#1 Jazzer

Jazzer

Here I am

• Islander
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 10:52 PM

"Witnesses: Disabled Girl Punched In Face, Forced To Perform Sex Acts"

http://www.local6.co...049/detail.html  

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- A 16-year-old disabled girl was punched and forced to engage in videotaped sexual acts with several boys in a high school auditorium as dozens of students watched, according to witnesses.

Authorities are investigating and no charges have been filed in the alleged attack last month at Mifflin High School. Four boys suspected of involvement were sent home and have not returned to class.

Also, the principal, Regina Crenshaw, was suspended and will be fired for not calling police, school officials said. And three assistant principals were suspended and will be reassigned to other schools.

Crenshaw had no comment Tuesday.

The girl was forced to perform oral sex on at least two boys, according to statements from school officials, obtained by The Columbus Dispatch.

Part of the alleged assault was videotaped by a student who had a camera for a school project.

School officials found the girl bleeding from the mouth. An assistant principal cautioned the girl's father against calling 911 to avoid media attention, the statements said. The girl's father called police.

Her father said the girl is developmentally disabled. A special education teacher said the teen has a severe speech impediment.
This is horrific!!!  I would have seen if I could have had the principle and assistant principle arrested as accomplices for not wanting to call the police.   :angry:   I think that those videotaping and those just spectating should have been arrested along with the perpetrators.  This makes me feel sick what happened to this girl and then for the school officials not to want to call the police???!!!  Words just aren't adequate for how horrible this is!!!   :glare:

Edited by Jazzergold, 12 April 2005 - 11:58 PM.

Unanswered questions aren't nearly as dangerous as unquestioned answers.

#2 ZipperInt

ZipperInt
  • Islander
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 11:07 PM

Wow, wtf is wrong with the people at the school? I hope the lot of them get severely punished.
The second greatest podcast in the history of ever:
http://geeksonaplain.blogspot.com/

#3 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 11:19 PM

Well I would support them being sent to adult prison and have it marked that they are sex offenders. (Goodbye College chances in some cases)Mark them for the rest of their lives as what they are. Something that a hundred years ago would have been serious injured by the people of the community.

While I would wish for them to die what they did is not a death penalty offense. So we can only hope that prison gets them.

As to the school authorites they need charged with every crime that they can be and given time with violent offenders with the same hope for the worthless boys who committed the attack.

Edited by G1223, 12 April 2005 - 11:22 PM.

If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#4 Jazzer

Jazzer

Here I am

• Islander
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 11:54 PM

I would think there would be several possible things the school officials could be charged with:  failure to report child abuse, failure to report a violent crime, child endangerment for attempting to prevent the child from immediately receiving emergency medical treatment, being accomplices after the fact for trying to prevent notification of the proper authorities.  With the kind of medical exam that is needed after a sexual assault, it's important to do the exam as soon as possible to collect evidence for prosecution.  Also she could have been put at risk of contracting HIV and other diseases!  

I can't comprehend the mindset of someone caring more about "media attention" than whether the girl got the help she needed.  Those officials who didn't want 911 called ought to be thrown in with the child molesters in prison.  

I wonder, too, do a lot of students nowadays have a victim or victimizer mentality?  With so many teenagers having cell phones now, some of them could have called 911 immediately at the first hint of trouble.  Also, why didn't some of the other students try to stop what was happening?  This is just appalling to me!  

I also don't understand why school officials in general in all schools don't try harder to monitor activity of students in a school building and on the school grounds.  What I mean by monitoring here is watching for possible violent or criminal activity.  Part of that may be a budgeting problem to have enough personnel to basically patrol school grounds, but something needs to be done to try to prevent things like this from happening.   :angry:  :glare:
Unanswered questions aren't nearly as dangerous as unquestioned answers.

#5 GiGi

GiGi

Lipstick wearing PIG kisser!

• Islander
  • 8,774 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 12:06 AM

^ Absolutely, this assault is akin to rape.  What are they thinking!!
"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man. Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not die, so do all creatures." -- HH The Dalai Lama

#6 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 12:21 AM

What I find almost as hard to understand is why no one intervened if it was done

as dozens of students watched, according to witnesses

I've jumped into the middle of a fight once to help someone out, and I know it's a hrd chocie to get involved in something that doesn't directly concern you, but come on.

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#7 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 01:14 AM

G1223, on Apr 12 2005, 11:19 PM, said:

Well I would support them being sent to adult prison and have it marked that they are sex offenders. (Goodbye College chances in some cases)Mark them for the rest of their lives as what they are. Something that a hundred years ago would have been serious injured by the people of the community.

While I would wish for them to die what they did is not a death penalty offense. So we can only hope that prison gets them.

As to the school authorites they need charged with every crime that they can be and given time with violent offenders with the same hope for the worthless boys who committed the attack.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't believe I'm typing this...What G1223 said....

What really pisses me off though is this:

And three assistant principals were suspended and will be reassigned to other schools.

So these asst principals will have the chance to do this to others???WTF! What? They pick up this idea from the Catholic Church??? My GOD!
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#8 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 11:29 AM

LORD of the SWORD, on Apr 12 2005, 10:14 PM, said:

What really pisses me off though is this:

And three assistant principals were suspended and will be reassigned to other schools.
So these asst principals will have the chance to do this to others???WTF! What? They pick up this idea from the Catholic Church??? My GOD!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Words fail me.  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Nonny
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#9 Zwolf

Zwolf
  • Islander
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 11:58 AM

I'd say death penalty across the board for those who did it as well as those who tried to cover it up, but, I'm probably an extremist... I just don't see any upside into prolonging the life of someone who'd do something like that.

If death - or at least maiming - is out of the question, then jail time should at least be mandatory for all involved...

Cheers,

Zwolf
"I've moved on and I'm feeling fine
And I'll feel even better
When your life has nothing to do with mine."
-Pittbull, "No Love Lost"

"There are things that I'd like to say
But I'm never talking to you again
There's things I'd like to phrase some way

I'm never talking to you again
I'm never talking to you
I'm tired of wasting all my time
Trying to talk to you

I'd put you down where you belong
I'd show you everywhere you're wrong

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you."
- Husker Du, "Never Talking To You Again"

#10 GoldenCoal

GoldenCoal

Not Fool's Gold

• Islander
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 12:17 PM

Steven_Q, on Apr 12 2005, 11:21 PM, said:

What I find almost as hard to understand is why no one intervened if it was done

as dozens of students watched, according to witnesses

I've jumped into the middle of a fight once to help someone out, and I know it's a hrd chocie to get involved in something that doesn't directly concern you, but come on.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The least that someone could have done is run out and told a teacher.

#11 Zwolf

Zwolf
  • Islander
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 12:26 PM

***** I've had to do the same thing.  Not on anything as drastic as a gang rape, o' course, but I've had to defend somebody getting teased a couple of times.  I also stood by and did nothing while somebody was getting picked on, and as hard as it is maybe getting punched out for getting in the middle, the only ones that still bother me years down the line are the times when I didn't do anything.  That stays with you a lot longer.  Regret leaves a deeper scar than a fist can make.

If these people have consciences at all, they're going to have a lot of sleepless nights about this, maybe for the rest of their lives.  And I can't say they don't deserve it...

Cheers,

Zwolf
"I've moved on and I'm feeling fine
And I'll feel even better
When your life has nothing to do with mine."
-Pittbull, "No Love Lost"

"There are things that I'd like to say
There's things I'd like to phrase some way

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you

I'd put you down where you belong
I'd show you everywhere you're wrong

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you."
- Husker Du, "Never Talking To You Again"

#12 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 01:16 PM

GoldenCoal, on Apr 13 2005, 12:17 PM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And what good would that have done? If the principal and assistant principals were willing to cover it up, I can't see the teachers being any different.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#13 GoldenCoal

GoldenCoal

Not Fool's Gold

• Islander
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 01:40 PM

LORD of the SWORD, on Apr 13 2005, 12:16 PM, said:

GoldenCoal, on Apr 13 2005, 12:17 PM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And what good would that have done? If the principal and assistant principals were willing to cover it up, I can't see the teachers being any different.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The teachers aren't the ones that have to worry about the way the school is perceived. Principals are the administrators, while the teachers are the ones that have to deal directly with the kids.

In any case, even if a student were to get a principal, or teacher, or whoever is an authority figure in the school, we now know that the principal would have wanted to cover it up, but that wouldn't have been known at the time. Isn't the reason why we are so mad at this because the principals didn't do what we thought they ought to and we expected them to do? Thus, it could be a resonable expectation that a teacher or someone would have done something, especially if they were catching them in act.

And in any case, it's better than just sitting there and watching.

#14 Anastashia

Anastashia

Tyrant Matriarch and Pegan Too!

• Islander
  • 11,777 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 01:41 PM

My first question is why a group of students were in an auditorium without supervision in the first place?
The Science Fiction Examiner

In the quiet of Midden a young child grows.
Does the salvation of his people grow with him?
"Everything we do now is for the child"

"I made a mistake,
just follow along,
isn't that what tyranny is all about?"
Sheila M---my Praise Band Director

For as long as I shall live
I will testify to love
I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough
Testify to Love

Posted Image

#15 GoldenCoal

GoldenCoal

Not Fool's Gold

• Islander
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 01:45 PM

Anastashia, on Apr 13 2005, 12:41 PM, said:

My first question is why a group of students were in an auditorium without supervision in the first place?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:eek4: That's a good point... I guess there's the assumption that people are mature enough not to need to be supervised every second when you are in high school...

#16 Anastashia

Anastashia

Tyrant Matriarch and Pegan Too!

• Islander
  • 11,777 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 02:05 PM

GoldenCoal, on Apr 13 2005, 02:45 PM, said:

Anastashia, on Apr 13 2005, 12:41 PM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:eek4: That's a good point... I guess there's the assumption that people are mature enough not to need to be supervised every second when you are in high school...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not in any HS or MS I ever subbed in. I spent periods outside during recess/study hall periods, in the lunch room, standing outside of the restrooms, monitoring the halls between periods, etc. Never are students left in a situation where they are alone.

Edited by Anastashia, 13 April 2005 - 02:07 PM.

The Science Fiction Examiner

In the quiet of Midden a young child grows.
Does the salvation of his people grow with him?
"Everything we do now is for the child"

"I made a mistake,
just follow along,
isn't that what tyranny is all about?"
Sheila M---my Praise Band Director

For as long as I shall live
I will testify to love
I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough
Testify to Love

Posted Image

#17 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 02:09 PM

Happened all the time in Holland.

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#18 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 02:20 PM

GoldenCoal, on Apr 13 2005, 01:40 PM, said:

In any case, even if a student were to get a principal, or teacher, or whoever is an authority figure in the school, we now know that the principal would have wanted to cover it up, but that wouldn't have been known at the time. Isn't the reason why we are so mad at this because the principals didn't do what we thought they ought to and we expected them to do? Thus, it could be a resonable expectation that a teacher or someone would have done something, especially if they were catching them in act.

True, the students *might* not have known the attitudes of the administrators...but then again, they might have. If the admins were willing to cover this one up...who knows whether or not they covered up previous incidents???

And in any case, it's better than just sitting there and watching.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True.

#19 MuseZack

MuseZack

132nd S.O.C.

• Demigod
  • 5,432 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 02:52 PM

Looking at more complete accounts of this incident (and remember, preliminary reports usually get a lot of stuff wrong-- nearly everything initially reported about the Columbine shootings turned out to be incorrect), it appears that several students did try and help the girl or at least ran to summon a campus security guard.  And it sounds like this crime was perpetrated by an entire group of boys, and there are few things scarier than a pack of teenage boys with no self-restraint.  And as an ardent death penalty opponent, I hope the little bastards fry.  

Sexual predators are scum, and sexual predators of the most vulnerable among us are the lowest form of scum.  I dread hearing the inevitable mothers in front of the TV cameras declaring how wonderful and misunderstood their poor persecuted boys are.

Edited by MuseZack, 13 April 2005 - 02:53 PM.

"Some day, after we have mastered the wind, the waves, the tides, and gravity,
We shall harness for God the energies of Love.
Then, for the second time in the history of the world,
we will have discovered fire."
--Father Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

#20 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 03:06 PM

MuseZack, on Apr 13 2005, 02:52 PM, said:

And as an ardent death penalty opponent, I hope the little bastards fry. 

Here's a better idea...hand them over to the insurgents in Iraqi...Let these little bastards feel what it's like to be at the mercy of others...Of course the insurgents aren't known for their mercy...they're known for their beheadings...So, problem solved. Of course, the insurgents and Al-Queda probably wouldn't want nothing to do with punks like this either.

I dread hearing the inevitable mothers in front of the TV cameras declaring how wonderful and misunderstood their poor persecuted boys are.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You and me both.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Crime, Sexual Assault, Disabled Girl, School

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users