108 replies to this topic

#101 Anakam

Anakam

Way Star

• Islander
  • 13,862 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 08:10 AM

^
I've been getting five to ten spam emails a day offering a pack of the cards or something like that.  They've all been getting deleted, but I don't mind sharing spam.... :devil:
Sailing free, boundless glimmer, golden whispers, fiery poise, delicate balance, grave and true, bound by earth, feared horizons, courageous steps unknown, shimmering future hidden yet unveiled....

I think you're the first female cast member to *insist* on playing a guy ;) - Iolanthe, on my cross-casting obsession.

This royal throne of kings, this scepter'd isle, this earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, this other Eden, demi-paradise, this fortress built by Nature for herself... - John of Gaunt, Act II, Scene I, Richard II

"I think perhaps that was a sub-optimal phrasing for the maintenance of harmony within the collective." - Omega, here

"Courtesy is how we got civilized. The blind assertion of rights is what threatens to decivilize us. Everybody's got lots of rights that are set out legally. Responsibilities are not enumerated, for good reason, but they are set into the social fabric. Is it such a sacrifice to not be an a**hole?" - Jenny Smith on Usenet, via Jid, via Kathy

#102 CJ AEGIS

CJ AEGIS

Warship Guru!

• Islander
  • 6,847 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 08:13 AM

mystic, on Apr 25 2003, 04:49 AM, said:

Where would one get a deck of theses cards, my dad *really* wants a pack. :p ;)
It help if you know an acquisition expert on the inside with connections.   :angel:   That or they are as Anakam said on sale all over the internet.  :cool:
"History has proven too often and too recently that the nation which relaxes its defenses invites attack."
        -Fleet Admiral Nimitz
"Their sailors say they should have flight pay and sub pay both -- they're in the air half the time, under the water the other half""
        - Ernie Pyle: Aboard a DE

#103 jon3831

jon3831

Iolanthe's evil conservative twin

• Islander
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 08:18 AM

The Deck o' Cards

Enjoy!

:cool:
"The issue is not war and peace, rather, how best to   preserve our freedom."
                    --General Russell E. Dougherty, USAF

WWCELeMD?

#104 eryn

eryn

So, a baby seal walks into a club...

• Islander
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 08:57 AM

Ooooo! Thanks guys :D

{{{{Jon}}}}
{{{{CJ}}}}
{{{{Anakam}}}}

*grin*

mystic
If you watch the news and don't like it, then this is your counter program to the news.
Jon Stewart

My Flickr

#105 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 09:26 AM

jon3831, on Apr 25 2003, 05:02 AM, said:

now that is just sick

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#106 CJ AEGIS

CJ AEGIS

Warship Guru!

• Islander
  • 6,847 posts

Posted 26 April 2003 - 09:15 AM

It looks like our "friends" the Turks might need a wakeup call.

The Turks Enter Iraq: A Turkish Special Forces team is caught by U.S. troops in Kurdistan  

In the days after U.S. forces captured Saddam's powerbase in Tikrit, a dozen Turkish Special Forces troops were dispatched south from Turkey. Their target: the northern oil city of Kirkuk, now controlled by the U.S. 173rd Airborne Division's 3rd Brigade. Using the pretext of accompanying humanitarian aid the elite soldiers passed through the northern city of Arbil on Tuesday. They wore civilian clothes, their vehicles lagging behind a legitimate aid convoy. They'd hoped to pass unnoticed. But at a checkpoint on the outskirts of Kirkuk they ran into trouble. "We were waiting for them," says a U.S. paratroop officer.

The Turkish Special Forces team put up no resistance though a mean arsenal was discovered in their cars, including a variety of AK-47s, M4s, grenades, body armor and night vision goggles. "They did not come here with a pure heart," says U.S. brigade commander Col. Bill Mayville. "Their objective is to create an environment that can be used by Turkey to send a large peacekeeping force into Kirkuk."

Edited by CJ AEGIS, 26 April 2003 - 09:26 AM.

"History has proven too often and too recently that the nation which relaxes its defenses invites attack."
        -Fleet Admiral Nimitz
"Their sailors say they should have flight pay and sub pay both -- they're in the air half the time, under the water the other half""

#107 CJ AEGIS

CJ AEGIS

Warship Guru!

• Islander
  • 6,847 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 06:51 PM

This looks very promising.   You don't often find pesticides and missiles stored side by side...

US Testing Chemicals Found in Northern Iraq

A special forces reconnaissance team found 14 unmarked barrels, at least a dozen missiles and 150 gas masks at a site east of Baiji, 112 miles northwest of Baghdad, on Friday, ABC News said in a report on its Web site on Sunday.

A platoon of chemical weapons experts from the Army's 1-10 Cavalry was sent to the area and tests on one of the 55-gallon barrels were conducted on Saturday, it said.

"Lt. Valerie Phipps and her squad used three different methods to test liquid from one of the barrels. The preliminary tests showed it to be a mixture of three chemicals, including a nerve agent and blistering agent," ABC News said.

-Fleet Admiral Nimitz

#108 usmarox

usmarox

Honi soit y mal y Kevlar

• Islander
  • 617 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 09:01 PM

Well, if it can be verified (by who? No-one trusts the UK or the US to do it, and we don't trust the UN), then that shuts up the "But they don't have chemical weapons!" crowd quite nicely.  About bloody time, too.
Miscellaneous ramblings and utter negativity - my LJ

You are not free, whose liberty is won by other, more righteous souls.  You are merely protected.  You suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return.  Now, the time has come for you to pay for that freedom, and you will pay in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

Inquisitor Czevak, Address to the Council of Ryanti.  

And no less true for being fictional.

Two ears, one mouth.  Use them in that ratio.

#109 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 09:08 PM

usmarox, on Apr 27 2003, 11:51 AM, said:

Well, if it can be verified (by who? No-one trusts the UK or the US to do it, and we don't trust the UN), then that shuts up the "But they don't have chemical weapons!" crowd quite nicely.  About bloody time, too.
As a side note, I find it *deeply* ironic that many of the same pundits saying that the lack of weapons found to date is 'embarassing' are the same ones who maintained that 12 years wasn't enough to do the job.

How about 12 weeks?
St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Iraq, Updates

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users