#1 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 02:30 PM

Yes, fertility technology was used....

http://news.ninemsn....e.aspx?id=51595

Gawd... I would *not* want 9 children (they had a single child before they got pregnant with the first quadruplet set) under 2 1/2... and in another article they mention wanting to have 12(?) children.... I don't know if it was before or after they got pregnant with the second set of quadruplets... thats too many kids, all very young... glad she has her mother to help her! (her mother retired as a nurse to help out)

Edited by sierraleone, 01 June 2005 - 02:31 PM.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#2 Chakotay

Chakotay

For gosh sakes let me out of here!

• Islander
  • 6,657 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 03:40 PM

That does sound a tad excessive these days, but what the hey, so long as the kids are loved and cared for.

Makes up for all of us with zero or just one child... and helps the government with their target of raising the worker numbers to compensate for all us retiring oldies. :D
  No plan survives first contact with the enemy - military axiom.

#3 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 03:50 PM

My aunt and uncle have ten kids - but eight of them are twins, and they are spread out - about four years in between each set.  I know I could never have coped with that many kids.
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#4 sierraleone

sierraleone

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 04:00 PM

^ its not the number of kids (though that is a lot for this day and age) its the ages! At least she'll get the terrible twos out of the way quick I suppose ;) :)

- Masha Gessen

#5 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 04:21 PM

LOL

I read a book several years back when quads and just plain multiples were still unusual...at least compared to today. It was authored by the mother of quints about their experiences.  She did say it was easier to potty train multiples tho I'm not sure if others would agree. :D

If that's what they want I say more power to them...not sure I could handle the situation myself but if that's what comes your way....I supposed you figure out how to do it...

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#6 Enkanowen

Enkanowen
  • Islander
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 12:28 PM

I don't want to be her when they all hit puberty...

#7 sierraleone

sierraleone

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 12:33 PM

^ LOL

- Masha Gessen

#8 Zwolf

Zwolf
  • Islander
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 12:57 PM

Are they certain that it was actually a human woman, and not a bunny?  Because if it's a bunny, that's normal.

In an overpopulated world, I don't know why humans need to start having litters...

Cheers,

Zwolf
"I've moved on and I'm feeling fine
And I'll feel even better
When your life has nothing to do with mine."
-Pittbull, "No Love Lost"

"There are things that I'd like to say
But I'm never talking to you again
There's things I'd like to phrase some way

I'm never talking to you again
I'm never talking to you
I'm tired of wasting all my time
Trying to talk to you

I'd put you down where you belong
I'd show you everywhere you're wrong

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you."
- Husker Du, "Never Talking To You Again"

#9 Cheile

Cheile

proud J/Cer ~ ten years and counting

• Islander
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 10:22 PM

^ there is some truth to that.

and i'd like to know who's going to support nine kids all in diapers unless the father is rich.  it's going to be the McCaughey (sp?) case all over again where people are going to have to donate to support them.

Posted Image

"Andromeda may be over but it's not dead. Not as long as we have fanfic writers dedicated to keeping it alive.  Whether you accept everything as canon or stop at a certain point. Whether you accept and enjoy Nu Drom or only accept Classic Drom, it will never be over.  Not as long as we have each other [and Beka], who binds us all together." ~ Mary Rose

Twitter * Facebook * ExIsle at Facebook

icon by mercscilla @ LJ

#10 eloisel

eloisel

Non-sequitur

• Islander
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 12:12 AM

The article says they live with his or her parents.

Maybe they are trying to have their own gender-mixed baseball team.

#11 maryavatar

maryavatar

Peachy

• Islander
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 06:32 PM

Wow, and I thought having three kids under five was tough.  When do they sleep?  Feeding four babies every three or hours 24 hours a day... yikes!  You'd need to stagger the feedings, plus time to heat bottles and change nappies.  You'd be lucky to get two hours of sleep at a time.  And most children under two years old occasionally wake during the night too.

Can you imagine dealing with colic and teething?  Or a cold that keeps waking them up?   :o
"When God made the arse, he didn't say, 'Hey, it's just your basic hinge, let's knock off early.' He said, 'Behold ye angels, I have created the arse. Throughout the ages to come, men and women shall grab hold of these, and shout my name.'"

#12 Breea

Breea

Breea

• Islander
  • 229 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 06:41 PM

My cousin has 12 kids...3 sets of twins and 2 sets of triplets...11 boys and 1 girl..all are 15 months apart  LOL..I tell her ..more power to her..I know i couldn't handle that many.
Breea

#13 sierraleone

sierraleone

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 10:44 PM

^ each birth only 15 mths apart? 1 yrs and 3 mths? Pregnancies were only about 6 mths apart.
That means she gave birth to the last group when the first group was only 60 mths old, which means the oldest group was about 5 yrs old when the youngest were born... and this is through *natural* conception?!   :eek2:

12 kids by the time the oldest is 5.... If it is natural, do you guys have twins running it the family?
I've also heard of some women with a 'condition', if it can be called that, where they always release 2 eggs at a time.

Edited by sierraleone, 03 June 2005 - 10:45 PM.

- Masha Gessen

#14 Breea

Breea

Breea

• Islander
  • 229 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 11:47 PM

Yep..twins and triplets run in my family....and yes..the oldest were around 5 when
the last group came..they're my age now..i can remember Beth saying it  was a nightmare when she started dating..LOL Can you imagine 11 brothers plus her dad meeting you at the door when you came to pick her up..LOL  
  Poor Beth..The night of her prom..there she was with these guys behind her...The smallest one is 6'1" and Matt, whose the tallest comes in ay 6"6"...Beth and I are close to the same height..She'd 5'0" and i'm 4'10"..where these monsters came from we don't know.
Breea

#15 eloisel

eloisel

Non-sequitur

• Islander
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 01:44 AM

All I know is if they called to ask me to babysit, I'd have to say "Thanks, but, no."

#16 sierraleone

sierraleone

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 08:24 AM

Breea, on Jun 4 2005, 12:47 AM, said:

Yep..twins and triplets run in my family....and yes..the oldest were around 5 when
the last group came..they're my age now..i can remember Beth saying it  was a nightmare when she started dating..LOL Can you imagine 11 brothers plus her dad meeting you at the door when you came to pick her up..LOL 
  Poor Beth..The night of her prom..there she was with these guys behind her...The smallest one is 6'1" and Matt, whose the tallest comes in ay 6"6"...Beth and I are close to the same height..She'd 5'0" and i'm 4'10"..where these monsters came from we don't know.
Breea

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would have told them to Frell off! :D When you told me only one girl, I though torture! Through the younger years torture would probably have come from fighting/teasing/harrasing... from the older years over-protectiveness (and teasing, but maybe more goodnatured... maybe not... maybe sometimes). Where those two at her prom the one(s) born with her? Didn't they have their own gawd damn dates? :D

Edited by sierraleone, 04 June 2005 - 08:24 AM.

- Masha Gessen

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Health, Fertility treatments, 2005

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users