• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 usmarox

usmarox

Honi soit y mal y Kevlar

• Islander
  • 617 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 06:42 PM

For those of you who watch Iraqi press conferences because you can't believe your ears, and for those of you who think he has a post-war career in stand-up comedy, read this:

We Love The Iraqi Information Minister!

If you have no sense of humor (you know who you are), say nothing.

Edited by Certifiably Cait, 27 August 2012 - 02:22 PM.

Miscellaneous ramblings and utter negativity - my LJ

You are not free, whose liberty is won by other, more righteous souls.  You are merely protected.  You suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return.  Now, the time has come for you to pay for that freedom, and you will pay in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

Inquisitor Czevak, Address to the Council of Ryanti.  

And no less true for being fictional.

Two ears, one mouth.  Use them in that ratio.

#2 the 'Hawk

the 'Hawk
  • Islander
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 07:32 PM

Ah, how this guy amuses me ;)

It's good to know he's got a following.

Otherwise I would've had to start one.

:cool:
“Now is the hour, Riders of Rohan, oaths you have taken! Now, fulfil them all! To lord and land!”  
~ Eomer, LotR:RotK

#3 Neptunian

Neptunian
  • Islander
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 08:40 PM

And the legend is born...   :wideeyed:

#4 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 10:08 PM

ROFL!!!!

St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. § 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#5 MovieImp

MovieImp

Ka-Bloomie!

• Islander
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 10:14 PM

That Iraq minister might be getting a run for his money with that we have won except for technicalities quote from the other guy.  That one had me on the floor LMAO. However the shear volume is impressive.   :D
It's a Girl Thing Sparkle!

#6 CJ AEGIS

CJ AEGIS

Warship Guru!

• Islander
  • 6,847 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 11:00 PM

This guy might have Tokyo Rose beat....  for being off on his own little planet.  :p  :lol:
"History has proven too often and too recently that the nation which relaxes its defenses invites attack."
        -Fleet Admiral Nimitz
"Their sailors say they should have flight pay and sub pay both -- they're in the air half the time, under the water the other half""
        - Ernie Pyle: Aboard a DE

#7 JustMe

JustMe

What a spectacle.

• Islander
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 11:46 PM

ROFLOL!!!  This guy is (was ?) terribly entertaining.  

Two of my favorites:

"God will roast their stomachs in hell at the hands of Iraqis."   (This would put the Iraqis where? ;) )

About Bush and Rumsfeld: "Those only deserve to be hit with shoes."

Edited by JustMe, 12 April 2003 - 12:00 AM.

#8 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,809 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 11:47 PM

Well, just to be fair to the guy... Saddam was the kind of dictator who believes in killing the bearer of bad news.  So everyone around him had to learn to avoid admitting that anything bad was happening, just in order to stay alive.  Which of course is why Saddam has been such an ineffectual military leader -- because he probably never even knew what was actually going on, because his advisors were too afraid to tell him!
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#9 Norville

Norville
  • Islander
  • 4,501 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 12:04 AM

Oh, yes, this lad had his very own thread here already:
Iraqi Minister of Misinformation

But that page is... unique. I've bookmarked it. :lol:

"...They have started throwing those pencils, but they are not pencils, they are booby traps to kill the children."

:blink:

About Bush and Rumsfeld: "Those only deserve to be hit with shoes."

I'd hit Rumsfeld with a shoe just to keep him from *whining*. His tone at press conferences could really use some work. There's this alien concept called "dignity", which I wish more people would learn...
"The dew has fallen with a particularly sickening thud this morning."
- Marvin the Paranoid Android, "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"

Rules for Surviving an Autocracy
Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
http://www.nybooks.c...s-for-survival/

#10 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 12:07 AM

LOL @ all, especially JM

Chris-- That's true, of course... but whether he believes it or is just Saddam's mouthpiece, it's still enertaining.
St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. § 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#11 Anna

Anna

Island Native

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 12:46 AM

Norville, on Apr 11 2003, 02:53 PM, said:

I'd hit Rumsfeld with a shoe just to keep him from *whining*. His tone at press conferences could really use some work. There's this alien concept called "dignity", which I wish more people would learn...
On the other hand, there are those of us who love Rumsfeld press conferences. Personally, I get a big kick out of watching him schwack the press. That's something that's been waaaaaaaay overdue in my book! :cool: That' press room isn't a place for a reporter if he wants to be mollycoddled. Rumsfeld doesn't take those "So, have you stopped beating your wife?" questions sitting down.

YMMV. It's good entertainment for me! :p

Anna
Seldom do we regret words we do not speak.

--------------

Amendment X: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

#12 MuseZack

MuseZack

132nd S.O.C.

• Demigod
  • 5,432 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 01:08 AM

RPITA, on Apr 11 2003, 09:35 PM, said:

Norville, on Apr 11 2003, 02:53 PM, said:

On the other hand, there are those of us who love Rumsfeld press conferences. Personally, I get a big kick out of watching him schwack the press. That's something that's been waaaaaaaay overdue in my book! :cool: That' press room isn't a place for a reporter if he wants to be mollycoddled. Rumsfeld doesn't take those "So, have you stopped beating your wife?" questions sitting down.

Anna
Here's a great interview with Rumsfeld from early March, by a journalist that actually bothered to do some research.  Each of them gives as good as he gets:  http://news.bbc.co.u...cas/2819931.stm
"Some day, after we have mastered the wind, the waves, the tides, and gravity,
We shall harness for God the energies of Love.
Then, for the second time in the history of the world,
we will have discovered fire."
--Father Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

#13 the 'Hawk

the 'Hawk
  • Islander
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 02:56 AM

MuseZack, on Apr 11 2003, 05:57 PM, said:

Here's a great interview with Rumsfeld from early March, by a journalist that actually bothered to do some research.
Thank you for that, Zack. That would've been fun to watch-- I can just see Rumsfeld getting all hot under the collar at so many points of this interview! LOL!

:cool:
“Now is the hour, Riders of Rohan, oaths you have taken! Now, fulfil them all! To lord and land!”  
~ Eomer, LotR:RotK

#14 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,809 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 04:54 AM

RPITA, on Apr 11 2003, 04:35 PM, said:

Rumsfeld and I see eye to eye on very few things, but the press is one of them.  How nice to see someone who puts reporters who ask stupid questions in their place.  Like the one who whined, "Some pundits said the war would be over in a week, why isn't it?"  Somebody teach this guy the difference between speculation and fact?  But then, if reporters today knew that, they'd have about 75% less to say....
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#15 Norville

Norville
  • Islander
  • 4,501 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 06:53 AM

Hey, I don't have a problem with the press getting slapped for the stupidity of some of their questions. I'm just rather sensitive to tone of voice, and *whining* gets on my nerves fast. (Kids can give me headaches like *that*.) I just feel that a grown man shouldn't WHINE. :p
"The dew has fallen with a particularly sickening thud this morning."
- Marvin the Paranoid Android, "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"

Rules for Surviving an Autocracy
Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
http://www.nybooks.c...s-for-survival/

#16 Ro-Astarte

Ro-Astarte

goddess of love and blowing things up

• Islander
  • 3,842 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 06:09 PM

Well, just as a reminder that even a clown can be dangerous, did y'all see the CNN story about how "Baghdad Bob" threatened the CNN Bureau Chief in Baghdad, Eason Jordan, that any team he sent to Kurdish controlled territory would be facing killed.  (of course, he didn't use the word "killed").

Then the Kurds caught two men who had been sent with "a ton" of explosives to blow up the CNN compound in Kurdistan.

Clearly a scary clown, but he still made me laugh for sheer exuberant absurdity.

Ro

#17 usmarox

usmarox

Honi soit y mal y Kevlar

• Islander
  • 617 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 07:45 PM

The most interesting thing I've seen about him is that, apparently, the US aren't after him.  I recall seeing something to the effect that he wasn't a "core leadership figure" or somesuch, and wasn't therefore a high priority.  I'll try and dig up a source for that, if I can remember where I found it.  Although it'll be interesting to see how/if that position changes with the recent CNN "revelations", questionable or not.
Miscellaneous ramblings and utter negativity - my LJ

You are not free, whose liberty is won by other, more righteous souls.  You are merely protected.  You suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return.  Now, the time has come for you to pay for that freedom, and you will pay in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

Inquisitor Czevak, Address to the Council of Ryanti.  

And no less true for being fictional.

Two ears, one mouth.  Use them in that ratio.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Iraq, Information Minister

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users