• Please log in to reply
3060 replies to this topic

#3041 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,410 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 04:42 PM

Weekend before last, I watched Shanghai Express (1932) with Anna May Wong and Marlene Dietrich, as well as Warner Oland as the half-Chinese rebel leader. Good stuff.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3042 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 06:44 PM

I watched some episodes of Gravity Falls. I also watched Man of Steel again. I actually plan to watch all five DC movies but haven't gotten around to the other four yet.

I just bought and watched Doctor Who: The Five Doctors so expect a review on that soon.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#3043 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,410 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 04:58 PM

As part of my Halloween Marathon, I watched my DVD of Get Out, which was quite good.  Very Twilight Zone-ish, with a couple of neat twists to it-- a bit unexpectedly violent at the end, though, just so you know.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3044 Darkside_1

Darkside_1

Your friendly Neighborhood Moderator.

• 3,091 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 11:54 PM

Star Wars Solo movie and Sicario: Day Of The Soldato

"Harry S. Truman said that he felt like a bale of hay fell on him.

I feel like I got the whole damn barn."

Darren "Condor" McGavin - "By Dawn's Early Light"

HBO TV Movie - 1990

*** (Click here to view my signature) ***

Posted Image

"A pound of supplies taken from your enemy is worth 10 pounds of your own supplies"
Sun Tzu "The Art of War"

#3045 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 11:00 AM

^I just watched Solo: A Star Wars Story myself. After all the hate it received I was expecting a train wreck of a movie but I liked it and that surprise cameo at the end has me intrigued.

I've also watched:

Stephen King's Rose Red
Urban Legend
Blood Fest
Whitechapel: The Ripper Returns
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#3046 kcsue

kcsue

Chocolate Fiend

• Islander
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 11:15 AM

Jurassic World - Fallen Kingdom
As long as I have Coffee and Chocolate, the world is safe!

Tyr: Don't forget to hee-haw

#3047 kcsue

kcsue

Chocolate Fiend

• Islander
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 05:10 PM

Home Alone
How the Grinch Stole Christmas - the classic
The Equalizer 2

#3048 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,410 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 05:33 PM

My Orville DVDs have arrived.  :timewarp:

#3049 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 10:15 AM

^I saw that at Wal-Mart the other day and almost bought it. Unfortunately I still have presents to buy for friends and family so buying for myself will have to wait.

I did buy the first season of Murphy Brown some time back since it was only $10. I've watched the first disc so far. I had forgotten just how good this show was. I am liking the revival but it isn't as good as the original.

On December 5 I did my annual tradition of watching Saint (otherwise known as Sint) a holiday horror movie from the Netherlands.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#3050 kcsue

kcsue

Chocolate Fiend

• Islander
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 02:44 PM

Watching Johnny Quest- the first season.

Edited by kcsue, 15 December 2018 - 02:45 PM.

#3051 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,145 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 11:22 PM

Some since edited notice of one of your fine posts sucked me into going over to Netflix and watching,  The Christmas Chronicles.

Warning, if you received the same notice as I did, IGNORE IT!
That movie is so wrong on so many levels that it had my thumbs scraping the carpet.

Okay for a mindless romp into the addiction of retail therapy but the casting director needs a lump of coal jettisoned in their direction.

The "Ladies" in the jail house, how dare they go so far past PC into stereo typical cheap candy for the masses.

There is some fun stuff to get giddy about but not on a my list of classics for the future.

I've been watching old trash on YouTube as usual.
Life with Father 1947 gave me a few chuckles. They did the "Who's on First,"  with finances.

The detective series, "Vera" has some nice twists.  Her voice only allows me short visits.

You have to watch this if you're into Star Trek parodies.

7 verses I know you're there behind the veil.

#3052 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 10:10 PM

The detective series, "Vera" has some nice twists.  Her voice only allows me short visits.

I've been meaning to watch that. I need to get around to it one day.

Bridge of Spies
The Breakfast Club
Mean Girls
Batman Begins
Dawson's Creek Season 2
Galavant Disc 1
Cleopatra: 2525 Disc 1
The Founder
The Devil Wears Prada
Bad Moms
Bad Moms Christmas
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#3053 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,410 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 06:02 PM

I saw the Doctor Strange movie, which is one of three Marvel movies that I got for my birthday.  It was decent, but, of course, they changed a lot.  For one thing, the magical fights are more violent than the comics were-- essentially Kung Fu fighting with sparks.  And the special effects throughout most of it were more reminiscent of MC Escher than Steve Ditko-- although you could see Ditko's influence in the Dark Dimension sequence at the end.

#3054 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 10:05 AM

^I have still yet to watch that movie, despite buying it on DVD not too long ago.

I've watched:

Godzilla (2014)
Kong: Skull Island
Godzilla 1984
Godzilla vs. Biollante
Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah
Gravity Falls season 1 disc 1

I watched Godzilla 2014 and Kong: Skull Island to get ready for Godzilla: King of the Monsters. I like Godzilla, but I wished it had more Godzilla in the actual movie. Still, King of the Monsters is supposed to rectify that with a lot of Godzilla and a lot of monster battles.

I am going to do a complete series re-watch of Gravity Falls, something I have tried to do before and for various reasons never accomplished.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#3055 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,410 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 05:54 PM

Have you seen Black Panther or Ant-Man and the Wasp?  Those were the other two movies I got.

#3056 kcsue

kcsue

Chocolate Fiend

• Islander
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 04:45 PM

^^^I have Black Panther and I've seen Ant-Man and Wasp on Netflix.

I simply looooooove Black Panther!!!!

I liked Ant-Man and Wasp.

#3057 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,410 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 03:47 PM

^^  Good to know.  I'll get to them as soon as I can.

Yesterday and today I watched Tales of Frankenstein, which is Don Glut's latest Indy film.

#3058 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,410 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 03:46 PM

Last night, I watched Dark Alibi from my Charlie Chan collection.  Nothing like an old black-and-white mystery movie before bed.

#3059 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 09:34 PM

Have you seen Black Panther or Ant-Man and the Wasp?  Those were the other two movies I got.

I've seen Black Panther but not Ant-Man and the Wasp. I liked BP a lot, but I didn't love it like a lot of people did. I've actually decided to do a re-watch of the entire MCU so I'll get around to watching Doctor Strange and Ant-Man and the Wasp soon.

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor
Doctor Who Series 8 disc 1
Love, Simon

I bought the Peter Capaldi Doctor Who box set because I never bought any of his seasons on DVD. It's a good price for all of his season and Christmas specials though it lacks the special features.

It took a long time for Capaldi's Doctor to grow on me so I thought I would go back and re-evaluate his era. I am finding myself appreciating the episodes more. It helps that I like his Doctor a lot more than I initially did though I'm still not overly fond of Clara.

Since it is Pride Month I thought I would watch gay themed movies and TV shows and I decided to start with Love, Simon. It is such a good movie.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#3060 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,410 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 06:39 PM

Ah, Doctor Capaldi was my favorite Doctor.  I hope this season they do a multiple Doctor crossover again. Maybe even bring back the First Doctor, too.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users