Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Killer Sandwich From Burger King

Health Diet Burger King

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#41 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big.

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 03:41 PM

Nonny, on Mar 30 2005, 09:16 AM, said:

Steven_Q, on Mar 29 2005, 09:55 PM, said:

you know, it is so freaking awesome to finally find some other fans of wasabi.

:cool:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me!  Me!  I love wasabi!  My years in Japan were well spent.  :hehe:  :hehe:  :hehe:

Nonny

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi-my name is Saul, and I'm a wasabi addict. :p~  :wideeyed: :p~

I REALLY want to try Indian food again.  :wideeyed: Indian food is basically like Puerto Rican food, only MUCH spicier. Puerto Rican food is a lot of rice and beans-mostly red beans-served with beef, and sometimes, steak. I'm a fan of the black bean, though.  :cool:

Anyway-at this one Indian restaurant  that had curried beef and rice, with green sauce. Now for those new to hot sauces: Green usually means H-O-T!!!! Every green hot sauce I've had so far is SCALDING. Newbies beware. You have to start small and S-L-O-W-L-Y build up your tolerance.

At this time, my tolerance was pretty darn high-but this was the time I overdid it. I had a forkful of rice with green hot sauce, and then I made the mistake of biting into a hot pepper!

:hehe:  :eek4:  :hehe:

I was SOOOOOO tempted to go for the ice tea. My friends dared me to drink it. (I was with some other spicy food buffs). I held out. The fire in my mouth eventually faded into a hot numbness. I couldn't taste any of the food afterwords!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  My mouth was that way for a good 15-20 minutes.

:)

Edited by Digital Man, 30 March 2005 - 03:44 PM.

Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#42 prolog

prolog

The Merry Programmer

• Islander
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 03:44 PM

Steven_Q, on Mar 28 2005, 09:10 PM, said:

love the counterculture that's developing here. In a world with an insane drive for fitness, there seem to be a number of places and people who thrive on eating the most unhealthy things in the world.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I go to the gym and run enough that the odd edible incarnation of evil won't hurt. ;)

#43 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 03:49 PM

A hot sauce recommendation:

El Yucateo Hot Sauce-Salsa Picante De Chile Hanbanero.  Basically, it has green habanero pepper. It KICKS BUTT!! :drool:
Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#44 Anastashia

Anastashia

Tyrant Matriarch and Pegan Too!

• Islander
  • 11,777 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 04:04 PM

No hot stuff for me, never liked it. I do go to ethnic restaurants that specialize in cuisine that can be hot but I've found they usually have a mild option. I find those quite tasty usually.

But Saul, since you like hot I would think the wasabi with cream cheese on bagel idea might be quite tasty.
The Science Fiction Examiner

In the quiet of Midden a young child grows.
Does the salvation of his people grow with him?
"Everything we do now is for the child"

"I made a mistake,
just follow along,
isn't that what tyranny is all about?"
Sheila M---my Praise Band Director

For as long as I shall live
I will testify to love
I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough
Testify to Love

Posted Image

#45 LadyDragonD2

LadyDragonD2

Queen and Protector Of My Own Domain

• Islander
  • 133 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 04:19 PM

Hmm-I'd like to actually try mixing some with cream cheese, and putting it on a bagel...

Nonny, did you say you lived in Japan? If so, then this comment is for Saul, I saw on the News sometime ago where someone had made wasbi ice cream and if wasn't Japan then sorry...but it has been done (I hate it when my memory fails...sorry :( )

Edited by LadyDragonD2, 30 March 2005 - 04:22 PM.

The Power of One!Posted Image

Keeper of Jarod's Spirit
Keeper of Sydney's past
Keeper of Broot's Computer Skills

#46 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 06:19 PM

LadyDragonD2, on Mar 30 2005, 04:19 PM, said:

Hmm-I'd like to actually try mixing some with cream cheese, and putting it on a bagel...

Nonny, did you say you lived in Japan? If so, then this comment is for Saul, I saw on the News sometime ago where someone had made wasbi ice cream and if wasn't Japan then sorry...but it has been done (I hate it when my memory fails...sorry :( )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I draw the line at sweets, though, but I'd try almost anything once.   :lol:  In terms of Japanese dessert, I like red bean. Red bean ice cream, red bean shakes, cakes with red bean in them-YUM! :drool:

Edited by Digital Man, 30 March 2005 - 06:20 PM.

Posted Image

#47 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 06:23 PM

Anastashia, on Mar 30 2005, 04:04 PM, said:

No hot stuff for me, never liked it. I do go to ethnic restaurants that specialize in cuisine that can be hot but I've found they usually have a mild option. I find those quite tasty usually.

But Saul, since you like hot I would think the wasabi with cream cheese on bagel idea might be quite tasty.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D

Toasted garlic bagel with smoked salmon cream cheese, and some wasabi mixed into the cheese.  Wash it down with a side order of beef bullion, with some red bean ice cream for dessert to finish it off.

:drool:
Posted Image

#48 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 06:42 PM

Kosh, on Mar 30 2005, 03:38 PM, said:

Vicious Maggot, on Mar 30 2005, 10:07 AM, said:

Delvo, on Mar 29 2005, 08:57 PM, said:

I once knew a place that sold hamburgers with, among other things, peanut butter on them...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My dad would eat leftover hamburgers cold with peanutbutter on them...for breakfast. I haven't tried it yet, but I know someday I will.

As for wasabi, one of the best things you can do it find someone who doesn't know what it is and tell them it is sweet. Then try to hide your snickering as they place a big ol' glob in their mouth. Muhahahahaha.   :devil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A friend gave me some wasabi coved nuts. I love hot food, I have yet to find a hot sause that I can't handle, but I spit out the peanut. I suddenly couldn't breath.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In Japanese supermarkets you can buy wasabi-coated green peas in a bag which you can munch on as a snack!  :D  I haven't had those in a while, but I used to pig out on them!

:drool:  :wideeyed: :drool:
Posted Image

#49 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 08:17 PM

Digital Man, on Mar 30 2005, 03:49 PM, said:

A hot sauce recommendation:

El Yucateo Hot Sauce-Salsa Picante De Chile Hanbanero.  Basically, it has green habanero pepper. It KICKS BUTT!! :drool:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can hear the kidney stones forming just be reading that. :eek2:
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#50 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:54 PM

^

Moderation, Tardis Boy. Everything in moderation.

:p
Posted Image

#51 DWF

DWF

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:55 PM

Digital Man, on Mar 30 2005, 09:54 PM, said:

^

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah like you pratice moderation.  :D  :p
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#52 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 10:04 PM

DWF, on Mar 30 2005, 09:55 PM, said:

Digital Man, on Mar 30 2005, 09:54 PM, said:

^

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah like you pratice moderation.  :D  :p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, I do!  :)  I have periods where I eat hot stuff. Sometimes it gets boring, and I like variety. I haven't had wasabi in a LONG time-but I love it. The same goes for those wasabi-covered green peas, which are VERY good. :thumbs-up:

The green sauce I referred to is not QUITE as strong as wasabi, but you do have to be careful with it and not get carried away. There is a brown hot sauce put out by this same company, which is is quite a few steps above this one. That sauce you have to be REALLY careful with. Why? Let's just say you'll feel the burn coming out of your aft regions too, if you're not careful.   :blush:

:hehe:
Posted Image

#53 DWF

DWF

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 10:08 PM

^^^^LOL!!! :lol:  I think I'll pass on that. :D

#54 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 10:11 PM

DWF, on Mar 30 2005, 10:08 PM, said:

^^^^LOL!!! :lol:  I think I'll pass on that. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep-and that stuff WILL pass through you. :p

Who needs Roto Rooter??

:p~  :devil: :p~
Posted Image

#55 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,292 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 10:12 PM

Minor vent coming up:

Recently, my McDonalds (and others?) dropped their super-size (or whatever the size about large is) drinks and fries, complete with newspaper articles about how they were cutting back because of health concerns blah blah blah.

I could care less about the fries, but I *really* miss the super-size drinks.  Diet Coke is my caffeine-of-choice, and one of those suckers lasted me until lunch.

And then, to add insult to injury, I'm driving through this morning for my wussy little "large" drink, and what do they have on the wall but some poster for this obscene-looking triple cheeseburger thing that made my arteries clog up just looking at it.  If they can sell this garbage, they can sell me a giant diet coke, darn it!  :)
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#56 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 10:17 PM

Niko, on Mar 30 2005, 10:12 PM, said:

Minor vent coming up:

Recently, my McDonalds (and others?) dropped their super-size (or whatever the size about large is) drinks and fries, complete with newspaper articles about how they were cutting back because of health concerns blah blah blah.

I could care less about the fries, but I *really* miss the super-size drinks.  Diet Coke is my caffeine-of-choice, and one of those suckers lasted me until lunch.

And then, to add insult to injury, I'm driving through this morning for my wussy little "large" drink, and what do they have on the wall but some poster for this obscene-looking triple cheeseburger thing that made my arteries clog up just looking at it.  If they can sell this garbage, they can sell me a giant diet coke, darn it!  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You should hit White Castle, then. I go there occasionally (my bus route takes me to a school near one). Their idea of "medium drinks" is similar to an EXTRA LARGE drink at McDonalds or Burger King!!  :eek4:

Those drinks WILL rupture your bladder.  :Oo:  I usually order "small" drinks from them, but their small is a very large serving.  :eek:
Posted Image

#57 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 10:20 PM

And I'm not even going to comment on White Castle's EXTRA-LARGE drink.  :wacko:

Nah-I will. You could end up peeing for an hour straight-and STILL not empty your bladder. :wacko:

Edited by Digital Man, 30 March 2005 - 10:21 PM.

Posted Image

#58 DWF

DWF

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 10:24 PM

^^^White Castle is usually better than Roto Rooter. :D

#59 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 10:27 PM

DWF, on Mar 30 2005, 10:24 PM, said:

^^^White Castle is usually better than Roto Rooter. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bah. :p

Nothing tops THAT category like Taco Bell. :p

As a friend once said, "Bypass the middle man and just toss the taco right into the toilet."

:p~
Posted Image

#60 eloisel

eloisel

Non-sequitur

• Islander
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 10:56 PM

A little thing to know for the greasy carnivores among us - a bowl of oatmeal with breakfast a few mornings of the week.  Oatmeal removes cholesterol from your body.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Health, Diet, Burger King

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users