:07 PM, said:

As for wasabi, one of the best things you can do it find someone who doesn't know what it is and tell them it is sweet. Then try to hide your snickering as they place a big ol' glob in their mouth. Muhahahahaha.   :devil:

that's evil. I like it.

In fact, as my SCA character is Japanese, I could bring some to the next event and convince the cooks to use it as a dip :devil:

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#36 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:16 AM

Steven_Q, on Mar 29 2005, 09:55 PM, said:

you know, it is so freaking awesome to finally find some other fans of wasabi.

:cool:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me!  Me!  I love wasabi!  My years in Japan were well spent.  :hehe:  :hehe:  :hehe:

Nonny
Posted Image

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#37 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:20 AM

Jazzergold, on Mar 29 2005, 10:26 PM, said:

Speaking of gross combinations, I had friend who went on the Atkins diet a few years ago.  She would use bacon grease for salad dressing.  Something about that was sooooo unappealing to me.   :barf:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well now, when you put it that way, it does sound unappealing, but when you fry up bacon and use a bit of the grease to toss fresh spinach, then crumble the bacon into the wilted spinach salad, it's pretty tasty.  :p  No need to add salt, plenty there already.  ;)  

Nonny
Posted Image

#38 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 03:28 PM

Steven_Q, on Mar 30 2005, 09:14 AM, said:

Vicious Maggot, on Mar 30 2005, 03:07 PM, said:

As for wasabi, one of the best things you can do it find someone who doesn't know what it is and tell them it is sweet. Then try to hide your snickering as they place a big ol' glob in their mouth. Muhahahahaha.   :devil:

that's evil. I like it.

In fact, as my SCA character is Japanese, I could bring some to the next event and convince the cooks to use it as a dip :devil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wasabi's better than Novacaine. That is-after you've burned away your nerve endings!  :hehe:

Actually, wasabi as a dip could kick SERIOUS butt!! I was addicted enough to wasabi to put it on pizza, meatballs, rice and beans-and just about ANY sandwich. It's great in soup, too!

Hmm-I'd like to actually try mixing some with cream cheese, and putting it on a bagel... :drool:

(Saul makes note to stop at a Japanese food store in New York to buy a tube of wasabi)

:wideeyed:
Posted Image

#39 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 03:30 PM

LORD of the SWORD, on Mar 30 2005, 12:54 AM, said:

Man, I thought from the title of this thread a sandwhich had actually attacked a patron...LOL  ;)  :p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, in a sense, it has.

From the INSIDE.

:p~
Posted Image

#40 Kosh

Kosh

Criag Ferguson For President!

• Islander
  • 11,143 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 03:38 PM

Vicious Maggot, on Mar 30 2005, 10:07 AM, said:

Delvo, on Mar 29 2005, 08:57 PM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My dad would eat leftover hamburgers cold with peanutbutter on them...for breakfast. I haven't tried it yet, but I know someday I will.

As for wasabi, one of the best things you can do it find someone who doesn't know what it is and tell them it is sweet. Then try to hide your snickering as they place a big ol' glob in their mouth. Muhahahahaha.   :devil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A friend gave me some wasabi coved nuts. I love hot food, I have yet to find a hot sause that I can't handle, but I spit out the peanut. I suddenly couldn't breath.
Can't Touch This!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Health, Diet, Burger King

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users