• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#21 eloisel

eloisel

Non-sequitur

• Islander
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 04:22 PM

Wow - Not Guilty on all counts and lesser charges.

It pretty much had to be all or nothing.  Either the accuser and his family was believable or they weren't.  Obviously, they weren't.  Now, what happens to them?

From what Jermaine has been saying, Michael will become a recluse.  I have a feeling there will be some truth to that.  If I were Michael, I'd burn Neverland to the ground and move to another country.

#22 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 04:23 PM

Smiley, on Jun 13 2005, 04:21 PM, said:

OI! I just heard he and Russel Crowe are heading out for pints and a bit of a foit!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well in that case, keep Crowe away from phones...lol
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#23 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 04:25 PM

Fire, sow salt and a few other purification ceremonies.  I think the vibes that place has collected definitely need something to release and remove them...
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#24 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 04:25 PM

eloisel, on Jun 13 2005, 04:22 PM, said:

It pretty much had to be all or nothing.  Either the accuser and his family was believable or they weren't.  Obviously, they weren't.  Now, what happens to them?

I seriously hope the accuser's brother is prosecuted for Perjury...along with the accuser himself.

From what Jermaine has been saying, Michael will become a recluse.  I have a feeling there will be some truth to that.  If I were Michael, I'd burn Neverland to the ground and move to another country.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now now, this is Jacko we're talking about. While burning Neverland down, and moving to another country might be a logical thing to do...That is the very reason Jacko isn't going to do it.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#25 szhismine

szhismine

why must you hurt me in this way Harry...

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 04:26 PM

i'm not surprised that he was found not guilty, i knew he would be. the story never added up for me, something seemed to be missing. but i am surprised that he wasn't found guilty on administering alcohol to minors. :blink:
Neville: "My grandmother forbids me from using raunchy language."
Harry: "Well your grandmother is a Blast-Ended Skank!"
Neville: *GASP*
Hermione: "He doesn't mean it Neville, he's just testing out some wizard swears."
Harry: "I mean every word I ever say ever, because I'm Harry Potter." --'Wizard Swears', Potter Puppet Pals

Hermione: "What's your problem Harry?"
Harry: "My parents are dead, my life sucks, I can't hold down a girlfriend, and I'm surrounded by f*ck*ng goblins and sh*t all the time. I mean what the f*ck?"
Ron: "But it's magic Harry. The goblins are magical!" --'Wizard Angst', Potter Puppet Pals

Me: "It's just a matter of looking past [McKay's] arrogant exterior to see his warm, fuzzy, probably angst-filled interior."
Hawkeye: "You harperchondriac girls think everyone has an angst filled interior."

"Good gods, you sniff out angst like a police dog sniffs out drugs." --Lyric (to me)

#26 Zwolf

Zwolf
  • Islander
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 04:26 PM

Damn.  Well, I'm not happy.  So I hope I'm at least wrong about him, because I'd seriously hate for a child molester to go free...  :angry:

The word "travesty" is coming to mind, though...

Cheers,

Zwolf
"I've moved on and I'm feeling fine
And I'll feel even better
When your life has nothing to do with mine."
-Pittbull, "No Love Lost"

"There are things that I'd like to say
But I'm never talking to you again
There's things I'd like to phrase some way

I'm never talking to you again
I'm never talking to you
I'm tired of wasting all my time
Trying to talk to you

I'd put you down where you belong
I'd show you everywhere you're wrong

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you."
- Husker Du, "Never Talking To You Again"

#27 Pip

Pip

Still a pervy hobbit fancier... all these years later

• Islander
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 04:27 PM

I, like Shal, don't know what to say.
Dance as if no one were watching, sing as if no one were listening, and live every day as if it were your last.  --Irish Proverb

#28 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

Shh... the lambs are sleeping...

• Islander
  • 6,686 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 04:28 PM

Hi there!

This just in:

From Yahoo News and Associated Press:

Michael Jackson Acquitted on All Counts
AP - 5 minutes ago
SANTA MARIA, Calif. - A jury acquitted Michael Jackson on Monday of molesting a 13-year-old cancer survivor at his Neverland ranch, vindicating the pop star who insisted he was the victim of mother-and-son con artists and a prosecutor with a vendetta. Jurors also acquitted him of conspiring to imprison his accuser and the boy's family at the storybook estate -  a total legal victory but one that may do little to improve his bizarre image.

Greets
Lambsilencer

#29 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big.

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 04:30 PM

eloisel, on Jun 13 2005, 04:22 PM, said:

It pretty much had to be all or nothing.  Either the accuser and his family was believable or they weren't.  Obviously, they weren't.  Now, what happens to them?

From what Jermaine has been saying, Michael will become a recluse.  I have a feeling there will be some truth to that.  If I were Michael, I'd burn Neverland to the ground and move to another country.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, Michael still has those MASSIVE financial problems to deal with. I don't know how close to bankruptcy he is, but I hear he's not doing as well as he should be. I don't even want to think about the legal costs.  :fear:

So Michael is innocent. Fine. He needs to do one thing....

STAY.

AWAY.

FROM.

KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He HAS to curb whatever obsession he has with kids and go into seclusion for a LONG time.

But I don't think he's learned his lesson. :(
Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#30 shambalayogi

shambalayogi

Fan of Many Things

• Islander
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 04:38 PM

I have some mixed feelings about the verdict.  I wasn't convinced of the validity of the plaintiff and his family's complaints but I do think Michael Jackson used very bad judgment in acting with the kids the way he did.

I certainly hope he or those around him will keep him away from children for his own sake and the kids.

Given the way the local law enforcement was after him, he might want to move far away from that part of California.

Edited by shambalayogi, 13 June 2005 - 04:39 PM.

Shamba,
I Trust SNAPE!  so .. he better be loyal!
I Knew Where NZ was before LOTR!
Frodo Lives! Long Live the King!
It may not be a time of myth and legend, but it's
definitely a time for heroes and heroines!
Shambalayogi's Retreat
Tulsa Trek Expo
Comic Con In 2008
Learn About Peak Oil

#31 eloisel

eloisel

Non-sequitur

• Islander
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 04:40 PM

Well, it remains to be seen what the Jackson camp does - they've definitely closed ranks around him.  From the looks of MJ, he was heavily sedated.  When he raised his hand to wave at the audience, his hand was shaking and he had to pull it back.  He was probably quite numb.

MJ has children and at some point they will have friends.  If  MJ has any sense, when his children's friends are around, MJ will make certain that a film crew is documenting every single minute of any type of contact he has with them.

#32 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,309 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 04:40 PM

shambalayogi, on Jun 13 2005, 05:38 PM, said:

I have some mixed feelings about the verdict.  I wasn't convinced of the validity of the plaintiff and his family's complaints but I do think Michael Jackson used very bad judgment in acting with the kids the way he did.

I certainly hope he or those around him will keep him away from children for his own sake and the kids.

Given the way the local law enforcement was after him, he might want to move far away from that part of California.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ditto.

I also note that the jurors seem to have been very careful in their deliberations.  We still live in a beyond reasonable doubt society (Thank God!) so...  I think there were plenty of doubts.

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#33 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 04:41 PM

Digital Man, on Jun 13 2005, 04:30 PM, said:

Well, Michael still has those MASSIVE financial problems to deal with. I don't know how close to bankruptcy he is, but I hear he's not doing as well as he should be. I don't even want to think about the legal costs.  :fear:

So Michael is innocent. Fine. He needs to do one thing....

STAY.

AWAY.

FROM.

KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He HAS to curb whatever obsession he has with kids and go into seclusion for a LONG time.

But I don't think he's learned his lesson. :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, though, Jacko has a habit of firing those who say "No" to him, or disagree with him...so I don't see him changing anytime soon.

#34 Josh

Josh

He stares...

• Islander
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 04:43 PM

I really have no comment. *shrug* I never knew whether he was guilty or not and frankly didn't care. The fact that he's now largely reviled and bankrupt is punishment enough.
"THE UNICORNS ARE NOT TO BE TRIFLED WITH!" - John Burke.

#35 eloisel

eloisel

Non-sequitur

• Islander
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 04:46 PM

Too bad MJ can't get any relief for the attorney's fees he has had to pay to defend himself against those scam artists.

I don't know about being bankrupt, though.  He owns so much that I imagine he can liquidate some of his assets - such as the Beatles and Elvis music rights - that he can get out of his current situation.  Will be interesting to see what will happen with him.

#36 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 04:47 PM

LORD of the SWORD, on Jun 13 2005, 04:41 PM, said:

Unfortunately, though, Jacko has a habit of firing those who say "No" to him, or disagree with him...so I don't see him changing anytime soon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I hope he at least changes his undies. :p They must be soiled beyond belief from all the crapping in his pants he must have done, in anticipating this verdict. :p
Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#37 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 04:48 PM

Josh, on Jun 13 2005, 04:43 PM, said:

The fact that he's now largely reviled and bankrupt is punishment enough.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That depends who you talk to. MSNBC reporters say he's still popular in Europe & Asia-although his popularity in the U.S. is no longer what it was.

:eh:
Posted Image

#38 eloisel

eloisel

Non-sequitur

• Islander
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 04:49 PM

No wonder MJ paid off the kids from before.  Even with his day in court, even found NOT GUILTY - there will always be people who will insist he is.

#39 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 04:51 PM

Digital Man, on Jun 13 2005, 04:47 PM, said:

Well I hope he at least changes his undies. :p They must be soiled beyond belief from all the crapping in his pants he must have done, in anticipating this verdict. :p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah, but some weirdos actually LIKE that sort of thing. Sitting down with his own soiled undies just might turn him on. LOL

#40 Cyncie

Cyncie

Cool Daddio!

• Islander
  • 689 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 04:54 PM

Well, a "not guilty" verdict doesn't necessarily mean he didn't do it. It just means that the prosecution didn't prove a case beyond a reasonable doubt. It doesn't surprise me, given the lack of integrity of everyone involved.

I just hope, for the sake of all those kids who will no doubt wind up sleeping over at Neverland in the future, that he actually isn't guilty.

Goodnight, Sweetheart
Well, it's time to go...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Crime, Michael Jackson, Verdict, Child Molestation Case

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users