#1 White Tiger

White Tiger

God, The Universe and everything...

• Islander
  • 2,815 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 11:19 AM

http://www.malepregnancy.com/

Whatever floats your boat :blink:
Hatred ever kills, love never dies such is the vast difference between the two. What is obtained by love is retained for all time. What is obtained by hatred proves a burden in reality for it increases hatred.
M.Ghandi.
And the ONE MILLIONTH POSTER ON EXISLE!

#2 Nikcara

Nikcara

confused little imp

• Islander
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 11:57 AM

There are several reasons I don't believe this

For one, the EKG is too constant...it's just a single normal sinus on loop.  There also wouldn't be a "live" ultrasound at all times...there simply wouldn't be a nurse sitting next to him with the sensor 24/7.  This is aside the fact that men don't have a uterus for the child to grow in, and inducing an ectopic pregnancy in anyone is the sort of thing that would get the funding pulled for whatever research immediatly.  It's simply too dangerous, aside from the fact that any fetus would die within the first few months of pregnancy at best.

So basically this thing is a hoax.  A well made hoax, but a hoax no the less.
We have fourty million reasons for failure, but not a single excuse  -- Rudyard Kipling

Develop compassion for your enemies, that is genuine compassion.  Limited compassion cannot produce this altruism.  -- H. H. the Dalai Lama

#3 Nikcara

Nikcara

confused little imp

• Islander
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 12:01 PM

here are a few sites that also support my initial beliefs

http://forums.unfict...pic.php?p=33631

http://faculty.gouch...ity_testing.htm
We have fourty million reasons for failure, but not a single excuse  -- Rudyard Kipling

Develop compassion for your enemies, that is genuine compassion.  Limited compassion cannot produce this altruism.  -- H. H. the Dalai Lama

#4 White Tiger

White Tiger

God, The Universe and everything...

• Islander
  • 2,815 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 09:49 AM

LOL! Thank god...it was a bit to weid for me
Hatred ever kills, love never dies such is the vast difference between the two. What is obtained by love is retained for all time. What is obtained by hatred proves a burden in reality for it increases hatred.
M.Ghandi.
And the ONE MILLIONTH POSTER ON EXISLE!

#5 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 01:47 PM

POP! The first male pregnancy!?  Too funny!  :hehe:

Nonny
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#6 janeta-marie siri

janeta-marie siri
  • Islander
  • 4,932 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 11:05 PM

Wow!

this is...um.... odd... :p
The golden Trancer

Purple duck have no place in kitchen... amen.

#7 entroki

entroki
  • Islander
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 11:06 PM

It's fake. You can tell by the fact that it's been up for years.
"A Nietzschean walks into a bar with a potato on his head, so the bartender says, 'Hey Uber, what's with the tuber?' And the Niet shoves the guy a goober right up his tumor."
--Hart's Bad Drom Jokes, Vol. 1, #1

Keeper of Harper's bed restraints (ITL).
Keeper of Slartibartfast's fjords.
Owner of:
4 Harper clones, various
1 Picard clone (it was an accident)
1 Tyr clone

#8 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 09:19 AM

^ yeah that too :D I remember coming across this six mths ago or more. How long are they going to leave the kid in there? ;) :hehe:
Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#9 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 09:26 AM

A female cabbie in, I think, Boston, once stated that if men got pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament.  :angel:

Nonny
Posted Image

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#10 Norville

Norville
  • Islander
  • 4,501 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 11:46 AM

^ I've read that one, Nonny, long ago -- but it wasn't attributed to a Boston cabbie. So maybe it's something that various women decide in their lives. :wideeyed:
"The dew has fallen with a particularly sickening thud this morning."
- Marvin the Paranoid Android, "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"

Rules for Surviving an Autocracy
Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
http://www.nybooks.c...s-for-survival/

#11 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 12:34 PM

Norville, on May 3 2005, 08:46 AM, said:

^ I've read that one, Nonny, long ago -- but it wasn't attributed to a Boston cabbie. So maybe it's something that various women decide in their lives. :wideeyed:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, it was a while ago, and it's been attributed to Florynce Kennedy, but she said she was sharing a cab with another woman, they were discussing abortion, and the Irish Catholic female cabbie said that to them.  At least that's the way I heard it.  :)  

Nonny
Posted Image

#12 eloisel

eloisel

Non-sequitur

• Islander
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 08:57 PM

Oh, if men could give birth to babies it would become a contest - who gave birth to the biggest, to the most, first, while hanging from a mountain top, while dodging an ocean full of sharks, carried it the longest ... and then they'd go home and be pitiful to their wives - just whine and eat and whine and watch TV.  For certain, though, healthcare for pregnant persons would improve immensely and a year or two paternity leave would be a given.  Regardless of who gave birth, though, guess who would be changing the diapers?

#13 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 09:11 AM

^ :lol:  Got that right!  :hehe:

Nonny
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Medicine, Male Pregnancy, Hoax, 2005

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users