• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 NexusNine

NexusNine

The Dystopian Cyber-Punk

• Islander
  • 4,292 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 11:11 PM

Hi, folks, it's Slipfighter here to give all of you a little insight into the festivities and atmosphere of one of the biggest Anime conventions on the east coast, Anime Boston 2005.  An estimate of over 7,000 people attended Anime Boston 2005, literally thousands more people than in the previous year, and for the most part the atmosphere was completely friendly and well received.  There was plenty of cosplaying, many whom had terrifically designed costumes, and the dealers room was packed with everything from Anime DVDs/VHS tapes and Manga, to cult Japanese live action films and action figures.  There was an awesome video gaming room with both domestic and import games and a role playing room for tabletop RPGs and card games, plus video rooms showing Anime nearly 24/7.  So without ado, lets get a little more into the specifics of the convention.  I'll break this down by the days.  

Friday  

My group and I got into Boston at about 12:00 PM Friday afternoon.  We checked in to the Boston Plaza Hotel and immediately walked over to the Hynes Convention Center and picked up our pre-registration passes, and then walked over to the mall to pick up lunch at the California Pizza Kitchen, which, by the way, has excellent pizza. :)  

But let's get back to the convention.  

At 3:00 PM my group and I split off to find the various activities going on.  I decided on checking out the Johnny Young Bosch panel.  

Johnny Young Bosch - Overall, not much was given for new projects he's currently working on, as he wasn't allowed to talk about much at all in that area, but he was able to give a lot of insight into how he landed various roles, including the part of Vash the Stampede in Trigun.  It was interesting to find out there was another voice actor originally hired to play Vash before he was, and that he was brought in to see if he could capture the essence of the original Japanese voice actor better.  Johnny really has a very good personality, is a nice guy that didn't mind joking with the fans, and presents himself very well.  He sampled some of his voice work for us, joked around, and gave some great advice for those who may find themselves pursuing a career as a voice actor.  It was a pleasure to attend his panel, and I can tell you that with a personality like his, it's no wonder why he was able to pull Vash off. :cool:  

After the panel I met up with my group and spent some time in the Dealer's Room looking at the various things to buy.  At about 20 minute to 5 I our group again split to find various thing to do.  I took off for Monica Rial's and Cynthia Martinez's autograph session.  I got my program guide signed by Monica, as I didn't have anything that she's done work on with me, and talked to her for a little while about conventions and Boston.  Anime Boston is one of her favorite conventions to attend, and she loves the city.  She has a wonderful personality. :)  She's very spunky, loves to have fun, and is very down to Earth.  Cynthia is a lot like Monica, she's very spunky, loves to have fun, and was having a blast at Anime Boston 2005.  She signed the sleeve to one of my old Slayers tapes.  

After the signing I met up my group and took a walk over to the mall again.  We hung out there for about 30 minutes and then walked back over to the Hynes Convention Center to attend the Who's Line is it Anime event at 7:00 PM.  

Who's Line is it Anime - Who's Line is it Anime is obviously a take on Who's Line is it Anyway that stared four of the voice actors who attended the convention.  In attendance were Cynthia Martinez, Chris Patton, Greg Ayres, and Scott McNeil, with a special guest appearance by Brianne Siddall.  This event was an absolute riot.  The voice actors were wonderful and funny, and while all of them did a great job, both Scott and Greg was just so on their game.  Scott and Greg are excellent at improv acting? absolutely top notch.  Both had the entire crowd rolling on the floor.  Great stuff. :cool:  

After Who's line is it Anime, my group and I took some time just to walk around the convention center and explore a bit.  At 10:00 PM our group split again while I headed over to the Codename Robotech panel.  

Codename Robotech - Codename Robotech was hosted by Kevin McKeever, Operations Coordinator at Harmony Gold, and kick the panel off by handing out vintage Robotech comics from Comico Comics to everyone attending the panel.  He then started up a trivia game, giving out great Robotech prizes to those who answered his questions correctly.  I, at this point, proceeded to win over $300 worth of Robotech/Macross merchandise! :blink:  :cool: This is what I won:  

- The third boxset of the original Super Dimension Fortress Macross series from AnimEigo and Harmony Gold.

- The first boxset of Robotech: The Extended Re-mastered Edition.  

- Max Sterling's Masterpiece Collection VF-1J Veritech with an original Max Sterling Cell drawing by Tommy Yune.  

- Roy Fokker's Masterpiece Collection VF-1S Skull-1 Veritech.  

Not bad, huh? :cool:  I had to will myself to stop answering questions so that other folks could win stuff, too. :blush: Anyway, let's get on with the rest of the panel discussion. :)  After the trivia game, Kevin broke out the rarely shown Codename Robotech, which is a 70 minute extended version of the episode Gloval's report, recapping the series up to that point.  It was originally used as a pilot to shop Robotech around to the various networks.  It was a cool film to watch, and a nice look at the Robotech universe.  One of the folks sitting by me was just getting into Robotech and had only read the books, and not seen the show at that point.  The film blew him away, and now he wants to collect the series very much. :cool:  After the film we got to get an early look at the new series Robotech: Shadow Chronicles as the footage we got to see wasn't supposed to be shown until the following night at the official Shadow Chronicles panel, but since it was already about 11:30 PM at night, Kevin wanted to show his appreciation to us for being there so late.  The footage shown was from the 60-second PSA Harmony Gold animated for the 60th anniversary of the United Nations, but the production and character designs are were all straight from the production team animating Shadow Chronicles, so the PSA is an accurate representation of what to expect from Shadow Chronicles... and let me tell you, folks, I like what I saw. :cool:  The panel continued with a question an answer session.  During the session I mentioned that I heard that Shadow Chronicles was being animated be the same studio that animated Macross Plus.  He was so impressed that I knew that, that?s when he handed me the Roy Fokker Masterpiece Collection VF-1S Veritech -- so technically I won three prizes by answering questions, and won this one for being very observant. :) :cool:  At this point he started handing out prizes to those asking great questions, and I started asking questions without accepting anymore prizes as to let other folks get some neat stuff, too. :cool:  Kevin, at the end of the question and answer session, ended the panel by handing out Rick Hunter Cell art from Tommy Yune to everyone there, and the panel wrapped up around 12:00 AM.  

After the Robotech panel I walked around the Hynes Center a bit, talking to a few other Robotech fans, and then walked back to my hotel room at the Boston Plaza Hotel.  My group of friends and I watched a few Anime we picked up and then called it a night so we would be up and ready for 11:00 AM the next day.  

More convention report to come as I tell you my experiences from Saturday and Sunday, as the fun just kept coming. :) :cool:
Posted Image
My Horror Film Short: on YouTube
Slipfighter's Drawings: Nocturnal Edition: http://www.exisle.ne...showtopic=46699  
Slipfighter's Drawings: Regular Edition: http://www.exisle.ne...showtopic=34628  
Original Ex Isle Screen Name: Slipfighter

#2 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,191 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 11:23 PM

I AM SO ENVIOUS!!!

First Monica Rial, and then the Robotech gear!!

I think I'm just going to go over here and cool down. I'm all flushed. :blush:

Rommie :cylon:
Posted Image

#3 ArchAngel

ArchAngel

Devout Lexa Worshipper

• Islander
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 11:24 PM

Oh wow, sounds like you had a great time. Congrats on the great prizes, especially the two veritechs!!!
Lexa Worshipper
Shut up and remember how much you love me! - Rommie [All Too Human]

#4 NexusNine

NexusNine

The Dystopian Cyber-Punk

• Islander
  • 4,292 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 11:36 PM

RommieSG, on May 4 2005, 04:23 AM, said:

I AM SO ENVIOUS!!!

First Monica Rial, and then the Robotech gear!!

I think I'm just going to go over here and cool down. I'm all flushed. :blush:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Be sure to check back onto this thread for more information about Monica as I did attended her panel the next day, as well as on Sunday. :cool:  

Winning all that Robotech gear was sweet!  I think I was by far the biggest Robotech fan there. :cool:
Posted Image
Slipfighter's Drawings: Nocturnal Edition: http://www.exisle.ne...showtopic=46699  

#5 NexusNine

NexusNine

The Dystopian Cyber-Punk

• Islander
  • 4,292 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 11:42 PM

ArchAngel, on May 4 2005, 04:24 AM, said:

Oh wow, sounds like you had a great time.

Yes, I had a great time... and that was only on Friday! :cool:  Saturday and Sunday were just as good. :)  

Congrats on the great prizes, especially the two veritechs!!!

Thank you. :cool:
Posted Image

#6 NexusNine

NexusNine

The Dystopian Cyber-Punk

• Islander
  • 4,292 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 02:42 PM

Okay, let's get on with the convention report. :cool:  

Saturday  

Our Saturday started at about 9:00 AM, but we didn't leave for the Hynes Convention Center until about 11:00 AM, which was about the time everything got started up and going at the convention each day.  Our first stop was at the Dealer's Room to shop around a little.  At 1:00 PM my group and I headed over to the Monica Rial panel, but just before that at 12:00 PM noon, I walked over to autographs to meet up with Johnny Young Bosch and Melissa Fahn.  Melissa signed my program guide, and Johnny signed my DVD cover of Akira.  Anyway, though, back to the Monica Rial panel.  

Monica Rial - Monica, again, is such a wonderful personality.  She's a radiant speaker and a fun loving person.  During the panel Greg Ayres and Brianne Siddall came in and joined the fans to watch the panel.  Monica is good friends with both, so it made for some interesting discussions. :cool:  There was some mention of Monica's newest work, Burst Angel, and how her voice work on this Anime is very different from most of her previous works, and she even gave us a little sample of it.  It is a pretty different approach for her, and I like it.  She mentioned how her good friend Christine Auten (Priss from Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040) always gets the kick-butt woman parts while she, well, doesn't, but is now loving the fact she has a kick-but woman part of her very own to voice. :)  I asked her what her feeling were about the recent "Anime becoming live action films" trend, and she seemed pretty supportive of it, not so much for the fans, but supported it in a way as in it could help expose these stories to those who wouldn't otherwise see them.  I thought it was a great answer. :cool:  Overall the panel went very well, and it was a pure delight to attend the panel and talk with her.  

From Monica's panel it was a dash (literally) to the third floor Main Events Room to attend a 2:00 PM live concert from the very talented and beautiful J-Pop sensation, Yoko Ishida.  

Yoko Ishida Live in Concert - Yoko took the stage with a thunderous reception.  She performed for about an hour and a half with several changing breaks in between.  She was having a lot of fun, you could just tell, and the crowd was really into it.  It was, for a lack of a better phrase, a true J-Pop concert with all the energy that comes with it.  She performed theme songs from various Anime that she sings in, as well as several songs that she didn't originally perform.  Overall, the concert was a blast and a real treat.  

After the concert was finished, it was another dash (literally), this time back to the first floor in order to get in line for Yoko's autograph session.  Yoko signed my CD sleeve booklet from her newest album, and then she posed for a picture for me.  She's a very nice woman, and her English is pretty darn good. :)  

By the time I got an autograph from Yoko it was running around 5:30, so I quickly made my way over to Brianne Siddall's panel, which was about half way through.  Nonetheless, what I did see was informative.  

As Brianne's panel came to a close and the room cleared, it was time for Kevin to make his way back in to the panel room (luckily hosted in the same panel room as Brianne) and start up the Robotech: Shadow Chronicles panel at 6:00 PM.  

Robotech: Shadow Chronicles - Kevin began by introducing himself and what the panel was going to cover, then quickly broke out a DVD and showed a bunch of production art for Shadow Chronicles, cast pictures, and the 60-second PSA video.  He showed side-by-side comparison shots of The New Generation and Shadow Chronicles, and it was just so amazing to see how much Anime production has changed.  He confirmed that Mark Hamill has indeed joined the voice cast, and that Robotech Master's character, Louie Nichols, will appear in the new series.  Kevin also confirmed that music will again play a large role in Shadow Chronicles, and dropped hints that Yellow Dancer may appear... but did not confirm it.  However, Android Janice, voiced by Chase Masterson (of Star Trek fame) will appear in Shadow Chronicles, which she has not been seen since Robotech II: The Sentinels, who, at the time, was Minmie's singing partner.  Chase apparently will also perform a song from her new album on Shadow Chronicles, so keep the ears peeled. :)   Also announced was that the production team that worked on the ever famous Babylon 5 is the same team working on the production design for Shadow Chronicles.  Frankly, folks, Harmony Gold is going all out on this one! :cool:  During the last part of the panel, Kevin again started taking questions and giving prizes out.  I gracefully turned down the prizes considering the gear I won the night before, and simply asked questions just for the answers. :)  I know... I had to be nice. :blush:  

The Shadow Chronicles panel wrapped up at about 7:00 PM, and with little to do until 9:00 PM, my group and I took off for China Town for a bit, and then went back to the Hotel.  At around 9:00 PM it was back to the Hynes Convention Center for an advanced viewing of Gunslinger Girl from Funimation, hosted by Funimation staff and Monica Rial.  Episodes 2 and 3 were shown, and a raffle to win volume 1 DVDs of the series and banners was conducted.  Four of each were given away, though, no, folks, I didn't win any of the goods during this event. ;) :cool:  

Right after Gunslinger Girl, it was right off to the dance hall for the dance, but the room was so packed that my group and I decided to leave and find other things to do.  As we were headed out of the dance hall, we ended up meeting up with Monica Rial in the lobby of the Sheraton Hotel.  We talked to her for a while about various subjects, and then she took pictures with each of us. :cool:  We all talked for a short time longer, and then we made our way over to Video Room 104 to check out Please Twins.  After the Anime was done we headed back to our hotel room at the Boston Plaza, watched a little Anime, played a few XBox and GameCube games, and then called it a night so we could be up and at the convention center for 11:00 AM the next day. :cool:

Edited by Slipfighter, 04 May 2005 - 08:59 PM.

Posted Image

#7 ArchAngel

ArchAngel

Devout Lexa Worshipper

• Islander
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 07:50 PM

Again, it sounds like another wildly entertaining day. I cant wait for this new Robotech, as so far its shaping up to be something special.
Lexa Worshipper

#8 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 09:39 PM

Very cool.  Sounds like a great con.   :D

It's interesting they had the voice actors on their own panels.  I've only gotten interested in the english VA's in the last two cons I've been to, and in both of those they did group panels of three or four people at once.  I'd assumed that's how it's always done.  I think I like the sound of the single person panels better.  

On Robotech: Sheesh. Go you!  So were the questions they asked really obscure, or were the people in the room just really clueless about Robotech?  Sounds like you walked all over 'em.  What was the hardest question?  (Not that I want an edge if I visit their panel at AN or anything ;) )

Glad to hear they're incorporating some music performance into the show.  What would Robotech be without the alien-busting power of song?   (I think I'll cry if they don't give at least a cameo from Rand & Rook in the series.  If I was ever gonna be a 'shipper for any fictional couple, it would've been those two.)
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#9 ArchAngel

ArchAngel

Devout Lexa Worshipper

• Islander
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 09:46 PM

^A better question would be  "What would Robotech be without Minmei's singing?"  :lol:

Edited by ArchAngel, 04 May 2005 - 09:47 PM.

Lexa Worshipper

#10 NexusNine

NexusNine

The Dystopian Cyber-Punk

• Islander
  • 4,292 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 02:42 PM

Niko, on May 5 2005, 02:39 AM, said:

Very cool.  Sounds like a great con.   :D

It's interesting they had the voice actors on their own panels.  I've only gotten interested in the english VA's in the last two cons I've been to, and in both of those they did group panels of three or four people at once.  I'd assumed that's how it's always done.  I think I like the sound of the single person panels better.

There was a general voice actors panel on the last day of the convention, which I'll discuss more about when I write about Sunday's activities, but yeah, each voice actor, for the most part, was given their own panel, and the atmosphere was very casual and laid back.  I like that about those panels.  

On Robotech: Sheesh. Go you!  So were the questions they asked really obscure, or were the people in the room just really clueless about Robotech?  Sounds like you walked all over 'em.  What was the hardest question?  (Not that I want an edge if I visit their panel at AN or anything ;) )

Some questions were harder than others, and I guess it depends on the person, too.  Several questions were about voice actors, several about character names, and so on.  Here, I'll give you an example:  

- I won the Super Dimension Fortress boxset off this question:  

Q: What is the original Japanese name of Rick Hunter's character in the original Macross series?  

Before I give the answer, let's first see if you can answer the question.  

- I won the Volume 1 Robotech: Re-mastered collection boxset off this question:  

Q: Who played Rick Hunter's voice in Robotech?  

Again, see if you can answer the question before I give the answer.  

- I won the Max Sterling cell art and Masterpiece Collection VF-1J Veritech off this question:  

Q: What voice actor played the voice of Max Sterling in Robotech?  His Stage Name is acceptable.  

Again, see if you can answer that before I give the answer.  

Other questions asked were things like:  

-What's the name of Kyron's second in command?  
-Who was the head of the Southern Cross Division?  
-Name the three music sisters in the Robotech Masters Saga.  
-Before Dana, who was it that headed the 15th Armored Division?  

Questions like that.  

Glad to hear they're incorporating some music performance into the show.  What would Robotech be without the alien-busting power of song?   (I think I'll cry if they don't give at least a cameo from Rand & Rook in the series.  If I was ever gonna be a 'shipper for any fictional couple, it would've been those two.)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol:

Edited by Slipfighter, 05 May 2005 - 02:43 PM.

Posted Image

#11 NexusNine

NexusNine

The Dystopian Cyber-Punk

• Islander
  • 4,292 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 02:48 PM

ArchAngel, on May 5 2005, 02:46 AM, said:

^A better question would be  "What would Robotech be without Minmei's singing?"  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Better. ;) :p :lol:
Posted Image

#12 NexusNine

NexusNine

The Dystopian Cyber-Punk

• Islander
  • 4,292 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 04:19 PM

Sunday  

Sunday was the slowest of the three days, as was to be expected, but there was still plenty of fun to be had.  Our day at the convention began at 11:00 AM with one of my friends taking off for the Super Smash Brothers Melee tournament as I took off for the dealers rooms to do some more looking around and shopping.  At 1:00PM our group met back up to attend the Brianne Siddall and Dave Wittenberg autograph session.  Dave signed my program guide while Brianne signed the cover to my copy of Tales of Symphonia.  Brianne is such a bubble of energy and a delight to talk to.  She took two pictures with me and jumped into the picture I had taken with Dave. :lol:  She loves to have fun, and Dave was just the same.  His motto is to always be having as much fun as you can.  Both were great to talk to. :cool:  

Since Brianne and Dave's autograph session had run late, I had just enough time to run down to the kitchen hall to get some food before hitting the general voice actors panel at 3:00 PM.  

General Voice Actors Panel - If these folks were a delight to be around by themselves, it was mind blowing to have them all in the same room at the same time.  Every voice actor that attended Anime Boston 2005 was there minus Melissa Fahn, Dave Wittenberg, and Chris Patton, and the energy was high, the information great, and the atmosphere fun.  Trust me, if you attend a convention this year where Monica is a guest, you'll most likely hear the snowball story.  I can't describe it, for I couldn't do it justice, but it was hilarious.  Each had a ton of things to say, and it made for a great closing panel before the closing ceremonies started up.  

And this brings us to the Closing Ceremonies.  

Closing Ceremonies - The closing ceremonies started up at 4:00 PM, first kicking off with reintroducing all the guests of honor who where still present in the building.  Each guest of honor thanked us in his or her own way, and it was a real treat for all of us.  Next all the winning music videos from the music video contest were shown.  There was some real talent that went into those videos, that much I can tell you.  And then, at about 5:00 PM, Anime Boston 2005 was over.  It was kind of surreal, if you know what I mean.  I had gotten to know the atmosphere so well; it felt weird that it was over... like it all went by too quick.  As my group and I walked out of the Hynes Convention Center, we all realized that this is definitely a convention we want to return to next year. :cool:  

Thanks to all who's read this report.  I hope it's given you a little insight into this awesome event, and with any luck, maybe I'll see some of you there next year. :) :cool:

Edited by Slipfighter, 05 May 2005 - 04:28 PM.

Posted Image

#13 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 05:53 PM

Slipfighter, on May 5 2005, 02:42 PM, said:

What is the original Japanese name of Rick Hunter's character in the original Macross series?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm tempted to sneak away from EI and come back once the answers have popped into my head, because I know most of them are in there.  (I'm going to be kicking myself once I think of Max's V.A., especially.  It should be the easiest one...I love him big-time.)

As it is, the only one that I'd have been able to answer right off the top of my head in a quiz situation is the first one:
Spoiler: click to show/hide
Ichijo Hikaru.  (Ugh...or is it Ichigo?)

And then, at about 5:00 PM, Anime Boston 2005 was over. It was kind of surreal, if you know what I mean.
  Yeah, it's always kind of melancholy, like you've been in this little bubble world for a couple days, and now it's back to reality.

Glad you had fun. :)  It sounds like Anime Boston is really making a name for itself in the convention world.  If a big trip I'm planning for next year doesn't pan out, I may try to make it.  

So, did you get any cool goodies?
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#14 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 06:08 PM

It sounds like you have a GREAT time, thanks for the reports, I can't wait to see Robotech now! :thumbs-up:
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#15 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,191 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 11:04 PM

Slipfighter, on May 5 2005, 12:42 PM, said:

Q: What is the original Japanese name of Rick Hunter's character in the original Macross series?
Hikaru Ichijyo. I've had the sets, and DYRL for quite some time now. ;)

Q: Who played Rick Hunter's voice in Robotech?
Tony Oliver, who also voiced Seina Yamada in Tenchi Muyo! GXP, but I liked him better as Hibiki in Vandread. :)

Q: What voice actor played the voice of Max Sterling in Robotech?  His Stage Name is acceptable.
Cam Clarke, who also voiced Leonardo in the original TMNT series. ;) He also does a LOT of voiceovers for video games. I think I heard him in Jade Empire.

What's the name of Kyron's second in command?
Azonia

Who was the head of the Southern Cross Division?
Rolf Emerson. But I might be wrong. I get him and Dante mixed up a lot. :blush:

Name the three music sisters in the Robotech Masters Saga.
Musica, Octavia, Allegra

Before Dana, who was it that headed the 15th Armored Division?
Sean Phllips. Busted to Private for 'unbecoming conduct'. I loved that guy! :D

Though I probably would have frozen up and not been able to think of the answers right then and there, like you did. :blush:

Posted Image

#16 NexusNine

NexusNine

The Dystopian Cyber-Punk

• Islander
  • 4,292 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 10:52 PM

Niko, on May 5 2005, 10:53 PM, said:

Slipfighter, on May 5 2005, 02:42 PM, said:

What is the original Japanese name of Rick Hunter's character in the original Macross series?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm tempted to sneak away from EI and come back once the answers have popped into my head, because I know most of them are in there.  (I'm going to be kicking myself once I think of Max's V.A., especially.  It should be the easiest one...I love him big-time.)

:lol:  

As it is, the only one that I'd have been able to answer right off the top of my head in a quiz situation is the first one:
Ichijo Hikaru.  (Ugh...or is it Ichigo?)

Ichijo

And then, at about 5:00 PM, Anime Boston 2005 was over. It was kind of surreal, if you know what I mean.
  Yeah, it's always kind of melancholy, like you've been in this little bubble world for a couple days, and now it's back to reality.

Exactly.  

Glad you had fun. :)  It sounds like Anime Boston is really making a name for itself in the convention world.  If a big trip I'm planning for next year doesn't pan out, I may try to make it. 

So, did you get any cool goodies?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anime Boston 2006 takes place from May 26 to the 28 next year.  I'm fairly sure they'll up their attendance estimates to 8,000 to 10,000 people for next year.  Anime Boston is quickly growing into one of the biggest conventions on the east coast. :cool:  It'll be cool if you can make it there.

Edited by Slipfighter, 07 May 2005 - 09:11 PM.

Posted Image

#17 NexusNine

NexusNine

The Dystopian Cyber-Punk

• Islander
  • 4,292 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 11:18 PM

Rommie, you got all but two questions right... which is very good, by the way. :cool:  

RommieSG, on May 6 2005, 04:04 AM, said:

What's the name of Kyron's second in command?
Azonia

Azonia is actually higher raked than Kyron up until after the Rain, which Kyron sort of self-appoints himself the supreme commander of the remaining Zentrons (I love the shortened version of their names, though it's never actually used in Robotech ;)).  Kyron's second in command is Grell.

Who was the head of the Southern Cross Division?
Rolf Emerson. But I might be wrong. I get him and Dante mixed up a lot. :blush:

Close, and a very good guess, but the correct answer is Supreme Commander Leonard.

Though I probably would have frozen up and not been able to think of the answers right then and there, like you did. :blush:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nah, I think you would have done just fine! :cool:  

Bonus question:

What stage name did Cam Clarke use while working on Robotech, as well on several of his other works?

Posted Image

#18 NexusNine

NexusNine

The Dystopian Cyber-Punk

• Islander
  • 4,292 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 04:18 PM

A quick bump. :cool:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users