• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 12:01 PM

We are currently in between major Trancer RPG and now is a great time to jump in and give it a try. The Trancer RPG tends to move slower than most others so it is easier (I hope) for people who want to play but don't have much time, to get into.

All you have to do is think up a character and what kind of abilities he/she might have. Then PM Rae or myself with the information and we will help you get started. There is lots of help available as you learn, also.

Characters can be any race you would like to be.

Try it, it's FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 01:41 PM

Well here I am to sorta save the day.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#3 Jack_and_Kate

Jack_and_Kate
  • Islander
  • 155 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 01:41 PM

Okay I'm relatively new here, not really, but I still don't know how to use the personal message function... but in any event I'd like to join, I just need someone to tell me where to go so that I can use the PM thing... anyways thanks bye.

#4 QuiGon John

QuiGon John

Gone

• Islander
  • 4,158 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 04:55 PM

Hmm... you know, I've been thinking seriously about giving RP another try, lately.  And I must admit, the twisted part of my brain is much intrigued by the thought of making my return to the genre in a Trancer RPG... the times, they have a-changed. ;)

I think I'll send off a PM...

#5 Josh

Josh

He stares...

• Islander
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 04:56 PM

Can't kill me. I think I'm going to join up too. It's been a while though so I might be rusty. ;)
"THE UNICORNS ARE NOT TO BE TRIFLED WITH!" - John Burke.

#6 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,188 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 05:52 PM

If Josh is returning, there might be some openings for interaction between Rommie and Josh again. It's been a long time. ;)

I'm geared up, and would like to talk to you LoP. I've got some ideas for my character, but I want to run them by you first. :)

Rommie :cylon:
Posted Image

#7 Josh

Josh

He stares...

• Islander
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 06:06 PM

Yup, I'm coming in. I suspect there's going to be lots of interactions. But be warned... Josh is a changed man. Again. ;)

#8 QuiGon John

QuiGon John

Gone

• Islander
  • 4,158 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 06:07 PM

Jack_and_Kate, on Jun 14 2005, 02:41 PM, said:

Okay I'm relatively new here, not really, but I still don't know how to use the personal message function... but in any event I'd like to join, I just need someone to tell me where to go so that I can use the PM thing... anyways thanks bye.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, the simplest way is probably just to go to a post by the person you want to talk to, look in the lower-left hand corner, and click on "Send Msg."

#9 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,188 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 06:12 PM

Josh, on Jun 14 2005, 04:06 PM, said:

Yup, I'm coming in. I suspect there's going to be lots of interactions. But be warned... Josh is a changed man. Again. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So has Rommie. The last time Josh saw him, he was an avatar. Now he's human, and he's got Bonespurs. So we're both changed men. ;)

Posted Image

#10 Josh

Josh

He stares...

• Islander
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 06:16 PM

Wow, that IS a change! :o Did we ever interact in the old days? Most of my posts were with eT and LoP in the REALLY old days and then I teamed up with Jon in 2002...

#11 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,188 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 06:40 PM

Josh, on Jun 14 2005, 04:16 PM, said:

Wow, that IS a change! :o Did we ever interact in the old days? Most of my posts were with eT and LoP in the REALLY old days and then I teamed up with Jon in 2002...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We did a sort of cross-promotional thing. It was "The Search for Senar". Where we went to rescue her from kidnappers. I can't remember what happened to your character though. I'll have to go back and research it again.

Posted Image

#12 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,188 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 06:47 PM

Here's the link to Romulus' history, Josh. You seemed curious. :)

http://www.exisle.ne...ndpost&p=563715

Posted Image

#13 Josh

Josh

He stares...

• Islander
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 06:48 PM

Search for Senar?  I don't have it in my logs but I do vaguely recall doing it. It's been so long and I was a completely different person back then... it's just hard to remember.

I saved all of my RP threads and I've been reading through them recently. I'm going to write a post about it in my LJ tonight so stay tuned. Needless to say, it was a somewhat odd experience.

Edited by Josh, 14 June 2005 - 06:57 PM.

#14 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 06:58 PM

I think Erica is ready to return..... :D.

I'll go back and reread what was writtin about her leaving and make something up and PM you two, Rae and LoP, with some ideas for returning! :D

And w0000000000000000t for John and Josh joining!!!!  And hi to Rommie who joined while Erica was away!!!

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 14 June 2005 - 07:05 PM.

#15 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,188 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 07:18 PM

Josh, on Jun 14 2005, 04:48 PM, said:

Search for Senar?  I don't have it in my logs but I do vaguely recall doing it. It's been so long and I was a completely different person back then... it's just hard to remember.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I found the initial interaction, but after the thread was closed, I don't know where it went......

http://www.streamera...2001_10/003.htm

Posted Image

#16 Josh

Josh

He stares...

• Islander
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 07:27 PM

Yup, those are definitely my posts... I can't remember writing them though. Wierd...

#17 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 03:45 AM

YAYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

*does the happy tail dance*

Hey Guys - welcome and welcome home to Erica and Josh - this is going to be so much fun :D :D :D

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#18 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 02:19 PM

Okay, I need to refresh myself on my own character, so I'm going to do a little bio here as I go...then I'll PM with new stuff to make sure I can come back! :D

Posted Image

Erica DuBouvior, a now-19-year old Nietzschean, is Celeste's younger sister.  Erica arrived on Kroyous perhaps 7 or 8 months ago in search of her sister after having run away from their parents and pride six months previously for that sole purpose.  Erica is very outgoing and outspoken; very talkative for a Nietszchean.  She's prone to exuberance and is curious beyond her own good sometimes. She's not a typical Niet teenager, but reminiscent of an Earth teenager with some Nietzschean qualities.  Next to eating, since nearly everything makes Erica hungry, her favorite past-time is shopping…and flying Trancer fighters.

Apparently impressed with her intelligence (underneath the young Nietzschean’s exuberant exterior), the Trancer President himself placed Erica in an advanced program for fighter pilots…intending to have her fly the new Scorpion fighters as well as be his personal pilot for the Purple Horizon.  Athena had personally instructed Erica in several simulations inside LoP’s ship and the AI and young woman had hit it off very well.

While successfully completing her training, Erica was permanently given the original Scorpion fighter that LoP and its personal mechanic, John Johnston, had built and retrofitted with new advancements.  The young Nietschean pilot had bonded with the AI, Carol, and named her fighter the Black Viper.

After a bit of a scary adventure in which Erica had been kidnapped by Evil LoP, but rescued by LoP, her sister, and all her friends, the young pilot joined a Trancer squadron of fighters under the command of a handsome Nietzschean named Zane Keir.  Only two people can give orders to Erica, the Trancer President and Zane…all other orders from other people must come directly from those two men.  Well, and Celeste can still pretty much tell Erica what to do…if the younger Du Bouvoir will listen.

During a formal party and celebration to welcome in the newest Trancer ship, the Guardian Angel, Erica and Zane were personally sent by LoP to deal with a situation that was arising on Omicrona Six. Three years ago the President had handled a peace treaty between the planets main factions. Part of the treaty required that he send a team in any time something threatened that peace.  A group of terrorists had recently seized one of the Minitrates' moon bases. The Deltoids say that the terrorists were not acting with the government's permission and both sides were quite disturbed.  Zane and Erica were sent to the system to look over the situation and come up with a solution that didn’t involve a war, much to the two Nietzscheans’ dismay.  War was in their blood even if they curbed their impulses on Kroyous.  But they would follow orders and take their Scorpions to make the terrorists think twice about escalating the situation.

LoP’s last words to Erica and Zane were, “Try to do things without force if possible. And bring both Scorpions back.”

#19 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 02:24 PM

Of course you can join back in. LoP will be looking forward to the report. ;)

#20 Josh

Josh

He stares...

• Islander
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 02:26 PM

Say, LoP...

I don't know how busy you are but is there any chance I can bribe you into doing a joint post when we do eventually get the two characters together? I'm in no hurry at the moment because there's still some more character stuff I want to do but tt's gonna be pretty tough to get all the details in when we're just posting back and forth... and it could take a few years too. ;)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users