Edit : GAH! Thread moved!!! Thank god for the new save post feature!!!
Warning : I pull no punches. This has been a LONG time coming, so I'm giving myself closure and all that stuff.....
I snuck a peak at this while i was at work. (How much of a geek am I?)
Ok, lets go :
This is better then what Tribune gave us.....Well...duh, I picked more interesting things out of my nose then what we got from Tribune. Be Specific eT! Ok, ok :
Why do i like this verson better you ask? Well....
1) It's actualy all planned out. Sure we only got one year of Andromeda, the REAL Andromeda but it was all THERE. The seeds of the crew's final fates were THERE. Even that annoying Borg guy had a purpose after all!
2) It was all about Trance.
I knew it, every Trancer back in the day that earned their tails the hard way knew this. You mocked us and laughed as we bounced around trying in vain to tell you but who's bouncing NOW! Mwaaahahahahaaa!
2A) Laughing, pretty, flower loving Trance was the devil. And once again, we Trancers picked up on this right away. We may not have had all the notes but we sure as heck knew the song. I can't say how happy this makes me and how disapointing it is that we never had a chance to see it.
2B) But in this story the Devil loves life. Sweet, oh so very sweet. (Once again can we go back to my initial point and say how much this story kicks the butt of what we got? *sigh* I'm sure this was one of those parts that ol'Sorbo didn't like. PhhhhT!
3) I need to tell you a secret. Towards the end of the season, and especialy in the finale I....
...hey can we keep this between just the two of us?....
I was starting to like Tyr.
Yup. He will always be the Tree, but I liked him bark and all. It wasn't until they started to tear him apart that I didn't like him again. But by then the show was pretty much dead anyway.
I LOVE the Tyr in the Coda. Nuff said.
4) Harper. What can I say, this is a wonderful ending for the character.
5) Beka? Well, I was never very much into the Engine of Creation story. I hated the Tribune verson but this at least promised something bigger. I'm nto sure the show would have been able to handle something so....big. I mean even at the best of times it had problems with it's production.
But i would have loved to see them TRY.
6) Andromeda. I'm kinda sorry that she ended the show still being the ship. Errr.... Let me say that better. i mean, sure....she's a ship but I would have liked her try for something....MORE. I'm nto usre how else to say it. Everyone gets these kewl endings but poor Rommie is still...you know. A ship.
7) Dylan. I'm going to try to be fair here. I HATE Dylan, there is no denying that fact. No there is a chance that my opion of the character could be coming from Sorbo's destruction of the show.
And one of the reasons that I stopped watching the show was the constant Cheerleading Gold Trance did for Dylan and I didn't like Purple Trance doing the same thing....but....I could deal with this. In a perfect world where this was what we got and none of the tedious hero worship of season 2....I could deal with this.
So, to finaly stop typing and read what you guys are saying, I just want to say thank you to Robert, the cast and crew of Andromeda.
The show may not have lived happily ever after but was oner heck of a ride for this fan! I for one am looking forward to everyone's next project!