• Please log in to reply
236 replies to this topic

#221 Nonprofit

Nonprofit
  • Islander
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:24 AM

[QUOTE=QueenTiye Posted Today, 07:55 AM
Thank you again...  It was just not that comfortable to be named after this forum...

QT[/QUOTE]

That is what made it so frightening and so embarrassing...I think I will just call you Queen,  it better suits you.... :D

[quote name='QueenTiye Posted Today' date=' 09:43 AM']
  This ongoing argument about who said what aside - what exactly is the problem with saying that we wanted her to die? For those of us who read the evidence and concluded that she was in no further condition to live in any way that could possibly have been meaningful for her, why wouldn't we have wanted her to die?[/QUOTE]

Beautifully said. And right on the spot.
Thanks for your input Queen.

RuReddy

#222 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:29 AM

RuReddy1, on Jun 23 2005, 08:10 AM, said:

Cheile
.... I'm asking you to please put me on your ignore list. Thank you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hold that thought.  :oh:

RuReddy1, on Jun 23 2005, 08:10 AM, said:

Nonny
*snerk* How very ironic.

Here's the deal: somebody may leave, but come back
Yes it is very IRONIC....Since this was used as a tool to smack Ogami.  Sad.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What's ironic is that you announced that you put me on Ignore.  When you put people on Ignore, it's a good idea to not respond to their posts, or quote them, or show in any way that, in fact, you can't ignore them.  Perhaps I was too hasty in editing that post.  It wasn't insulting or dismissive, just an explanation of the Ignore function.  

Nonny
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#223 Nonprofit

Nonprofit
  • Islander
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 12:01 PM

left blank  :)

Edited by RuReddy1, 27 July 2005 - 10:27 PM.

#224 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 12:46 PM

RuReddy1, on Jun 23 2005, 09:01 AM, said:

^ I don't recall my announcement. LOL  Would you kindly supply some kind of proof?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As soon as you answer all of our questions and requests for clarification in this thread.  :)

Nonny
Posted Image

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#225 Nonprofit

Nonprofit
  • Islander
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 01:28 PM

Edited by RuReddy1, 27 July 2005 - 10:28 PM.

#226 Kevin Street

Kevin Street
  • Islander
  • 6,256 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 01:39 PM

[staff hat on]
Please people, let's stick to the subject and not discuss each other. This kind of back and forth accomplishes nothing.
[/staff hat off]
Per aspera ad astra

#227 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 01:46 PM

Just so you know, I have the proof ready to post.  

No, this is not a game.  Several of us have asked you questions and requested clarification.  When you're ready to back your own words, I'll be happy to back mine.  

If, of course, you can't back your own words, and you post a retraction of your statement, I will post my proof.  

Nonny
Posted Image

#228 Kevin Street

Kevin Street
  • Islander
  • 6,256 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 01:49 PM

C'mon now, this is supposed to be a conversation, not an argument. There no winning or losing here. Can't we just discuss the subject?

#229 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 01:50 PM

Sorry, Kevin, I tend to post slowly, and didn't see your post before I hit the Add Reply button.  

Nonny
Posted Image

#230 Kevin Street

Kevin Street
  • Islander
  • 6,256 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 02:13 PM

No problem. :)

#231 Nonprofit

Nonprofit
  • Islander
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 02:39 PM

Oh such a BIG decision.....

I'm ready......

I'll take whats behind Door # 3 Bob..... :lol:

RuReddy

#232 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 03:40 PM

QueenTiye, on Jun 23 2005, 09:43 AM, said:

This ongoing argument about who said what aside - what exactly is the problem with saying that we wanted her to die?

~.~ hi QT,
The only problem in this case/thread, is the suggestion, however innocent it is proposed to be, that we gleefully hoped for her death.
I am not ashamed to admit I wanted her shell to be allowed to follow her spirit. So, there is no problem.

For those of us who read the evidence and concluded that she was in no further condition to live in any way that could possibly have been meaningful for her, why wouldn't we have wanted her to die?

~.~ Exactly, can you imagine being stuck in some kind of limbo because the people you love were unable to let you go?

Why is there this morbid fear of death anyway?  Death is the portal into another existence, or so I believe, but even if one doesn't believe that, one cannot negate the fact that death is, after all, a part of life.

~.~ The only fear of death I have now, is the fear of leaving my child like my father left me upon his death. Otherwise, as you said, death is simply another step in life.

We die, and give life to the planet in the form of space for other people to live - if nothing else.  We leave to others our legacy of life - a legacy that can never be written and fairly evaluated until a period can be put at the end.  That legacy, whether we lived well or not - is a lesson to someone else... if we'd only learn to reverence those who go before us

~.~ Nicely said. All life is a lesson, I just hope Terri's was a lesson not lost.

- and to treat their lives as scripture...we'd be glad to see them go when their time had really come, and slow to rush them off, since the story isn't over till it is.
QT

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

~.~ Glad, perhaps is not quite the word I would use, for sadness would still prevail, but I do understand what you mean.
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#233 Lin731

Lin731
  • Islander
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 03:59 PM

Elara
~.~ hi QT,
The only problem in this case/thread, is the suggestion, however innocent it is proposed to be, that we gleefully hoped for her death.
I am not ashamed to admit I wanted her shell to be allowed to follow her spirit. So, there is no problem.

Exactly, I saw that and had a mental picture of the guy in the Adam Sandler movies with his pitch fork and overalls going "You can doooooooooo ittttttttttttttttttttttt, rip the frigging feeding tube out". None of us were gleeful about it and it was irksome to see it portrayed as if we were doing a happy dance at Teri's demise.

Edited by Lin731, 23 June 2005 - 04:04 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#234 nutmeg

nutmeg

Just passing through

• Islander
  • 169 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 04:39 PM

Um, I thought you were leaving this board if I was allowed to stay? Amazing that such a short time has passed since you made that staement and here you are posting to me. Holy Batman!

Glad you showed up since you are a true blue democrat. And just between us, we know that some of those quotes belong to democrats, now don't we. wink2.gif

:lol  Now this is funny. Geee whiz, golly, when did I say I was going to leave the board forever if you were allowed to stay? I was on vacation (out of the country, off-line) for three weeks, came back, saw this thread, and made a post. I thought I was pretty gentle with you in trying to show you why your arguments are generating mostly negative reactions.

As far as being a democrat or not, you sure have tried hard enough to make people feel defensive about that. Nice try. But there is nothing to be defensive about. If it makes you feel better, smarter, taller, and fit into a smaller dress size, then here you go :)

I AM A DEMOCRAT YOU ARE NOT.  I AM A DEMOCRAT AND YOU ARE NOT.  I AM A DEMOCRAT AND YOU ARE NOT. I AM SPARTACUS AND .....oops I got carried away. Anyway, back to lurking. Have fun. This has become boring.

nutmeg

#235 Call Me Robin

Call Me Robin

red-haired and proud

• Islander
  • 970 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 05:53 AM

Lin731, on Jun 23 2005, 08:59 PM, said:

Elara
~.~ hi QT,

Exactly, I saw that and had a mental picture of the guy in the Adam Sandler movies with his pitch fork and overalls going "You can doooooooooo ittttttttttttttttttttttt, rip the frigging feeding tube out". None of us were gleeful about it and it was irksome to see it portrayed as if we were doing a happy dance at Teri's demise.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And, of course, the folks doing the happy dance were ALL Democrats.   True blue Democrats.  :rolleyes:
Of all the varieties of virtues, liberalism is the most beloved.
--Aristotle

The fanatic is not really a stickler to principle. He embraces a cause not primarily because of its justness or holiness but because of his desperate need for something to hold onto.
--Eric Hoffer

#236 Nonprofit

Nonprofit
  • Islander
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 11:08 PM

RuReddy Jun 22 2005, on 04:11 PM, said:

Um, I thought you were leaving this board if I was allowed to stay?

nutmeg Posted Yesterday, on 04:39 PM, said:

:lol Now this is funny. Geee whiz, golly, when did I say I was going to leave the board forever if you were allowed to stay? I was on vacation (out of the country, off-line) for three weeks, came back, saw this thread, and made a post. I thought I was pretty gentle with you in trying to show you why your arguments are generating mostly negative reactions.

As far as being a democrat or not, you sure have tried hard enough to make people feel defensive about that. Nice try. But there is nothing to be defensive about. If it makes you feel better, smarter, taller, and fit into a smaller dress size, then here you go

I AM A DEMOCRAT YOU ARE NOT. I AM A DEMOCRAT AND YOU ARE NOT. I AM A DEMOCRAT AND YOU ARE NOT. I AM SPARTACUS AND .....oops I got carried away. Anyway, back to lurking. Have fun. This has become boring.
Geee whiz, golly, when did I say I was going to leave the board forever if you were allowed to stay?

http://www.exisle.ne...19

nutmeg Mar 9 2005, on 01:43 AM post # 92, said:

And RUReddy -- who started alll of this? Posts things, stirs the pots, then leaves? Hey, mods/admins what's up with that? Is this person still welcome here? If so, I'm gone.

nutmeg

As far as being a democrat or not, you sure have tried hard enough to make people feel defensive about that. Nice try. But there is nothing to be defensive about.

I don't have any secret powers to make these folks feel anything. And I certainly did not make anyone feel defensive. Because you are absolutely right!  There was nothing to be defensive about.  

I AM A DEMOCRAT YOU ARE NOT. I AM A DEMOCRAT AND YOU ARE NOT. I AM A DEMOCRAT AND YOU ARE NOT.

Hmmmmm.  Last 2 times I stepped into that cardboard voting booth, I pulled the curtain and voted a straight democratic ticket.  Yep twice!  I vote for the best person for the job, not by any party affiliation.

This has become boring

*yawns* something we can agree on.

~-~One little tip. Its great to have a new name and start a new identity.  But I suggest not linking yourself to your old name in your profile.  

RuReddy

#237 Nonprofit

Nonprofit
  • Islander
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 11:51 PM

Edited by RuReddy1, 27 July 2005 - 10:24 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Top News, 2005, Teri Schiavo

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users