Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Rhadical RP OOC thread

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#81 Narc

Narc

Confuse the issue, mk. II -- now with cake!

• Islander
  • 6,930 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 03:41 PM

Well, look, take your time posting, this isn't IRC, you can take more than 5 seconds to type your part in the RP. Think about it. Re-read if you feel the need. But obey the writing rules, to make it easier for the rest of us, okay? Thanks.
Smile -- it's contagious! Posted Image

Visit Narc's home on the Interwebs!
Read the Ramblings of Narc!
I'm not a twit anymore, but I am an identicat instead!

#82 Jack_and_Kate

Jack_and_Kate
  • Islander
  • 155 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 05:40 PM

Okay, sheesh, I'm sorry.  You don't have to be snappy about it.  I was sorta joking about it as well.  Anyways ya I will try to type better.  Besides what is IRC.  I am so horrible at acronyms, although I finally managed to figure out what PM is (personal Message) lol.  I know I'm illeterate, is that how you spell that word? anyways, sorry again for my bad grammar.

#83 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 06:24 PM

Friendly mod popping in :wink:.

JaK, I'm sure NarcOtiq didn't mean it to sound 'snappy'...Let's remember that this is all for fun.  But the GM and any assistants ARE the owners of any RP thread they start, and they make the rules and get to choose who plays in the game :).  So, good spelling, capitals, and puncutation are necessary here!

But do take your time, for yourself and others, in replying and composing your posts...it can be really fun to practice writing and 'acting' in an RP :).

#84 GCross2432

GCross2432

Half-Nietzschean, Half-Fangirl

• Islander
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 09:54 PM

This isn't meant to be rude or anything: JaK, after typing your post, try putting it in Microsoft Word or a similar program and running spell check. Trust me, it helps weed out any serious issues with what you type and after a while the main mistakes you make- I.E.(In example) extra commas, no paragraph between two different speakers- will be editted out by you instead of the spell checker. ^_^

Oh, and NO there will be no godmodding within the rp- for those who don't know, godmodding is the control of otherpeople's characters. JaK, you need to take out that post on the Nietzschean speaking, please. I know sometimes the rules are a little hard to remember, but with practice you'll get it. ^_^ We all do. But if you think this is alot, you probably wouldn't survive in some of the other kinds of rps on the Net.

Mikoto, I'll send Jerentexa to get you out now.

~ V.
Harperchondriac, Rhadical, Trancer, Kludge, X-Man, Browncoat, Pirateer, Elf, DS9er, CSI, Atlantean

Keeper of...
The Keys of the Universes
The Everlasting Sun
Carson's Laptop
The songs October, So Close, and Breathe No More
Pippin's Voice and Accent
X-men AUs & Kurt's Tail
Jack's Swagger

Icon by MurdocsAngel

#85 GCross2432

GCross2432

• Islander
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 10:17 PM

I know I just posted, but this is important. I have decided to make a short list of some big things for people to watch for in their posts. Just grammatical errors or names commonly misspelled, things of that nature.

List:
1. Nietzschean. (Do I really need to explain why it says that?)

2. When speaking, you need commas before you close a parenthesis people! If not using some final form of punctuation because it's part of a full sentence, you need a comma. I'll give an example. (I'm not picking on you JaK, it's just the perfect one.)

Original:
"Well" Daze said cheerfully "While we're waiting for you to decide what to do with me, let me introduce myself..." he extended a blue palm "I am Daze Mercury, I am the uh... official acting... gardener i guess... of the Akerue Uram. Who are you?"

Now, after being corrected:
"Well," Daze said cheerfully, "While we're waiting for you to decide what to do with me, let me introduce myself..." He extended a blue palm. "I am Daze Mercury. I am the uh... official acting... gardener, I guess... of the Akaerue Uram. Who are you?"

Does everyone see the changes? If not, and you're at all interested in knowing what the mistakes were, lemme know and I'll give you a PM on it. ^_^

3. Capitalization Is Key. Lol Not that munch capitalization, but you all know what I mean. The first word of every sentence, titles, names of people and ships alike, the letter I in reference to oneself(as has been mentioned)....

That's all for now. See? Short list, nothing big. Remember, I am watching.... O.O Lol J/p. Have a nice night, everyone!

~ V.
Harperchondriac, Rhadical, Trancer, Kludge, X-Man, Browncoat, Pirateer, Elf, DS9er, CSI, Atlantean

Keeper of...
The Everlasting Sun
Carson's Laptop
X-men AUs & Kurt's Tail
Jack's Swagger

Icon by MurdocsAngel

#86 janeta-marie siri

janeta-marie siri
  • Islander
  • 4,932 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 10:55 PM

Just a small warning, I kinda have this thing with typo's, so just give me a friendly warning ;)
The golden Trancer

Purple duck have no place in kitchen... amen.

#87 Narc

Narc

• Islander
  • 6,930 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 06:51 AM

Jack_and_Kate, on May 3 2005, 01:40 AM, said:

Okay, sheesh, I'm sorry.  You don't have to be snappy about it.  I was sorta joking about it as well.  Anyways ya I will try to type better.  Besides what is IRC.  I am so horrible at acronyms, although I finally managed to figure out what PM is (personal Message) lol.  I know I'm illeterate, is that how you spell that word? anyways, sorry again for my bad grammar.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Didn't mean to sound snappy, I apologize.

If you don't know what IRC is, then all the better for you - I'll not commercialize it. Let's use a different analogy: IMs. So, you don't have to answer immediately, take your time. And if you do put it through Word's spelling/grammar checker, that's all the better.

But most importantly, remember to enjoy yourself! This RP is first and foremost a source of entertainment! :)

Have fun, ok? :D

#88 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 08:40 AM

I recall in Andromeda, Tyr came with a pack of mercenaries hired by Jerentex. Is this the same in the rp or just Tyria?
Rejected and gone.

#89 Narc

Narc

• Islander
  • 6,930 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 11:50 AM

I doubt it matters much one way or another - but I vote we keep it simple. Just Tyria, okay? Unless you'd like the extra mercenaries?

#90 Jack_and_Kate

Jack_and_Kate
  • Islander
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 04:02 PM

Okay first, Thank you all for the grammar lesson. (not being sarcastic)  Seriously I'll try my best.  Also I knew about goddmodding, I think i mispelled that, but I wasn't sure like how strict you guys were on this thread with it.  Because i've been on some threads where they are extremely strict, and others that are a little lenient.  Believe me I wasn't going to take any character and just go wild with them, the only reason i put that little thing with Mira was because it would be odd to have a post that just said "OH..." and so ya, but if you want to edit it out I understand.  Don't worry I won't use other characters again.  Well I'll ttyl.

#91 Jack_and_Kate

Jack_and_Kate
  • Islander
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 04:08 PM

okay I edited the post, but I left just a simple one word response by Rhade.  If you still want me to take out the whole sentence then I could maybe just erase the whole post, because after all it's just sort of a side note refering to what Harper is doing to the ship, and also giving a glimpse of Daze/Trance's powers.

But if I take out the whole line then I might as well take out the entire post because there's not really a way I can think to work around it, unless someone want's to give me a better idea.  So just tell me what to do and I'll do it.  And please remember to show mercy on me, because I'm fairly new to this, I've only done one other RP like this before, and it was really different in style, so just please have patience while i get adjusted.

#92 Narc

Narc

• Islander
  • 6,930 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 04:10 PM

Actually, you might have gone for "Oh..." and then a description of freezing for a second, to goad Janeta into asking "What?"

You know, something like

"Oh!"

Daze froze for a second and stared off into space, seeing something - only he knew what.

Edited by Narc0tiq, 03 May 2005 - 04:12 PM.

#93 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 05:35 PM

GCross2432, on May 2 2005, 08:54 PM, said:

But if you think this is alot, you probably wouldn't survive in some of the other kinds of rps on the Net.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, she could be playing in my RP.

#94 Jack_and_Kate

Jack_and_Kate
  • Islander
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 08:31 PM

Alright I'll do that, and I'm a he not a she, so thank you.

#95 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 08:45 PM

Sorry. He could be playing in my RP.

#96 GCross2432

GCross2432

• Islander
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 09:52 PM

^ Lol Indeed. I s'pose that could be a good example. Though there are rps out there that are stricter than yours, I'm sure.

~ V.

Keeper of...
The Everlasting Sun
Carson's Laptop
X-men AUs & Kurt's Tail
Jack's Swagger

Icon by MurdocsAngel

#97 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 08:18 PM

Yeah. I used to be in one but the GM kind of wrote everything and when we got together he told us what we were supposed to do. I think everyone quit.

#98 Jack_and_Kate

Jack_and_Kate
  • Islander
  • 155 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 08:47 PM

hey has anyone heard from Janeta?

Because I'm kinda stuck without her (or him?) at the present moment.  Seriously I can't really do anything, because technically Rhade has Daze in custody, so ya, that's all I had to say.

#99 SarvodayaLadaki

SarvodayaLadaki

Love one another.

• Islander
  • 4,120 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 08:57 PM

Janeta's a she, and no I haven't heard from her.
People living deeply have no fear of death.- Anais Nin
---
We need to be the change we wish to see in the world.- Gandhi
---
When Life does not find a singer to sing her heart she produces a philosopher to speak her mind.- Kahlil Gibran
---
The artist formerly known as Gothique_Hobbit.

#100 Narc

Narc

• Islander
  • 6,930 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 09:05 PM

Unfortunately, neither have I.

She hasn't been on IM recently, either.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users