Ogami
  • Islander
  • 2,976 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 01:28 PM

TV show depicts 9/11 as Bush plot
By Tom Goeller
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
June 09, 2005

A fictional crime drama based on the premise that the Bush administration ordered the September 11 attacks on the World Trade Center and Washington aired this week on German state television, prompting the Green Party chairman to call for an investigation.
    "I think absolutely nothing of the conspiracy theory that has been hawked in this series. I hope this particular TV movie will be discussed very critically at the next supervisory board meeting of ARD [state television]," said Green Party Chairman Reinhard Buetikofer, who acknowledged that he had not seen the show.
    Sunday night's episode of "Tatort," a popular murder mystery that has been running on state-run ARD-German television for 35 years, revolved around a German woman and a man who was killed in her apartment.
    According to the plot, which was seen by approximately 7 million Germans, the dead man had been trained to be one of the September 11 pilots but was left behind, only to be tracked down and killed by CIA or FBI assassins.
    The woman, who says in the program that the September 11 attacks were instigated by the Bush family for oil and power, then is targeted, presumably to silence her. The drama concludes with the German detectives accepting the truth of her story as she eludes the U.S. government hit men and escapes to safety in an unnamed Arab country.
    As ludicrous as it may sound to most Americans, the tale has resonance in Germany, where fantastic conspiracy theories often are taken as fact.
(end excerpt)
http://www.washtimes...95942-4588r.htm

Why would they need German conspiracy theories? They can get the same information from Michael Moore and his similar-thinking allies in Hollywood and Washington.

-Ogami

#2 Enkanowen

Enkanowen
  • Islander
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 01:34 PM

I love Tatort... it is a great *fictional* crime series... better than CSI and Alias combined

#3 Ogami

Ogami
  • Islander
  • 2,976 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 02:00 PM

Alias often has plot touches that mention the "crazed neocons" giving orders from above. But then Jennifer Garner goes undercover in a bikini or slinky dress, and then I don't mind. :)

-Ogami

#4 Enkanowen

Enkanowen
  • Islander
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 02:15 PM

this is very true... Tatort generally doesnt have Jennifer Garner in a bikini... rawr

#5 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 02:27 PM

Alias often has plot touches that mention the "crazed neocons" giving orders from above. But then Jennifer Garner goes undercover in a bikini or slinky dress, and then I don't mind.

:look:  No, it doesn't.  

And no, as much as you'd like to pretend otherwise, The Democratic Party a) is not synonymous with Michael Moore; and b) cannot be blamed for the contents of a German TV show.  

Nor can it be blamed for the essential nature of the human animal, which is to say, for people being prone to buy into absurd conspiracy theories absent any supporting evidence (such as the one that blames the DNC for all the world's ills).   :whistle:

There isn't enough mommy in the world to further a cause like yours!

#6 Julianus

Julianus
  • Islander
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 02:28 PM

A fictional crime drama based on the premise that the Bush administration ordered the September 11 attacks on the World Trade Center and Washington aired this week on German state television, prompting the Green Party chairman to call for an investigation.
and to think Georgie W. graduated from Yale with a 77 average!:eek2:

Jennifer Garner in a bikini might drive some liberals as well as neocons a little crazy. :D

#7 Atavus

Atavus

Buying more stuff on eBay

• Islander
  • 4,116 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 03:09 PM

From Washington Times via Ogami, on Jun 9 2005, 07:28 PM, said:

As ludicrous as it may sound to most Americans, the tale has resonance in Germany, where fantastic conspiracy theories often are taken as fact.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where on earth was the editor of this paper when his journalist wrote this sweeping generalisation?

It makes all German's sound like conspiracy nuts. :angry:

Edited by Atavus, 09 June 2005 - 03:29 PM.

Avid fan of "Everybody Loves Hypno-Toad" and Sophie

3000 posts and counting! :) - 18 October 05

#8 Enkanowen

Enkanowen
  • Islander
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 03:14 PM

Atavus, on Jun 9 2005, 04:09 PM, said:

From Washington Post via Ogami, on Jun 9 2005, 07:28 PM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where on earth was the editor of this paper when his journalist wrote this sweeping generalisation?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

we're not... we like suspense and thriller movies though... so I suppose that is how the 'reporter' may have misconstrued fact with fiction.

#9 Atavus

Atavus

• Islander
  • 4,116 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 03:18 PM

Enkanowen, on Jun 9 2005, 09:14 PM, said:

Atavus, on Jun 9 2005, 04:09 PM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

we're not... we like suspense and thriller movies though... so I suppose that is how the 'reporter' may have misconstrued fact with fiction.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I consider myself slightly German, I've lived in Germany more than half my life, but I don't think the general movie taste is any more skewed towards action and suspense than in other countries. The journalist just wanted a punchy-sounding paragraph.

#10 Zwolf

Zwolf
  • Islander
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 03:19 PM

They can get the same information from Michael Moore and his similar-thinking allies in Hollywood and Washington.

Not a big fan of Michael Moore - he's too far left for me - but can you produce evidence that he's ever claimed that Bush was behind 9-11?  'Cuz I've never heard him make that claim.   The only person I've heard making that claim is some looneytoon in France.  Can't handle Mike on his own claims, so you have to attribute false ones to him?

And how come Michael Moore has links to ways to help the troops when Ann Coulter's site is just full of self-promotional stuff?  Funny, that.

Cheers,

Zwolf
"I've moved on and I'm feeling fine
And I'll feel even better
When your life has nothing to do with mine."
-Pittbull, "No Love Lost"

"There are things that I'd like to say
But I'm never talking to you again
There's things I'd like to phrase some way

I'm never talking to you again
I'm never talking to you
I'm tired of wasting all my time
Trying to talk to you

I'd put you down where you belong
I'd show you everywhere you're wrong

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you."
- Husker Du, "Never Talking To You Again"

#11 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 03:24 PM

Atavus, on Jun 9 2005, 08:09 PM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's the Washington Times. They never make up facts. Just ask them.  They say their is no spin doctoring.

Edited by G1223, 09 June 2005 - 03:30 PM.

If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#12 Atavus

Atavus

• Islander
  • 4,116 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 03:28 PM

G1223, on Jun 9 2005, 09:24 PM, said:

Atavus, on Jun 9 2005, 08:09 PM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's the Washington Post. They never make up facts. Just ask them.  They say their is no spin doctoring

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, it's the Washington Times and I'm going back to correct that mistake.

#13 Kevin Street

Kevin Street
  • Islander
  • 6,256 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 03:28 PM

It's the Washington Post. They never make up facts. Just ask them. They say their is no spin doctoring

Nay, sir. It's the Washington Times, not the Post. The paper read by all good Moonies. :alien:

Edited by Kevin Street, 09 June 2005 - 03:30 PM.

Per aspera ad astra

#14 Call Me Robin

Call Me Robin

red-haired and proud

• Islander
  • 970 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 06:16 PM

Ogami, on Jun 9 2005, 06:28 PM, said:

TV show depicts 9/11 as Bush plot
By Tom Goeller
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
June 09, 2005

"I think absolutely nothing of the conspiracy theory that has been hawked in this series. I hope this particular TV movie will be discussed very critically at the next supervisory board meeting of ARD [state television]," said Green Party Chairman Reinhard Buetikofer, who acknowledged that he had not seen the show.
    Sunday night's episode of "Tatort," a popular murder mystery that has been running on state-run ARD-German television for 35 years, revolved around a German woman and a man who was killed in her apartment.
    According to the plot, which was seen by approximately 7 million Germans, the dead man had been trained to be one of the September 11 pilots but was left behind, only to be tracked down and killed by CIA or FBI assassins.
    The woman, who says in the program that the September 11 attacks were instigated by the Bush family for oil and power, then is targeted, presumably to silence her. The drama concludes with the German detectives accepting the truth of her story as she eludes the U.S. government hit men and escapes to safety in an unnamed Arab country.
(end excerpt)
http://www.washtimes...95942-4588r.htm

Why would they need German conspiracy theories? They can get the same information from Michael Moore and his similar-thinking allies in Hollywood and Washington.

-Ogami

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was at a party last night.  It was by the river.  They served wonderful food and I got to see some people I haven't seen in ages.
Of all the varieties of virtues, liberalism is the most beloved.
--Aristotle

The fanatic is not really a stickler to principle. He embraces a cause not primarily because of its justness or holiness but because of his desperate need for something to hold onto.
--Eric Hoffer

#15 Call Me Robin

Call Me Robin

red-haired and proud

• Islander
  • 970 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 06:18 PM

Zwolf666, on Jun 9 2005, 08:19 PM, said:

They can get the same information from Michael Moore and his similar-thinking allies in Hollywood and Washington.

Not a big fan of Michael Moore - he's too far left for me - but can you produce evidence that he's ever claimed that Bush was behind 9-11?  'Cuz I've never heard him make that claim.   The only person I've heard making that claim is some looneytoon in France.  Can't handle Mike on his own claims, so you have to attribute false ones to him?

And how come Michael Moore has links to ways to help the troops when Ann Coulter's site is just full of self-promotional stuff?  Funny, that.

Cheers,

Zwolf

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's because Moore actually cares about the troops and Coulter cares only about money and publicity.  You'll notice that the right-wing pundits haven't been very helpful about helping the troops.
--Aristotle

The fanatic is not really a stickler to principle. He embraces a cause not primarily because of its justness or holiness but because of his desperate need for something to hold onto.
--Eric Hoffer

#16 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 10:27 PM

You know generalizations like that is going to come back to bite you some day.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#17 Enkanowen

Enkanowen
  • Islander
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 10:32 PM

Call Me Robin, on Jun 9 2005, 07:18 PM, said:

It's because Moore actually cares about the troops and Coulter cares only about money and publicity.  You'll notice that the right-wing pundits haven't been very helpful about helping the troops.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

G1223, on Jun 9 2005, 11:27 PM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

definately, generalizing about so-called right-wingers, Germans or left-wingers are exactly that: generalizations and those are just as bad as prejudices.

#18 Call Me Robin

Call Me Robin

red-haired and proud

• Islander
  • 970 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 10:57 PM

G1223, on Jun 10 2005, 03:27 AM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, there's some truth to it.  Michael Moore has links on his web site to help soldiers.  Coulter does not.  Franken has gone overseas to entertain the troops.  Hannity and O'Reilly have not.

Note I said "right-wing pundits," not "right wingers."

Edited by Call Me Robin, 09 June 2005 - 10:58 PM.

--Aristotle

--Eric Hoffer

#19 eloisel

eloisel

Non-sequitur

• Islander
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 11:11 PM

Julianus, on Jun 9 2005, 07:28 PM, said:

Jennifer Garner in a bikini might drive some liberals as well as neocons a little crazy. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

she doesn't do a thing for me.  Must mean I'm neither a liberal nor a neocon.  Yeah!  Since I find Keith Hamilton Cobb in a chainmail vest, Brad Pitt in a skirt, and The Rock in a loincloth sights to twitter at :inlove: , what is my affiliation?  (Besides dirty old woman!)

Edited by eloisel, 09 June 2005 - 11:14 PM.

#20 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 11:13 PM

Eloisel, can I join that party? I agree with every one of your drools!
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 9/11, 2001, Top News, German TV Show, Bush Plot

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users