Cardinal Law Religion Catholicism Pedophile Priests

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 Zwolf

Zwolf
  • Islander
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 11:20 AM

Law was probably authorized to do this by the Queen Spider.  Hail, Queen Spider!

(just another joke exclusively for you faithful South Park viewers... :) )

Cheers,

Zwolf
"I've moved on and I'm feeling fine
And I'll feel even better
When your life has nothing to do with mine."
-Pittbull, "No Love Lost"

"There are things that I'd like to say
But I'm never talking to you again
There's things I'd like to phrase some way

I'm never talking to you again
I'm never talking to you
I'm tired of wasting all my time
Trying to talk to you

I'd put you down where you belong
I'd show you everywhere you're wrong

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you."
- Husker Du, "Never Talking To You Again"

#42 WildChildCait

WildChildCait

And from the ashes of fire, she is reborn

• Islander
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 11:40 AM

Zwolf,

Lolth has better things to do with her time than spend it on  puny humans....;-)

Cheers
Chaddee
roleplayer
RIP Ruby Medallion: 31-10-1999/21-05-2007
one gender-reassigned, world travelling, world class snake.

FKA Chaddee, amongst other things.
http://scentedalchemy.webs.com Custom handmade bath and body products

#43 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 01:19 PM

What is a really disconcerting thought is that law could become the next pope...however unlikely it might be, it is STILL a possibility.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#44 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 01:23 PM

Not likely to happen. The choice would antagonize their reduced numbers of worshipers in North America. The likely choice might be closer to Latin America or even South America becasue the large number of worshipers in that area.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#45 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 02:24 PM

G1223, on Apr 13 2005, 01:23 PM, said:

Not likely to happen. The choice would antagonize their reduced numbers of worshipers in North America. The likely choice might be closer to Latin America or even South America becasue the large number of worshipers in that area.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True, it's not likely to happen..but it could...which is scary.

But news reports concerning who the next pope will be are saying that no American cardinal will be chosen...Because of the perceived "Is this the pope's decision or the President's?"
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#46 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 03:20 PM

Tomorrow Syria could release a Bio weapon that is a airborne strain of Ebola tied into a flu virus for speed of reproduction. Not likly but it could happen.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#47 Kosh

Kosh

Criag Ferguson For President!

• Islander
  • 11,143 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 03:40 PM

G1223, on Apr 12 2005, 08:24 PM, said:

Kosh, on Apr 12 2005, 07:02 PM, said:

Take him off the streets and promote him to working in the Vatican. He should have been charged with aiding and abeting Pedophiles.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And the courts could do that. But they did not. The Pope took Law in becasue he felt his friend was getting a bad rap for this. People do this all the time for their friends. For all we know Law may have been asked to give a mass in the pope's last wishes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

According to. well, I can't remember where I heard it now, some news outlett, that this position would do the job, no matter who was in it.

Yes, I do blame our system for letting him out of the country. I also hold PJPII responcable for what all happened on his 26 year watch. He was as guilty as Law.
Can't Touch This!!

#48 NeuralClone

NeuralClone
  • Islander
  • 23,092 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 03:44 PM

Nonny, on Apr 13 2005, 12:08 PM, said:

No matter what else you say to me, about me, about the Catholic church, I'll keep going back to this, your previous statement, and I'll keep pointing out that you are responsible for wrongfully accusing me of lumping all Catholics together as one.  Considering how often I rave about the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven, by the Catholic theologian Uta Ranke-Heinemann, it seems more than a little odd that anyone could accuse me of lumping all Catholics together with the men who run the church.  :rolleyes:
You haven't read anything I've said have you? I specifically said that if I misjudged what you said then I AM SORRY AND I TAKE BACK WHAT I SAID. If this isn't good enough then I don't know what else to say.

and I'll keep pointing out that you are responsible for wrongfully accusing me of lumping all Catholics together as one.
Yes and you said (and I quote):

Catholic parents, many of whom were Catholic school children in their day, are programmed to believe anything a priest or nun tells them, so Catholic school children face double jeopardy when they have any kind of grievance against one.
Please tell me how this isn't grouping all Catholic parents together.

Additionally, please tell me how this is accusing you of lumping all Catholics together:

So basically what you're saying is that since Nonny might be older than me and because she may have had a different experience, she can judge ALL members of a religion?
I was interpreting what NORVILLE said. If I was wrong then Norville should have pointed that out to me and I would have gladly re-evaluated what both you and Norville said.

Again I say: if you didn't mean to group all Catholic parents together then please just say so and I will take back what I said. If you just want to fight for the sake of fighting then I'm afraid you're going to have to find someone else to pick on. I've said I'm sorry if I misread or misinterpreted what you said. If you can't, won't, or don't want to accept my apology for a misunderstanding then that is beyond my control and I would appreciate it if you'd stop saying it's all my fault.

Edited by NeuralClone, 13 April 2005 - 03:52 PM.

"My sexuality's not the most interesting thing about me."
— Cosima Niehaus, Orphan Black, "Governed By Sound Reason and True Religion"

#49 Snow Angel

Snow Angel

Fallen... and I can't get up

• Islander
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 12:31 PM

I almost hate to say this, but Nonny, when NC accused you of lumping all Catholics together, he was referring to one specific statement you made.  It's been quoted several times, but here we see again:

Catholic parents, many of whom were Catholic school children in their day, are programmed to believe anything a priest or nun tells them, so Catholic school children face double jeopardy when they have any kind of grievance against one.

When NC objected to this, because it was not true of his experiences in the Catholic church, I believe the only problem was that you said, "Catholic parents...are programmed to believe... so Catholic school children..."

as opposed to "Some Catholic parents... so their children..."

I don't believe he ever said that you habitually lump all Catholics together, only that this particular statement had that effect.
Not knowing where the rock came from DOESN'T MAKE IT CHEESE.
--Kissing Hank's [Butt]

#50 NeuralClone

NeuralClone
  • Islander
  • 23,092 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 12:42 PM

Thank you, Snow Angel. That is precisely what I've been trying to say all along but it has been consistently ignored.

Edited by NeuralClone, 16 April 2005 - 12:46 PM.

"My sexuality's not the most interesting thing about me."
— Cosima Niehaus, Orphan Black, "Governed By Sound Reason and True Religion"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cardinal Law, Religion, Catholicism, Pedophile Priests

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users