• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 08:54 AM

Here's the link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7602930/

I can't even put into words how pissed this story makes me. The cops should loose their jobs over this. I hope the mother sues the arresting officers professionaly, and personally....put them in the poor house.

A video camera was rolling March 14 as part of a classroom self-improvement exercise. The camera captured images of the girl tearing papers off a bulletin board, climbing on a table and punching an assistant principal before police were called to Fairmount Park Elementary.

Then it shows the child appearing to calm down before three officers approach, pin her arms behind her back and put on handcuffs as she screamed, "No!"

And another site has more info: http://www.blamonet....?threadid=65814

The students were counting jelly beans as part of a math exercise at Fairmount Park Elementary School when the little girl began acting silly. That's when her teacher took away her jelly beans, outraging the child.

Minutes later, the 40-pound girl was in the back of a police cruiser, under arrest for battery. Her hands were bound with plastic ties, her ankles in handcuffs.

Ok, so this is pretty much a kid throwing a tantrum...because the teacher took her jelly beans away. And from having seen the video, the teacher in question is hovering over the child...which only angers the child...but that's besides the point.

They handcuff and shackled a 5 year old girl!? WTF!

It's situations like this that makes me glad I don't have a child...because if this had been my child, I'd want the arresting officers a**es. I'd want their jobs, and try my damnest to press assault charges on them.

The child was sitting quietly, and peacefully, when the cops arrived...bent her over a table and slapped cuffs on...WTF! Man these cops need to be fired...and quickly.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#2 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 09:04 AM

That sounds alot like this case. :oh:

http://www.exisle.ne...34&hl=Handcuffs
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#3 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 09:16 AM

DWF, on Apr 23 2005, 09:04 AM, said:

It is odd, they are similar...yet different. I don't think the police abused the child in that other story.

And after watching the video...if a parent handled their child the way these 3 officers did, that parent would be arrested for felony child abuse...I see no reason why the same rules shouldn't be applied to these cops...the little girl wasn't resisting...she was sitting calmly, before they bent her over the table and slapped cuffs and later schakles on.

MSNBC is reporting that the mother is filing a lawsuit...good for her. Hope they get a ton of money, and these cops loose their job.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#4 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big.

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 09:57 AM

Well, of course the cops had get rough with this tyke-otherwise she would have used the Stone Cold Stunner™ on them. After all, big surprises come in small packages.  :sarcasm:

"WATCHA GONNA DOOOOOOOOO, WHEN THIS FIVE YEAR OLD TERROR UNLEASHES HER WHUP-ASS ON YEEEEEEUUUUUU!!!!!"

:upside:

Edited by Digital Man, 23 April 2005 - 09:57 AM.

Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#5 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 12:20 PM

Digital Man, on Apr 23 2005, 09:57 AM, said:

Well, of course the cops had get rough with this tyke-otherwise she would have used the Stone Cold Stunner™ on them. After all, big surprises come in small packages.  :sarcasm:

"WATCHA GONNA DOOOOOOOOO, WHEN THIS FIVE YEAR OLD TERROR UNLEASHES HER WHUP-ASS ON YEEEEEEUUUUUU!!!!!"

:upside:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LMAO!

#6 WildChildCait

WildChildCait

And from the ashes of fire, she is reborn

• Islander
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 02:06 PM

yeah, but don't forget...this 5 year old was also punching folks, in this case the assistant principal.

She's no angel.

I'm not saying hte police was right...but quite frankly, this little darling isn't right either...and needs to learn some manners desperately.

I don't know many recourses teachers have nowadays...i think they've all been taken away.
RIP Ruby Medallion: 31-10-1999/21-05-2007
one gender-reassigned, world travelling, world class snake.

FKA Chaddee, amongst other things.
http://scentedalchemy.webs.com Custom handmade bath and body products

#7 eloisel

eloisel

Non-sequitur

• Islander
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 02:20 PM

It is a shame the police were called in to handle this matter.  However, for the protection of the other children in the room, that little girl should have been removed.  I'm curious to know what people think the appropriate age is to beging teaching children to respect other people's persons and property.  Or is that something that doesn't start until after they've killed someone or hijacked someone's car?

When my daughter was in kindergarten, one 5-year old boy caused her injury several times.  Once he bashed her into a wall and she had to have 6 stitches in her head.  Another time he threw a clipboard at her that hit her just above the eye - stitches again to close up the gash in her eyebrow.  Another time he pushed her down the stairs at the water garden - sprained ankle.  We'd called the school about this boy and tried to get the parent's phone number so we could talk to them about their son.  But, no - the school couldn't give out that information.  My husband was waiting to pick my daughter up from school and saw the kid run up and smack her in the face with his lunchbox.  My husband chased the kid down and told him if he hit my daughter again, he was going to give her a baseball bat and tell her to have at him.  Suddenly, this kid's parents had our phone number and wanted to come over and fight it out with us.  Their anger abated some when they found out what their son had been doing - but, the kid didn't learn to be a bully in a vacuum.

#8 Spectacles

Spectacles
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 9,632 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 02:34 PM

Yep, I think the handcuffing was going too far, but I saw the video of how the kid was going beserk in the classroom before the police were called. If the mother wants to sue, that's fine. But I'd also like to hear that the mother intends to do something to address her child's behavior. Either she needs to do some better parenting or the girl needs to be evaluated--or both. Otherwise, I'm afraid this won't be the first time this girl finds handcuffs slapped on her.
"Facts are stupid things." -Ronald Reagan at the 1988 Republican National Convention, attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn things"

"Although health care enrollment is actually going pretty well at this point, thousands and maybe millions of Americans have failed to sign up for coverage because they believe the false horror stories they keep hearing." -- Paul Krugman

#9 eloisel

eloisel

Non-sequitur

• Islander
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 03:06 PM

I doubt that will happen, though.  Mom's take on the thing:  "They set my baby up."

I'm watching the video now - have to do it in spurts as I'm on dial-up.  Don't know when the tantrum began, but at the beginning of this clip, the last classmate is removed from the room, the child (Janesha?) is moving around the room, and the teacher is told by someone talking to her on a walkie-talkie that the mother has been notified but that the mother can't get off work until 4(?).  The teacher tells the person to call the mother back and tell her that if the child continues to wreck the room or if she tries to hurt her then she'll have no choice but to call the campus police.  Then the mother says she can't get off until 3 and can't be at the school until about 3:15.  I'm not sure when this took place - I hear them say something about lunch but I'm not sure if it is before lunchtime or after.  The little girl also asks about the other kids and the other teacher.  The teacher tells her they had to leave because (Janesha's) behavior made it unsafe for them to stay.  Why wasn't Janesha taken to the principal's office and let the principal deal with the discipline so the teacher could get back to her job of teaching?  Ah .. never mind I asked that.  The teacher tells Janesha it is time to go to "that little room where they can chill out"  - another teacher and her class are about to come into the room for their class.  But Janesha won't go and instead takes off to tear up more of her classmates work.  Still have to watch the clips from the Asst. Principal's office and the actual arrest.  Interesting that all this is caught on video too.  Wonder how often this kind of thing goes on and there aren't any cameras rolling.

I'm thinking about Roger Moore's film - the part where the young boy (also about 6) came to school with a gun and killed a little girl.  Of course, Moore makes it out to be everybody's fault but the boy's or the fact the kid lived in a crack house and got the gun from his crack selling uncle.

Edited by eloisel, 23 April 2005 - 04:21 PM.

#10 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 03:59 PM

what is all this of police in schools?
when I was in school the teachers handled everything, not even security guards, except this one time a teen threatened others with a pointed gun and the cops were called and hauled him off

but really, in this case 5yr old is preschool or kindergarten- police in those???
the teacher should have hauled the girl to the principal's office, then return to teach class, no muss no fuss, and the day goes on

I can't believe teachers calling police unless a weapon is involved; and I can't believe handcuff unless a weapon is there- I mean, in my day when teens fought in the hall, and that's even different than a 5 yr old, two teachers would come out and grab the teens and haul them off to the office to face suspensions and detensions and reports to parents and all kinds of penalties.

Police??
(and in kindergarten?)
I can't believe all this
"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

#11 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 03:59 PM

eloisel, on Apr 23 2005, 03:06 PM, said:

I doubt that will happen, though.  Mom's take on the thing:  "They set my baby up."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True. The mother doesn't seem to want to acknowledge the fact that her duaghter *was* being disruptive, and combative...but the cops were definately wrong...When they arrived the child was sitting calmly, not acting up. Until they grabbed her by the arms, foricibly bent her over the table, slapped cuffs on hands and later feet.

As for what you went through with the school...my sympathies. Did you ask how the other parents got your number? if it was from the school I'd definately question them as to why they wouldn't give you their number, but had no problem releasing yours.

Also, according to the school, they contacted the mother who couldn't get their right away...So they then contact the police? WTF is up with that?

#12 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 04:21 PM

This incident, along with the other thread mentioned here, makes me wonder if the 911 operator really *was* joking about coming over an shooting the out of control daughter? Perhaps he was really serious? Given the way the police seem to enjoy putting their hands on little kids....Hmmm, not unlike certain priests.

#13 eloisel

eloisel

Non-sequitur

• Islander
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 05:28 PM

Wow - I'm watching the clip from the Asst. Principal's office now.  The tantrum has escalated.  Janesha is tearing things off the walls, apparently she has already trashed the office from the looks of the floor, and she's jumping all over the place, climbing up on bookcases.  For about a minute and a half she attacked the teacher.  I saw her slap the teacher in the classroom, but now she is using her fists.  This teacher is showing some remarkable restraint - just touching the kid to remove her from off the bookcase and chair, trying to limit Janesha's range to wreak havoc in, and protecting herself from the kid's punches.   Interesting background coversation that they are glad they are getting this on tape because the teachers aren't allowed to touch the students.  Note the kid's shoelaces are untied - an accident waiting to happen with all the climbing on top of the furniture she is doing.

So far as Janesha sitting in the chair calmly when the police arrived - if you look at the clip, she is continuing her attacks and climbing up on the furniture right up until the policeman walks into the office.

So far as the mother not being able to get there right away - when the police arrive, the teacher tells them she called the mother again when they brought Janesha to the office - about 45 minutes earlier.  So far I've seen only about 12 minutes of film regarding this incident, but it apparently took place over a much longer period of time.  Another snippet of conversation - the policeman says to Janesha, "You remember me?  I'm the one you told your mom put handcuffs on you."  ???  What, this officer put handcuffs on this kid before?

My daughter's incidents in school were a very long time ago - she is just 2 weeks shy of 30 now.  However, kids have always had tantrums and been bullies, just the way the school deals with disruptive children has changed.   Probably because of the school killings and incidents such as the one in the Moore film.  Certainly the violence has escalated among the teenagers.

#14 ZipperInt

ZipperInt
  • Islander
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 05:44 PM

It is sad that the teachers aren't allowed to contain the kids using more than just words; I remember in my elementary school teachers would appropriately hold kids down on the ground when they had out of control tantrums - but I suppose that some districts feel even allowing the teachers to use force would encourage the odd teacher on a power trip to abuse that power. In my elementary school, police were almost never called (only in cases of vandalism IIRC), and I don't recall ANYONE being handcuffed - police are/should be trained to deal with situations without resorting to handcuffs, although I'm not in a position to make judgment in this particular case.

Edited by ZipperInt, 23 April 2005 - 05:45 PM.

The second greatest podcast in the history of ever:
http://geeksonaplain.blogspot.com/

#15 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 06:08 PM

eloisel, on Apr 23 2005, 05:28 PM, said:

Wow - I'm watching the clip from the Asst. Principal's office now.  The tantrum has escalated.  Janesha is tearing things off the walls, apparently she has already trashed the office from the looks of the floor, and she's jumping all over the place, climbing up on bookcases.  For about a minute and a half she attacked the teacher.  I saw her slap the teacher in the classroom, but now she is using her fists.  This teacher is showing some remarkable restraint - just touching the kid to remove her from off the bookcase and chair, trying to limit Janesha's range to wreak havoc in, and protecting herself from the kid's punches.   Interesting background coversation that they are glad they are getting this on tape because the teachers aren't allowed to touch the students.

I'll grant that the teacher is in a no win situation here. She can't let the child continue trowing things, and can't physically restrain the child. However, however over a child like she is only serves to aggreviate the situation.

So far as Janesha sitting in the chair calmly when the police arrived - if you look at the clip, she is continuing her attacks and climbing up on the furniture right up until the policeman walks into the office.

We must not be watching the same footage. The footage I saw showed the girl sitting calmly in the chair, until the cops come, move the table, snatch her by her arms, bend her over the table, and slap the cuffs on.

Another snippet of conversation - the policeman says to Janesha, "You remember me?  I'm the one you told your mom put handcuffs on you."  ???  What, this officer put handcuffs on this kid before?

:eek4:  So this particular officer has slapped cuffs on this child before? And the mother did nothing!

My daughter's incidents in school were a very long time ago - she is just 2 weeks shy of 30 now.  However, kids have always had tantrums and been bullies, just the way the school deals with disruptive children has changed.   Probably because of the school killings and incidents such as the one in the Moore film.  Certainly the violence has escalated among the teenagers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's not only the school though...I know when I got in trouble at school my greatest fear was the school calling my mother. Because if my mother found out, I was in for some serious discipline. My mom didn't put up with a lot of s**t.

But the police seem to be getting out of hand when it comes to dealing with students in schools. And I'm not just talking about these two incidents...there was that high school getsapo raid in SC...Where the cops came in guns blazing, point the rifles at the students, slapping cuffs on them and making them lay face down...sort of the way the taliban did with some people. Only difference being the taliban executed their prisoners.

The cops merely traumatized theirs while looking for drugs...drugs which were never found.

#16 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 06:19 PM

according to AOL news:

Police declined to comment, citing an official complaint by Akins that has sparked an investigation by the supervisor of the four officers who were present. Two are new officers who were being trained that day.

I only saw 3 cops, guess the fourth was off camera. As for the new officers...what a first day...They learn how to arrest a 40lb 5year old little girl, before the little girl can lay the Smack Down on them....What a collar for these officers. It should rank right up their with Saddam, McVeigh, ect.

#17 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 06:32 PM

I haven't seen the tape, but if it as bad as it is, and teachers are not allowed to physically restrain children or even touch them, what should have been their recourse? The should have given the mother the ultimatum: you leave work and come here now, or we're calling the police.

Maybe then she would have left work sooner  :glare:

Either that or they need a room thats empty and can't really be damaged like a classroom/office to hold children... but you may have to force the child in there.
Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#18 eloisel

eloisel

Non-sequitur

• Islander
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 12:26 AM

We must not be watching the same footage. The footage I saw showed the girl sitting calmly in the chair, until the cops come, move the table, snatch her by her arms, bend her over the table, and slap the cuffs on.
We probably are.  Are you watching it with sound?  Janesha is still in the tantrum when she walks up to the door and the teacher is telling her again for the umpteenth time that her behavior is unacceptable and that she needs to sit down.  Suddenly, Janesha turns from the door and the camera and walks over to the chair and sits down.  You can see the back of the police officer's jacket as he walks into the room as Janesha is sitting down.  She had seen the officer coming and then complied with the teacher.  It may appear she is sitting calmly, but you can hear the policeman talking to the teacher.  As it appears she had been handcuffed before she may have calmed down only because the officer was present and she hoped to keep from being handcuffed again.  She is only 5 and hasn't yet learned the long term consequences for her actions.

Still, it seems this is at least the second recent incident where the police were called to handle an unruly child, not counting the one where the disptacher made the stupid remark.  Why are we at this point where police are called to handle a kid being a typical brat?  I think we've bitched ourselves into a corner.  We don't want the school disciplining our children and we don't want parents disciplining their children.  Who is left to do it?  I still wonder why the campus police weren't called instead - as the teacher stated in the beginning of the first clip, and which the school states is the procedure - because the campus police are trained to deal with the younger set.

So far as the mom not doing anything, if she is a single mother she may have to stay at work to earn a living to support Janesha's other needs - like a place to live, food to eat, clothes to wear, and medical care.  Plus, if Janesha is the problem child she appears to be, mom may have already been off so much that she is in or near violation of an attendance policy at work and she was worried about losing her job.  She may very well feel the school should be able to handle what should be a simple disciplinary problem.  However, in today's environment, simple discipline isn't what it used to be.

However, as it now appears, mom has a lawyer and they intend to sue the school/police.  Yet again, the symptom is the focus and the problem is left to fester.  Instead of getting Janesha into a proper environment to handle her special needs while educating her so she has more in store for her future than becoming a prison inmate, mom and lawyer need to make a few bucks now.

#19 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 02:54 AM

eloisel, on Apr 24 2005, 12:26 AM, said:

We probably are.  Are you watching it with sound?  Janesha is still in the tantrum when she walks up to the door and the teacher is telling her again for the umpteenth time that her behavior is unacceptable and that she needs to sit down.  Suddenly, Janesha turns from the door and the camera and walks over to the chair and sits down.  You can see the back of the police officer's jacket as he walks into the room as Janesha is sitting down.  She had seen the officer coming and then complied with the teacher.  It may appear she is sitting calmly, but you can hear the policeman talking to the teacher.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

See, this just goes to show how the media twists things. I didn't see what you just described...The footage I was shown on MSNBC showed the part where she's acting up in class...then they switch to where she is already sitting down...then the officers come in and put the cuffs on her. I didn't hear the cop talking with the teacher...they didn't show the kid walking to the chair when she saw the cops...they showed her already sitting.

#20 eloisel

eloisel

Non-sequitur

• Islander
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 05:39 AM

Agreed on the manipulation in the media.  It seems the general readership never gets the full story, the follow up on the story, or even the unbiased version of the story.  I'd still like to know what became of the cat trapped in the neighbor's house while he was away on vacation but there is no follow up story.

What is it in us as a society that we'd rather hear that establishment figures - police, government, schools - are corrupted and criminal?  I thought that was something that went out of style when I was still a teenager - maybe it is just because I'm firmly entrenched in the establishment.

Back to the video - I've only seen just about 12 minutes of it, yet the tantrum lasted at least 45 minutes.  At the beginning of the first clip, the tantrum was already under way, the last classmate being removed from the room, and the mother had already been called and was about to be called again.  The second clip begins in the assistant principal's office which is already a mess from Janesha's tantrum.  I've read that Janesha attacked the assistant principal, too, but that is not in the clip.  When the officers arrive, the teacher told the policeman that they had called the mother again about 45 minutes earlier when they first got to the assistant principal's office.  At the minimum, there is about half an hour of video of this event that I haven't seen - or they didn't have tape of.

I think Ms. Akin, Janesha's mother, will find in a court of law the jurors will not be as sympathetic to her cause as she would like.  If the clips I've seen are the ones the mother's lawyers plans to use in hopes of convincing jurors that Janesha was mistreated, I think it will backfire.  When played in entirety, it does not look at all like the police roughed Janesha up to put handcuffs on her.  Other parents, while not wanting their children to be arrested, will also not want their children subjected to a violent child like Janesha on a daily basis.  

I think the prosecutor was correct in determining a 5 year old child would not be prosecuted for a violent tantrum.  I think the police did the correct thing in restraining the child to keep her from continuing her violent outburst while they removed her from the school.  I think the mother, while understandably upset over the seemingly adult treatment of her child, needs to take a different tact.  The school system needs to work with Janesha's mother, and she with them, to work out an educational plan for Janesha where she will be in a smaller classroom with a higher teacher ratio and regular visits with a child psychologist.  I'd rather see this kid get some help with her aggression and narcisstic issues now, while she is 5, than blow it off until she has committed a serious crime that will affect the rest of her life.

A brief explanation on the restraint issue:  Last year in my hometown, a young man was arrested for being intoxicated and causing an auto accident.  He was violent at the time of the arrest and was restrained and put in the back of a police car.  He managed to get free of his restraints, kicked out the police car window and dove out onto the highway while the car was in motion.  The two police cars following the one the arrested individual was in unavoidably hit the man just after he landed on the pavement.  The man was killed.

Now, considering Janesha's behavior in the classroom - walking away from the teachers to tear up more of her classmates property - then in the assistant principal's office, climbing on the furniture, lunging at the teacher with her fists, jumping up and ripping things off the walls, and her subsequent struggle with at least 3 police officers - there is no telling what kind of damage she could do herself if her natural fight or flee mechanism kicked in while she was in the police car.  Now, whether she should have been in the police car period is another question - like if they knew the mother was on the way and would arrive at any minute, why didn't they just hold Janesha until her mother arrived?  The previous incident where the same officer had handcuffed Janesha needs to be brought into this investigation.  The officer's prior experince with the mother over a similar incident might explain why they opted to take Janesha out of the school.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 5-year old, handcuffs, police, school, jelly beans, Education, 2005

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users