Rhadical RP OOC thread

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#61 Jack_and_Kate

Jack_and_Kate
  • Islander
  • 155 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 10:43 PM

so sorry, i have bad internet writing skills, it's an old habit.

anyways i just thought of a name for Rev Bem.

Sister Meb

#62 janeta-marie siri

janeta-marie siri
  • Islander
  • 4,932 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 10:46 PM

lol, sister meb... I love that!
The golden Trancer

Purple duck have no place in kitchen... amen.

#63 Narc

Narc

Confuse the issue, mk. II -- now with cake!

• Islander
  • 6,930 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 04:13 AM

Jack_and_Kate, on Apr 29 2005, 06:39 AM, said:

one last thing, sorry i shouldn't make all these replies but i keep forgetting, but i think Daze should be blue, or aqua marine at least, instead of purple, because blue is sorta unofficially the opposite of red, and since purple is close to red, at least trance's shade of purple is closer to pink, which is light red, so maybe Daze could be a light blue color.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's good, we'll go with that, then.

Jack_and_Kate, on Apr 29 2005, 06:43 AM, said:

so sorry, i have bad internet writing skills, it's an old habit.

anyways i just thought of a name for Rev Bem.

Sister Meb

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sister Meb is perfect!

Updating the list...
Smile -- it's contagious! Posted Image

Visit Narc's home on the Interwebs!
Read the Ramblings of Narc!
I'm not a twit anymore, but I am an identicat instead!

#64 Narc

Narc

• Islander
  • 6,930 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 04:20 AM

Oh, and one more thing - would it be too much trouble to have Mira Sim Rhade run into Daze Gemini? Thank you.

#65 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 09:52 AM

I'm going to be gone for the weekend but I'll post once before I go.

#66 Narc

Narc

• Islander
  • 6,930 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 09:57 AM

Okay, we'll have a break in the RP for the weekend, then.

#67 Jack_and_Kate

Jack_and_Kate
  • Islander
  • 155 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 05:48 PM

so um i have a question, are we just keeping that mira sim character or are we going to have an alternate Tyr as well, or is Mira Sim the alternate Tyr, i thought she was the alternate Rhade.

Also, am i still going to handle Sister Meb, or should we wait for someone else to pick that one up... okay thanks, buh bye.

#68 Jack_and_Kate

Jack_and_Kate
  • Islander
  • 155 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 05:53 PM

sorry, i am so foolish, i neglected to look at the roster, so all my questions are clear for now, except one thing: unless someone is really attached to the Tyria name, maybe we could come up with something better like  Ry Izasanna  which is Tyr Annasazi spelled backwards, only with the T left out fo Tyr, because Ry is a real name, just not spelled like that.

in fact you could even call her Rayo Izasanna, because Rayo is the name of one of my coworkers, and it is close to Ry, i dunno, again just my opinions. i love this rp by the way, i think it will be totally awesome!!!! okay sorry that was a random burst of happiness, ttyl.

#69 Narc

Narc

• Islander
  • 6,930 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 06:47 AM

In case you haven't noticed, the ships are the only items to receive reversed names. And as for Tyria's name...

Mikoto said:

Anyhoo, where was I? Oh yes does it have to be Tyretta as a name? I kinda like Tyra or Tyria. :whistle: *Thinks and brushes the dust off a set of faded memories.* Lets see, if I'm remembering correctly in Andromeda Tyr was kept in a kind of stasis tank until Dylan decided to be troublesome-along with several other mercenaries.
(highlighting is mine)

Edited by Narc0tiq, 30 April 2005 - 06:51 AM.

#70 Jack_and_Kate

Jack_and_Kate
  • Islander
  • 155 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 09:06 AM

alright, well it doesn;t matter to me, except yall did like the backwards spelling of rev bem which turned into sister meb... like i said it doesn't really matter, but i am just not to keen on Tyria, i dunno, i might grow to like it.  

also i know shea's gone but why can't the others who aren't interacting with shea's character continue rping, no difference to me either way, thank.

#71 Jack_and_Kate

Jack_and_Kate
  • Islander
  • 155 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 09:30 AM

HOLY EXPLODING CALIMELONS!!!!! I just had a great idea, well maybe it's not the best idea out there, but still, an idea it is...

we would need someone to play the part but i just thought of an adition to the cast, a male Doyle, now i know she comes into the storyline a whole lot later, but here's the cop out: Doyle is an Android that Harper built for the Uram, and the male Doyle character could be the avatar of the Uram.  I don't know if anyone knows this, but on the dvd set there was mention that the Maru was orginally supposed to have an A.I and it's character was going to be sort of like a little brother to the Andromeda.  So i just sorta figured that would be a way to bring Doyle in, and you could still call it Doyle, because the name sorta seems fitting for a guy, or am i wrong on that point.  I guess you could call him Ur, or Ram, but then the reference to Doyle might be totally lost, unless you left it as a female character.  Sorry stream of conciousness, i just realized something as i was writing: the Maru computer had a male voice, so it would make sense if we applied the rules to make the Uram computer have a female voice, and therefore Doyle could remain female.  

But then you could also say that we would break the rules by not switching Doyle's gender, but i don't know which is better, male Doyle or female Maru (Uram), so let me know what yall think.

#72 Narc

Narc

• Islander
  • 6,930 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 09:36 AM

Easiest solution: We don't do either... I dunno, I might be the only one, but Doyle really rubs me the wrong way. We could have Harperetta build an avatar for the Uram, but later in the RP - I'll consider it and advise Vana.

Oh, and, JaK, you can definitely keep RPing with Janeta - until Shea gets back, you have to keep the RP alive :)

#73 Narc

Narc

• Islander
  • 6,930 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 09:38 AM

Besides, we still need to get through the first part of the RP - the "let's meet everybody" part. Would now be a good time to get Tyria out of that stasis tank? And where are Mikoto and Vana, anyway?

Edited by Narc0tiq, 30 April 2005 - 09:39 AM.

#74 GCross2432

GCross2432

Half-Nietzschean, Half-Fangirl

• Islander
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 12:05 PM

Psyche, on Apr 28 2005, 11:35 PM, said:

Also, JAK, I'm not GM but could I ask that you use capitals an punctuation in the RP thread? Its hard to read when you don't.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks, Shea. I was about to post on that myself. JaK, PLEASE use punctuation and capitals. Punctuation isn't that difficult.

And I'm here! I've just had a hectic week, no time to get on and post. Glad we got a male Trance, but yes, Tyria is staying. Why? Because The person playing Tyr- Mikoto, I believe it is- chose it herself. Big important note people: Your characters are your own. Once it's approved by Narc/myself you have the all clear and no other players in the game have the right to change it. I mean, people can still ask, but if you like it, that's your pick.

Narc- I'll talk to you on the Doyle issue privately, when I get back from my weekend away.

I'll be back on Sunday people, I'll address any further issues then.

~ V.

P.S. I hadn't even considered the Magog's gender, Shea. Thanks for that. ^_^
Harperchondriac, Rhadical, Trancer, Kludge, X-Man, Browncoat, Pirateer, Elf, DS9er, CSI, Atlantean

Keeper of...
The Keys of the Universes
The Everlasting Sun
Carson's Laptop
The songs October, So Close, and Breathe No More
Pippin's Voice and Accent
X-men AUs & Kurt's Tail
Jack's Swagger

Icon by MurdocsAngel

#75 Jack_and_Kate

Jack_and_Kate
  • Islander
  • 155 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 12:11 PM

Sorry, I thought I had been doing well on punctuation.  I'll really try harder, it's just that i usually just write down what I'm thinking and use commas to separate thoughts.  Of course then there's times when i do good old stream of consciousness.  I feel really bad now, sorry for my bad writing habits, I had a really bad english teacher.

oh and sorry about intruding on other people's characters.  I just am always full of ideas, and like I've said before, they're just ideas, and just my opinion.  I didn't mean to offend anyone.  anyways cheerio.

#76 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 06:33 PM

*Lurches back into the thread.*

Oooopsies, sorry, work and RL is a bit like a black hole right now sucking up lots of time and energy.  :crazy:

Okay so yes I chose Tyria as a female alternate to Tyr. I suppose it could be Tyra if that sounds any better. *Shrug*

Anyways yes I think it's definately time to bring her out of her stasis tank. The Maru.. ehm... Uram is docked with the Ademordna right now. I suppose Jerentexa could be monitoring the situation and decides to have Tyria go along as reinforcement?

(I am going to try to play a Tyr-like nietzchean female as close to S1 Tyr as possible. I don't know how effective I'll be at it though.)
Rejected and gone.

#77 Jack_and_Kate

Jack_and_Kate
  • Islander
  • 155 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 09:41 PM

hey mikoto, i think you will do fine with female Try.  Just think of Ellsbette from seasons one and two.  She might be a good model for the Tyr character.  

Also as a side note, i as well am trying to make Daze seem purple-trancish, but at the same time i'm trying to make him boyish, which is a big difference between the two characters... so just let the female Tyr develope into her own character.  I'm so excited! this is so fun. okay ttyl.

#78 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 09:29 AM

Narc0tiq, on Apr 30 2005, 08:36 AM, said:

Easiest solution: We don't do either... I dunno, I might be the only one, but Doyle really rubs me the wrong way. We could have Harperetta build an avatar for the Uram, but later in the RP - I'll consider it and advise Vana.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes I'm with Narc here. Only I won't be so tactful. I can't stand Doyle. She gives me homicidal urges. Mostly towards people who do like the Pepto Bismol imposter.

I'm back, btw.

And JAK- you're supposed to capitalize 'I' when referring to yourself.

#79 Narc

Narc

• Islander
  • 6,930 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 03:11 PM

Welcome back, Shea.

Mikoto- I echo JaK - I think you'll do fine, and besides, you don't have to be Tyr, build your character on top of the carboard cutout we're using for visualisation. We're going to have our adventures, not the Dromventures.

Vana- I really think we need a different name for the RP.

And I hate my Internet connection. *sigh*

Edited by Narc0tiq, 02 May 2005 - 03:12 PM.

#80 Jack_and_Kate

Jack_and_Kate
  • Islander
  • 155 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 03:29 PM

AGH so many rules for writing stuff, I hate capitalizing I when I am talking about myself, it's a hassle, but I'll try to do it anyways, it's just usually easier just to type i and not worry about using shift.

anyways, I'm really sad that no one likes Doyle, I really like her.  But whatever, it's not my show, anyways that's all i had to say.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users