• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#41 Bouree57

Bouree57
  • Islander
  • 578 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 03:03 AM

Zwolf666, on Apr 2 2005, 09:22 PM, said:

Also, if a post at first seems controversial, you have to base your assessment of said post on what's actually written in it.  Assuming the post is controversial just because it comes from a certain poster with a history of controversy is not enough criteria to judge the post as controversial.   Just ‘cuz a feller's sittin' on a riverbank with his pole in his hand don't mean he's fishin'!
I live in a lake resort area, so I know this to be completely true. There are plenty of fellas around here who do this and very few of them are actually fishing.  :hehe:

Now I tried my best to get to point of the post (was there one?); I didn't make it. So am I supposed to be offended or not?

-- B
My words but a whisper, your deafness a shout!
I may make you feel but I can't make you think.
(from Thick as a Brick, Jethro Tull)

He who made kittens put snakes in the grass.
He's a lover of life but a player of pawns.
(from Bungle in the Jungle--War Child, JT)

#42 Zwolf

Zwolf
  • Islander
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 09:58 AM

Bouree sez: Now I tried my best to get to point of the post (was there one?); I didn't make it. So am I supposed to be offended or not?

**** Anyone looking for a point in one of my ridiculous posts is bound to come out offended... or at least disappointed. :)

Thanks for the kind words, all.  I just wanted to stick a note in saying that this post'll probably disappear over to the Beach later, 'cuz it's pretty much of a Beach type post, anyhow.  CJ graciously let it be my call, and I asked that it be left here (since my initial offense occurred here) until later today, and then it could be moved to the Beach.  So, if it disappears later on, it's not any kind of oppression from "the Man" or the mods being mean or anything, it's how it's s'pozed to be...

And now, for my next controversial statement...

I also set the Peeps that look like rabbits on fire.  

(that may not seem all that controversial, but I pretend that they're Tom DeLay wearing his secret bunny suit that nobody's supposed to know about.   See, now I'm in trouble! ;) )

Cheers,

Zwolf
"I've moved on and I'm feeling fine
And I'll feel even better
When your life has nothing to do with mine."
-Pittbull, "No Love Lost"

"There are things that I'd like to say
But I'm never talking to you again
There's things I'd like to phrase some way

I'm never talking to you again
I'm never talking to you
I'm tired of wasting all my time
Trying to talk to you

I'd put you down where you belong
I'd show you everywhere you're wrong

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you."
- Husker Du, "Never Talking To You Again"

#43 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 10:13 AM

Lin731, on Apr 3 2005, 10:26 AM, said:

The scot part want to show you new and interesting things to do with bagpipes.  :whistle:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dang!  Once again, I discover that I'm not quite Scottish enough.  :pout:

Nonny
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#44 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 10:34 AM

Okay, you've offended the Gleeps. I have to give you a semi-formal, not important but just as silly warning. So here goes:

[Mod hat on] You've been warned, Gleep hater![Mod hat off]

:D :D :D :D :D

#45 CJ AEGIS

CJ AEGIS

Warship Guru!

• Islander
  • 6,847 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 11:58 AM

Zwolf666, on Apr 4 2005, 09:58 AM, said:

Thanks for the kind words, all.  I just wanted to stick a note in saying that this post'll probably disappear over to the Beach later, 'cuz it's pretty much of a Beach type post, anyhow.  CJ graciously let it be my call, and I asked that it be left here (since my initial offense occurred here) until later today, and then it could be moved to the Beach.

If the replies keep up like they are I'll probably leave it here for a bit longer past tonight until it slows down. ;)  Some of the replies are as classic as your initial post Z.

:welldone: to everyone.

Edited by CJ AEGIS, 04 April 2005 - 11:59 AM.

"History has proven too often and too recently that the nation which relaxes its defenses invites attack."
        -Fleet Admiral Nimitz
"Their sailors say they should have flight pay and sub pay both -- they're in the air half the time, under the water the other half""
        - Ernie Pyle: Aboard a DE

#46 Zwolf

Zwolf
  • Islander
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 12:56 PM

If the replies keep up like they are I'll probably leave it here for a bit longer past tonight until it slows down.

***** Cool deal! :)

Some of the replies are as classic as your initial post Z.

********* Yep!  I'm impressed... I didn't know OT had so much comedic and/or insane talent.  :)   It must be the Gleepian influence...

Cheers,

Zwolf
"I've moved on and I'm feeling fine
And I'll feel even better
When your life has nothing to do with mine."
-Pittbull, "No Love Lost"

"There are things that I'd like to say
There's things I'd like to phrase some way

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you

I'd put you down where you belong
I'd show you everywhere you're wrong

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you."
- Husker Du, "Never Talking To You Again"

#47 nutmeg

nutmeg

Just passing through

• Islander
  • 169 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 01:05 PM

Zwolf666, on Apr 4 2005, 05:56 PM, said:

Some of the replies are as classic as your initial post Z.

********* Yep!  I'm impressed... I didn't know OT had so much comedic and/or insane talent.  :)   It must be the Gleepian influence...

Cheers,

Zwolf

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ackkk Gleepian influence??!! Killing another sacred and protected species of Peep??!! The citizens of Trapazoid are now doubly, nay tripily, offended and declare ripensnortalil upon Mr. Z. Wolf. Our lawyers are still tracking you down, Mr Z. Wolf and will locate you as soon as the gryfffgrr beer keg is dry. Gleepian influence, pffffft.

nutmegazoid

#48 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 01:38 PM

:D  :cool: LOL!
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#49 Corwin

Corwin

fortitudo ac honor

• Islander
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 03:07 PM

Zwolf666, on Apr 4 2005, 08:58 AM, said:

I also set the Peeps that look like rabbits on fire. 

ooh....  If they look like rabbits, could they be substituted for rabbits in recipes.....  hhhm... Five Alarm Peep Chili.....

Corwin
"The Enemy is upon us, so Lock and Load, Brothers.  The Emperor Calls and the Forces of Chaos must be driven back.  Though all of us will fall, none of us shall fail!"

#50 Kosh

Kosh

Criag Ferguson For President!

• Islander
  • 11,149 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 03:45 PM

Lover of Purple, on Apr 4 2005, 11:34 AM, said:

Okay, you've offended the Gleeps. I have to give you a semi-formal, not important but just as silly warning. So here goes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

An extention of the Ministry Of Silly Walks?
Can't Touch This!!

#51 Eskaminzim

Eskaminzim

Head eggs and butt toast

• Islander
  • 559 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:05 PM

As the Gleepite Ambassador to ExIsle, I must extend my thanks to you, Lover of Purple, for defending our honor and warning the heinous wolf-type-creature for his dastardly offense on us and our persons.  It is our hope that your actions will convince others that Gleeps have feelings, too, and deserve not to be mocked in this manner.

For your courageous stand on this topic of great importance to Gleeps of all persuasions and stripes (even those vastly overfed Gleepites who insist on wearing horizontal stripes of chartreuse and Pepto Bismol pink and nearly blinding us), we will henceforth for one Gleepite week, paint our nostrils purple in your honor.  For the seven quarters of us without nostrils, well, we'll think of something.

#52 nutmeg

nutmeg

Just passing through

• Islander
  • 169 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:14 PM

Trapazoids are *not* to be ignored. Our peeps in bipedal landcruisers' microwave ovens??!!  :eek2:  I shall pout, nay, I shall  whine until my people and our endangered species receive the same respect as the Gleepians! You have been warned!

:pout:    whine, whine whine

nutmegazoid

#53 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:15 PM

Kosh, on Apr 4 2005, 12:45 PM, said:

Lover of Purple, on Apr 4 2005, 11:34 AM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

An extention of the Ministry Of Silly Walks?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, who told you? ;)

#54 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:16 PM

Eskaminzim, on Apr 4 2005, 01:05 PM, said:

As the Gleepite Ambassador to ExIsle, I must extend my thanks to you, Lover of Purple, for defending our honor and warning the heinous wolf-type-creature for his dastardly offense on us and our persons.  It is our hope that your actions will convince others that Gleeps have feelings, too, and deserve not to be mocked in this manner.

For your courageous stand on this topic of great importance to Gleeps of all persuasions and stripes (even those vastly overfed Gleepites who insist on wearing horizontal stripes of chartreuse and Pepto Bismol pink and nearly blinding us), we will henceforth for one Gleepite week, paint our nostrils purple in your honor.  For the seven quarters of us without nostrils, well, we'll think of something.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you for such an honor.

#55 Eskaminzim

Eskaminzim

Head eggs and butt toast

• Islander
  • 559 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 09:40 PM

You're more than welcome.  We Gleepites (unlike others we could mention, but won't) always honor those who cater to our point of v--er...stand up for what is well and truly right.  Our moral guidelines are legendary throughout the universe, just as it should be.

#56 nutmeg

nutmeg

Just passing through

• Islander
  • 169 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 10:01 PM

Urk!!! The great People of Trapazoid are not unmentionables, Eskiblabblab!  We will *not* be ignored. We contribute great literature to the Great Billboard of the Universe. Our poetry slams are .. er, poetry. What are your nostrils and gerbils (or whatever those tuba thingies are)  in comparison?! I warn you - whining is iminent. You have been warned.

nutmegazoid

#57 Eskaminzim

Eskaminzim

Head eggs and butt toast

• Islander
  • 559 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 10:04 PM

Placing Nutflakeatroid on the Flying Trapeze on ignore.

:whistle:

#58 Kevin Street

Kevin Street
  • Islander
  • 6,256 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 10:06 PM

Flames, glorious flames! Reach high and burn, my pretties. :cool:

Wouldn't it be cool if all the flames in OT got diverted to this thread, and everybody exhausted themselves here? You're a genius, ZWolff! ;)

#59 nutmeg

nutmeg

Just passing through

• Islander
  • 169 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 10:10 PM

Truly, Zwolf is a genius. And it was fun Eskaminzim. Catch ya later. RL calls.

nutmeg

#60 janeta-marie siri

janeta-marie siri
  • Islander
  • 4,932 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 10:18 PM

:lol:
The golden Trancer

Purple duck have no place in kitchen... amen.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: OT, ZWolf, April Fool's Day, Humor

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users