Jump to content


Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Russell Crowe-Nail Him To The Wall!!

Crime Russell Crowe Assault & Battery Media

  • Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 Pallas

Pallas

    Wicked--Like the Witch of the West

  • Islander
  • 833 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 03:10 PM

Zwolf666, on Jun 9 2005, 11:01 AM, said:

Man, if Crow does serve jail time, I pity his cellmate.  That'd be like living in the middle of a marathon of HBO's "Oz"... :(

Russell Crowe and Michael Jackson could end up sharing a cell.  Now that would be the ultimate reality show/sitcom idea.

Cheers,

Zwolf

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>



:Oo:
That's insane! You can't subject Crowe to that kind of inhuman punishment!  :lol:

Kalistria.
We can do noble acts without ruling the earth and sea--Aristotle

#22 Enkanowen

Enkanowen
  • Islander
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 03:42 PM

well... at least he's sorry

So, he didn't punch someone in the face with a phone but threw it at them. That's different. A lot different.  Still requires anger management classes though...

#23 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

    In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big.

  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 04:24 PM

Enkanowen, on Jun 9 2005, 12:34 PM, said:

Digital Man, on Jun 9 2005, 01:27 PM, said:

Karma? Bah. I saw 2,800 people die several years ago 9 days after my father died. I almost lost my mom four months after that, and she's very ill, still. Life hasn't exactly been pleasant-not that it ever was. But I'm not slugging people in the face with phones.

And don't be so concerned about who and what I'm worried about, thanks. I'm more than capable of doing that for myself.  :sarcasm:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


then why bother getting all riled up about who slugs whom with a cellphone. The law is going to take care of that. I'm not here to play "my life is worse than yours". I'm just saying "why bother".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


Ummm, because I can't stand privelged folks like Crowe thinking they can get away with stuff-like smacking someone who isn't of their status in the face with a phone? Yeah-that's it.  I have little tolerance for snotty rich folks.

Or is the concept too hard to grasp for you??

:suspect:
Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#24 Enkanowen

Enkanowen
  • Islander
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 04:28 PM

Digital Man, on Jun 9 2005, 05:24 PM, said:

Ummm, because I can't stand privelged folks like Crowe thinking they can get away with stuff-like smacking someone who isn't of their status in the face with a phone? Yeah-that's it.  I have little tolerance for snotty rich folks.

Or is the concept too hard to grasp for you??

:suspect:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>



so... you can't stand them because you are not rich enough to be snotty? And I find it hard to believe that Crowe went and was like "damn you, you are beneath me, I shall strike you with mine phone to teach you good".

Your anger and hatred is hard for me to digest. It seems such a pointless waste of energy. I do try and live by the ways of Zen in which I am not too bothered by what other people do since karma will give them what they deserve.

#25 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

    In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big.

  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 04:32 PM

Solar Wind, on Jun 9 2005, 01:11 PM, said:

You said, "He's been blessed with the kind of luck that most people will NEVER see in their lives...."

My point is that wealth and fame does not necessarily translate into a good life where everything is peaches and cream. In fact, quite a few celebrities are so miserable they commit suicide.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


That still doesn't excuse these folks from taking their frustrations out on others.
Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#26 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

    In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big.

  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 04:39 PM

Enkanowen writes:

Quote

Your anger and hatred is hard for me to digest.

Maybe ya ought to try a glass of water? I hear that does wonders. :p

Quote

It seems such a pointless waste of energy. I do try and live by the ways of Zen in which I am not too bothered by what other people do since karma will give them what they deserve.

Well, goody for you. I'll be sure to give your comments the importance they deserve. :p

:rolleyes:

Edited by Digital Man, 09 June 2005 - 04:40 PM.

Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#27 Shalamar

Shalamar

    Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

  • Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 05:38 PM

People, lets stay on the topic and not start taking digs at one another. Everyone has the right to their own opinion.
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#28 eloisel

eloisel

    Non-sequitur

  • Islander
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 06:13 PM

But, but, but ... I was just about to say, "nanner, nanner, so there!"

#29 Kevin Street

Kevin Street
  • Islander
  • 6,256 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 06:20 PM

^ Quiet you, or it's phones for everybody! ;)

#30 Tricia

Tricia

    To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

  • Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 06:38 PM

Russell Crowe definitely needs some anger management classes...he has been behaving fairly well since marriage and fatherhood so this surprised me.

You can't  really say he acts up because of his celebrity...this seems to just be the way the man is.  I remember reading some article about him around the time of  A Beautiful Mind that said he used to get in fights and all sorts of trouble as a teen.


In this case according to the news he did NOT slug somebody with the phone...he threw it and it hit the clerk.  Whether RC just threw blindly and hit the clerk or the clerk was hit when the phone bounced off the wall or whatever is not clear.  

Doesn't excuse bad behavior...there is no excuse for this incident.  

But to fuss and fume about it because the man is a celebrity....yea, they get away with more stuff because of their fame but I know a lot of ordinary everyday people who lose it and throw a fit  too.  

And yes....I do worry about Tom Cruise's behavior lately.  being in love is great but he just seems soooo over the top.  He never acted like this about Nicole or Mimi or Penelope Cruz...just seems a tad bizarre  :wacko:

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh


You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to


Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.


#31 Enkanowen

Enkanowen
  • Islander
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 09:03 PM

trikay, on Jun 9 2005, 07:38 PM, said:

Russell Crowe definitely needs some anger management classes...he has been behaving fairly well since marriage and fatherhood so this surprised me.

You can't  really say he acts up because of his celebrity...this seems to just be the way the man is.  I remember reading some article about him around the time of  A Beautiful Mind that said he used to get in fights and all sorts of trouble as a teen.

In this case according to the news he did NOT slug somebody with the phone...he threw it and it hit the clerk.  Whether RC just threw blindly and hit the clerk or the clerk was hit when the phone bounced off the wall or whatever is not clear. 

Doesn't excuse bad behavior...there is no excuse for this incident. 

But to fuss and fume about it because the man is a celebrity....yea, they get away with more stuff because of their fame but I know a lot of ordinary everyday people who lose it and throw a fit  too. 

And yes....I do worry about Tom Cruise's behavior lately.  being in love is great but he just seems soooo over the top.  He never acted like this about Nicole or Mimi or Penelope Cruz...just seems a tad bizarre  :wacko:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>



Well, he definately doesn't deserve a bullet like Lord of the Sword suggested.

as for Tom Cruise... he's still creeping me out...

Edited by Enkanowen, 09 June 2005 - 09:17 PM.


#32 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 09:14 PM

Enkanowen, on Jun 9 2005, 09:03 PM, said:

Well, he definately doesn't deserve a bullet like Digital Man suggested.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


Actually it was me who suggested that, not DM. Crowe is lucky he did it to this particular clerk, and not some of the people I know. Those people would've killed him for throwing the phone. Headline would've read: "Crowe looses temper and gets killed."

One of these days that may happen...not everyone is just going to turn the cheek.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#33 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 09:17 PM

Enkanowen, on Jun 9 2005, 01:27 PM, said:

you did not, but your thinking can justify exactly that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


If taken to the extreme...way extreme.

The point I was trying to make is that not everyone is going to bow down to these celebs, just because of who they are. One of these days a celeb is going to go off on the wrong person and wind up dead.

It basically boils down to this: Do you just allow someone to victimize you? Or do you do whatever is in your power to make sure they don't.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#34 Enkanowen

Enkanowen
  • Islander
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 09:26 PM

LORD of the SWORD, on Jun 9 2005, 10:17 PM, said:

Actually it was me who suggested that, not DM. Crowe is lucky he did it to this particular clerk, and not some of the people I know. Those people would've killed him for throwing the phone. Headline would've read: "Crowe looses temper and gets killed."

One of these days that may happen...not everyone is just going to turn the cheek.

my apologies I was scrolling too fast while reading and mixed things up.

Quote

If taken to the extreme...way extreme.

The point I was trying to make is that not everyone is going to bow down to these celebs, just because of who they are. One of these days a celeb is going to go off on the wrong person and wind up dead.

It basically boils down to this: Do you just allow someone to victimize you? Or do you do whatever is in your power to make sure they don't.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


So you allow someone to victimize you or do you take preventative actions? So it all boils down to kill or be killed? Whatever happened to: we are all human.
What Crowe did was uncool, but would anybody really be fussing over this if it were Joe X?  And is the proper solution to possible violence, to be violent first? I do not believe that and I would never execute such beliefs. In my opinion, that is just as wrong as chucking a phone at someone.

#35 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 09:32 PM

Enkanowen, on Jun 9 2005, 09:26 PM, said:

So it all boils down to kill or be killed? Whatever happened to: we are all human.

That sounds nice on paper, and in principle. But sadly reality doesn't adhere to it. I try my best to live like that, but I'm from the old school. You F*ck with me, it's a must that I F*ck with you.

Quote

What Crowe did was uncool, but would anybody really be fussing over this if it were Joe X?  And is the proper solution to possible violence, to be violent first? I do not believe that and I would never execute such beliefs. In my opinion, that is just as wrong as chucking a phone at someone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


Would the media be on it like they were? No. And odds are we wouldn't be talking about it here either. But if I was that clerk and Joe X threw the phone at me...I'm loosing my job, same way I would've if it had been Crowe. I wouldn't care who threw it, but the person who did would be getting the beating of a lifetime. As for being violent first? No...I don't agree with that. But once someone puts their hands on me, or in this case, throws a phone...it's on.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#36 Enkanowen

Enkanowen
  • Islander
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 09:36 PM

LORD of the SWORD, on Jun 9 2005, 10:32 PM, said:

That sounds nice on paper, and in principle. But sadly reality doesn't adhere to it. I try my best to live like that, but I'm from the old school. You F*ck with me, it's a must that I F*ck with you.

then I am very glad you're not a person I will ever associate with outside the online environment. Behaviour like that just helps induce further violence.

Quote

Would the media be on it like they were? No. And odds are we wouldn't be talking about it here either. But if I was that clerk and Joe X threw the phone at me...I'm loosing my job, same way I would've if it had been Crowe. I wouldn't care who threw it, but the person who did would be getting the beating of a lifetime. As for being violent first? No...I don't agree with that. But once someone puts their hands on me, or in this case, throws a phone...it's on.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


So you end up losing your job because someone else attacked you... that's pretty silly, don't you think?

Edited by Enkanowen, 09 June 2005 - 10:46 PM.


#37 Enkanowen

Enkanowen
  • Islander
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 10:43 PM

Enkanowen, on Jun 9 2005, 10:36 PM, said:

LORD of the SWORD, on Jun 9 2005, 10:32 PM, said:

That sounds nice on paper, and in principle. But sadly reality doesn't adhere to it. I try my best to live like that, but I'm from the old school. You F*ck with me, it's a must that I F*ck with you.

then I am very glad you're not a person I will ever associate with outside the online environment. Behaviour like that just helps induce further violence.

Quote

Would the media be on it like they were? No. And odds are we wouldn't be talking about it here either. But if I was that clerk and Joe X threw the phone at me...I'm loosing my job, same way I would've if it had been Crowe. I wouldn't care who threw it, but the person who did would be getting the beating of a lifetime. As for being violent first? No...I don't agree with that. But once someone puts their hands on me, or in this case, throws a phone...it's on.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


So you end up losing your job because someone else attacked you... that's pretty silly, don't you think?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>



#38 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 10:49 PM

Enkanowen, on Jun 9 2005, 09:36 PM, said:

So you end up losing your job because someone else attacked you... that's pretty silly, don't you think?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


I've lost jobs for less. I don't tolerate or put up with much s**t from anybody...my bosses included...Which is probably why I go through jobs pretty quickly...but so be it...It's who I am. I speak what's on my mind, and I have this bad little habit of defending myself.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#39 Enkanowen

Enkanowen
  • Islander
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 10:53 PM

LORD of the SWORD, on Jun 9 2005, 11:49 PM, said:

I've lost jobs for less. I don't tolerate or put up with much s**t from anybody...my bosses included...Which is probably why I go through jobs pretty quickly...but so be it...It's who I am. I speak what's on my mind, and I have this bad little habit of defending myself.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


But one could argue that hey it's how Russell Crowe is... he throws cellphones at people...

#40 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 10:58 PM

Enkanowen, on Jun 9 2005, 10:53 PM, said:

But one could argue that hey it's how Russell Crowe is... he throws cellphones at people...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


First I don't think it was a cellphone he threw. Second, that's probably a perfect example of why Crowe and I wouldn't get along. We seem to be going back and forth on this issue, and getting nowhere fast.

You seem to be saying: "Hey, it was Russel Crowe who did this...it's not that big of a deal."

Where I am saying: "I don't care who it was, I'd still stick a boot up his behind."

I seriously doubt either of us is going to change the others mind. Why don't we agree to disagree.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson



Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Crime, Russell Crowe, Assault & Battery, Media

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users