Thinging of a Thing
1. Is it human-made? - Yes
2. Is it metalic? - Yes, generally.
3. Would it be found in the home? - Yes.
4. Is if for a practical use? - Yes.
5. Is it larger than a microwave? - No
6. Is it larger than a match-box? - Yes
7. Does it have electrical componenets? - No
9. Would it be found in the kitchen? - It might, but it doesn't have to be.
10. Is there generally a common place in the house where it belongs? - Well, sort of, but it's generally spread through the house.
11. Is it rectangular? - No, it isn't rectangular.
12. Does it come in different colors? - Yes
13. Is it fuzzy? - LOL. Generally not, no I suppose you could put a cover on it or something and make it fuzzy...
14. Does it have a particular smell? - No
15. Does it have moving parts? - Um. It does if you move it manually.
16. Is it fixed to something? Um, like the floor or wall? - Yes
17. Is it some kind of cable? - No
18. Is it square? - No
19. Would you find one in every room of the house? - Yes, pretty much.
20. Is it something not used alone? (ex: curtain rods) - Not answered yet.
I like 20 questions, but my siblings take forever to figure out my answers So I decided to make it 30 questions. Besides, I want to increase the chances of other people guessing correctly.
Edit: I suppose I should explain the game to people who may not have played before.
Someone thinks of something, and tells everyone else the category it is in (person, place, thing... some people make more categories, animal, plant, mineral, among others).
Then people ask yes/no questions to try to figure out what it is.
You can make up your own categories but you've got to give some category for your answer
I'm going to do a "normal" one for me.
I'm thinking of a Living Thing
Have at it
Thinking of an Object
1. Is it a naturally occuring object? - No
2. Is it smaller than a football? - Yes
3. Is it a rectangle? - No (neither literally, nor shaped like one)
4. Does it run on electricity? - No
5. Would it be found within the home? - Yes, it is commonly found in most homes.
6. Is it soft/easily flexable? - No.
7. Is it smaller than a microwave? - Yes
8. Would it be found in the kitchen? - No
9. Would it be found in a bedroom? - Most don't
10. Would it be found in a toolbox? - Depends whose toolbox - a computer tech would carry several around. Most other techs would have little use for them, though.
11. Does it have a commonly known name? - Hm... that's an interesting question. I'll take that as "Is it known outside of specialty circles (i.e. technical circles such as electronics repairmen)." And the answer is: Yes, it is known to most people. I'll even go so far as to hint that it is known most commonly by its acronym.
12. Might it have a handle? - No
13. Would it happen to be an air can? - No
14. Is it a CD? - YES
Thinking of a Thing
It *is* Noisy
1. It is *not* naturally occuring.
2. Is it bigger that a shoe box? - No
3. Is it used in the home? - Yes
4. Is it powered by electricity? - "Yes, though more charged than actually powered most times...though there are electricity dependant versions."
5. Is it an electric shaver? - "Nope, good guess though"
6. Is it used for personal hygiene? - "Ahh, no."
7. Is it commonly used daily? - "Yes it is, either the cause of migranes or therepy in my life...I think in most peoples."
8. 8. Is it used for recreation purposes? - I use it for recreaction...but that's just me. It's safe to say that no, it is not normally a recreational tool.
9. Is it a cell-phone? - *Claps for Narc* Yay! You got it right. Have an
Is it an Animal: Yes
Enviroment: Lives in Water
It is NOT any of this Animal types:
Mammal, Reptile, Bird, Amphibian, Insect, Fish, Crustacean.
It is NOT any of these specific Animals:
Slug, Human, Starfish, Jellyfish (and no, Jellyfish was not close IMO, as someone asked)
Does it have 6 legs? No
Does it make noise? No
Is it a hermaphrodite? Yes (thats what I went with, neither yes or no covers it though)
Is it Asexual? No (thats what I went with, neither yes or no covers it though)
Do people keep it as a pet? No
HarpersTrinket, from the above clues, figured out my thing was a Sea Sponge.
Edited by sierraleone, 03 August 2005 - 11:30 PM.