• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#141 Anastashia

Anastashia

Tyrant Matriarch and Pegan Too!

• Islander
  • 11,777 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 05:45 PM

Very inspiring story Nonny, brought tears to my eyes.

I'm 50+ too, but I've already put in my 22 years so they'll probably let me stay retired.
The Science Fiction Examiner

In the quiet of Midden a young child grows.
Does the salvation of his people grow with him?
"Everything we do now is for the child"

"I made a mistake,
just follow along,
isn't that what tyranny is all about?"
Sheila M---my Praise Band Director

For as long as I shall live
I will testify to love
I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough
Testify to Love

Posted Image

#142 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 11:30 AM

Anastashia, on Jun 11 2005, 02:45 PM, said:

Very inspiring story Nonny, brought tears to my eyes.

I'm 50+ too, but I've already put in my 22 years so they'll probably let me stay retired.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hope to see you at the Golden Age Games some time soon!  

Nonny
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#143 Nittany Lioness

Nittany Lioness

Craving a little perspective.

• Islander
  • 3,537 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 08:22 AM

My brother, who is 40 this year and who has been off of the Marine Corps Ready Reserve List for !) 10 YEARS,
has been accepted back into the Corps as Captain.
During those 10 years after he came back from the 1st Gulf War, he has repeatedly spoken with the Marines, urging them to re-accept him for duty.  But they always insisted he was too old.

But he knocked on that door just one more time and they reconsidered.
He is in a kind of training touch up now and will go for more rigorous conditioning at the end of August for 2 weeks.
Then he's slated for deployment in Janurary.

Now he's an officer mind you, but his salary (during war time especially) will surpass what he's making in the "private sector."
However that is not why he is doing this.

I'm cold Howard.jpg

#144 Kosh

Kosh

Criag Ferguson For President!

• Islander
  • 11,149 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 08:30 AM

RuReddy1, on Jun 10 2005, 05:35 PM, said:

NonnyJun 8 2005, on 03:26 PM, said:

Nonny Jun 8 2005, on 01:10 PM, said:

RuReddy1Jun 8 2005, on 10:14 AM, said:

waterpanther Jun 5 2005, on 12:14 PM, said:

Well, now, it looks as though Rushbo just might have a second chance to serve his country, the way things are going. The Army's now willing to take overweight drug addicts with "poor fitness," which should include (tough not be limited to, to toss in the legalese) such minor things as boils on the posterior. Go, Rush! Run, do not walk, to your nearest recruiting office! Accept the accolades of millions for your courage!

Or not.  :whistle: 

Golly Gee, maybe we could get our Dads, Moms, Uncles, Aunts to join up with Rush. Or not.  :whistle:  

As for those Dads, Moms, Aunts and Uncles who have joined, I don't see Rush rushing out to join them.  
Happy to oblige, CJ. Let's see, what kind of people join up, whether the standards are high or low.
Dads. Lots of dads in the armed forces, and some were already dads when they joined. Back in the bad old days, many joined to escape their dadly duties, but I don't think that's an option anymore.
Moms. Even back in my day, single moms were joining up to provide a better life for their young children.
Aunts. My sibs hadn't provided me with any nieces or nephews yet when I joined, but many other servicewomen certainly were aunts.
Uncles. My baby brother and I had five nieces by the time he joined.
There ya go, Dads, Moms, Aunts, Uncles.  

Let me clarify what I meant in my quote, as I see Nonny has taken the time to respond to my words twice.

I said  "maybe we could get our Dads, Moms, Uncles, Aunts to join up with Rush."
By  "our" I was referring to yours, mine and every poster here, your own Dads, Moms, Uncles Aunts.  That would be making up an age group of age 50+ with possible health issues.  Rush Limbaugh would fit would into this group of folks thus sticking to the topic of this thread.

I'm only guessing that all of our parents are 50+,  I could be wrong about this.  :angel:

RuReddy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

45 myself, Mom and Dad were both in WWII, Dad was a POW. Plus Dads uncles and Mom's brothers. One of Dads uncles didn't come back. All of them had scars.
Can't Touch This!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Military, Recruitment standards, low standards

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users