• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#41 Anakam

Anakam

Way Star

• Islander
  • 13,862 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 07:18 AM

I don't think it should be the same scene, though, given that the RP in which the conversation was supposed to take place is kind of, erm, done and into intermission. ;)
Sailing free, boundless glimmer, golden whispers, fiery poise, delicate balance, grave and true, bound by earth, feared horizons, courageous steps unknown, shimmering future hidden yet unveiled....

I think you're the first female cast member to *insist* on playing a guy ;) - Iolanthe, on my cross-casting obsession.

This royal throne of kings, this scepter'd isle, this earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, this other Eden, demi-paradise, this fortress built by Nature for herself... - John of Gaunt, Act II, Scene I, Richard II

"I think perhaps that was a sub-optimal phrasing for the maintenance of harmony within the collective." - Omega, here

"Courtesy is how we got civilized. The blind assertion of rights is what threatens to decivilize us. Everybody's got lots of rights that are set out legally. Responsibilities are not enumerated, for good reason, but they are set into the social fabric. Is it such a sacrifice to not be an a**hole?" - Jenny Smith on Usenet, via Jid, via Kathy

#42 QuiGon John

QuiGon John

Gone

• Islander
  • 4,158 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 10:29 AM

Hey guys?

I'm sorry, but I gave it a try, it was fun for a bit, but... I don't think I can join after all.  I'm still too self-conscious about it, and it takes me too long to figure out what I should post; if I tried to play, I'd hold you all up.

I suggest Rae just arrests/lets go/shoots/whatever works with my character and you move on without me.  Thanks for giving me a chance, at any rate.

John

#43 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 10:34 AM

John Burke, on Jun 21 2005, 08:29 AM, said:

Hey guys?

I'm sorry, but I gave it a try, it was fun for a bit, but... I don't think I can join after all.  I'm still too self-conscious about it, and it takes me too long to figure out what I should post; if I tried to play, I'd hold you all up.

I suggest Rae just arrests/lets go/shoots/whatever works with my character and you move on without me.  Thanks for giving me a chance, at any rate.

John

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hold it there, Bub! (I've always wanted to say that :D ).

Actually John, our RP moves very slow anyaway. There is never any hurry,. so if you feel like still giving it a go we will be glad to wait. Well, I will anyway. If you really want out, I can arrange that but if you want to stay , I would like you to.

It is your decision, of course since I won't force anyone to stay if they can't have some fun.

LoP

#44 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 12:29 PM

John - you aren't holding anyone up at all - I have limited time these days and for what it's worth, I think your posts are great (and no I am not just saying that, they really are) but if you aren't enjoying it we will reluctantly let you go............................

Herk hasn't shot anyone for ages :devil:

//////John

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#45 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 01:49 PM

Don't leave John!! I haven't been able to post for two days now  :blush: :wink:......., so it's okay!!!  Stay and give it another shot, please!!!  :hehe:

*I'm posting later today, though......the kids are watching a video with the class next door (in our room!), but I'm afraid if I tried to post an RP post now, I'd get too into it and forget the kids are here :wink:.*

#46 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 02:14 PM

Actually John you have given me a few ideas of how to work you into a few ideas I have for a storyseed to hand off to LOP.

The seed is this. James is getting ready to start up a intellegence service. That is going to require a method of getting people and materials into places and out without drawing attention of the local governments.

Now it would require repairing the ship and also allowing your character to run his ship as he sees fit. At least unless it really messes the jobs handed to you.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#47 Josh

Josh

He stares...

• Islander
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 05:42 PM

Honestly, this RP is moving far slower than it did the last time I was a part of it. I find myself really unable to do anything...
"THE UNICORNS ARE NOT TO BE TRIFLED WITH!" - John Burke.

#48 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,188 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 05:50 PM

I do find it to be moving slower than my brain is moving with my character, but I'll try to adjust.

Unfortunately, I'm not finding a way to fit him, and my potential in.
Posted Image

#49 Josh

Josh

He stares...

• Islander
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 05:53 PM

We probably think more in-depth than most. ;) I tend to write large character-driven posts but everyone is too busy! :p

I really can't do anything until after the talk with LoP. After that, I have lots of options.

#50 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,188 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 06:04 PM

Josh, on Jun 21 2005, 03:53 PM, said:

We probably think more in-depth than most. ;) I tend to write large character-driven posts but everyone is too busy! :p

I really can't do anything until after the talk with LoP. After that, I have lots of options.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've got a lot of things going on in my head for my character, which LoP has approved most of it, but it's the rest which is the troubling part to fit in.

Someday I'll catch him on MSN before he blinks off. ;)
Posted Image

#51 Josh

Josh

He stares...

• Islander
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 06:14 PM

Oh, I'm still thinking up what's wrong with my character. One thought that I've had DEFINITELY needs to be approved. ;) The rest are just minor personality changes.

He's hard to grab though. I might have to drive down to Oregon and kidnap him. Mwahahahahahahahaha!

#52 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 06:26 PM

Come on people, I show up here almost daily. :p

As to working people in, LoP will get around to everyone. Trust me. That's the fun part I get, helping people fit in. :)

After LoP visits our newest criminal, he will visit Josh.

OnceI know if John wants to stick with us, I'll have a position for his character. I've got a good idea for Rommie's position. Like I have said, I try to put everyone on the staff if possible. Keeps everyone involved some how. :)

#53 Josh

Josh

He stares...

• Islander
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 06:34 PM

Well, I can tell you that John is currently in the middle of an internet break (indefinitely). Either way, we won't be hearing from him for a while...

I still like that kidnap idea though...

#54 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,740 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 07:18 PM

^At least let him bring his purple afghan with him when you kidnap him ;)

I guess we could be having a late lunch so we can attend the dinner too :)

#55 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 11:19 PM

I'll get John placed. :)

#56 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 12:00 AM

James is working off ship time. And ship time can be different than planet time.

Also I have called lunch dinner and dinner as Supper.

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

#57 Ishmael Autolycus

Ishmael Autolycus

A wanderer, and a picker-up of unregarded trifles.

• Islander
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 12:23 AM

I think I'd like to try this RP thing again, and dust off Ishmael, Ziporah and Fluffy, along with the Maskirovka.

If you don't mind LOP I'll work on getting their profiles in order and PM you this weekend.
And let us, ciphers to this great accompt,
On your imaginary forces work.

-Wm. Shakespeare Henry V Prologue

Now, was it just the eggs? Or was the ham green as well?

#58 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,188 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 01:22 AM

Ismael! Long time no see! This is bringing everyone out of the woodworks! :D

Rommie :cylon:
Posted Image

#59 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 01:30 AM

Now if John does not bring back his old Alpha ( The one who banished me) I could go along with a long of the old time crowd.

TANSTAAFL

#60 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 09:35 AM

Ishmael Autolycus, on Jun 22 2005, 10:23 PM, said:

I think I'd like to try this RP thing again, and dust off Ishmael, Ziporah and Fluffy, along with the Maskirovka.

If you don't mind LOP I'll work on getting their profiles in order and PM you this weekend.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

SUPER!!

Welcome and I look forward to it. :)

LoP

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users