• This topic is locked This topic is locked
379 replies to this topic

#1 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 01:02 PM

Karasu Synopsis, or as one person put it I don't have time to read the novel!...so here it is ...

It was the Day of Betrayal
It was the Day of Destruction
The Day we lost what was ours.
It had been a year of promise
The year of success
And a year of joy
Now it was a new age
It was the end of history
It was the Day everything changed
The year is 325. The Pride:
KARASU

Cliff Notes: Karasu...

The long time enemies of the noble Karasu Pride, the Oni have made a sneak attack, aided and abetted by traitors with in.  The Oni's current Fleet Admiral Atilla, used to be Karasu, but was exiled after a failed coup.

The Karasu, well trained and better teched stood off the massive attack long enough for the Karasu's most recent find, the rebuilt Osiris, a Generation ship, to return from it's trial run and take the refugees from the Karasu homeworld Izanami aboard.

The Karasu have lost all but about 10% of their Pride. The current Matriarch, the current Alpha, and the current head of the Omega's are also dead.  The Alpha, Alexander in a rescue attempt by his son Gaiate. The head of the Omegas, at the hands of his granddaughter Perigryne when she discovered he was one of the traitors.

The acting Matriarch threatened the Oni with what looked like a remote detonator for a Nova bomb.  It was actually the remote for a Doomsday device deep with in Izanamis core.  Once all the evacuees that could make it off were clear the Osiris's A.I., Isis activated it.  Izanami is no more.

Now they are about to stream to Varin, a neighboring system, home system to the local Persieds, long time allies.

The Osiris is a huge ship, a true city in space, a sphere 40 miles in diameter, with massive weaponds systems and huge cargo areas, many parklike areas with lakes, shops, theaters, playgrounds, manufacturing capability, any and every thing one might need for spending hundreds of years in space...

Edited by Shalamar, 16 April 2003 - 08:55 PM.

#2 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 01:10 PM

heh

don't want to read the novel, heh

and yes, it's a busy rpg.

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#3 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 02:15 PM

Yosh*tsune Gaiate,( Te) son of the prior Alpha Alexander, and chosen Captain of the Osiris.  His mate is Scheherezade.

Potentially the new Alpha, but only time and challenges will tell.

Perigryne Omega,(Called Death's Heart by her family ONLY) last surviving member of the Karasu's infamous and secretive Ninjas. No one has seen her face since childhood. She has apparently been mated for three years....it's news to her too.  Her mate is Duncan.

@Amasaratu Gaiate, acting Matriarch, grandmother to Te, prior Matriarch Second, widowed for 10 years, hers and Solan's was a celebrated love match, a great romance...

Admiral Benedictus Haig, out of Josephine by Gare Commander Naval Operations.  Unmated,

Commander Armund Valroux, Acting Captain of the Karma, normally he is Admiral Haigs right hand man for Nalav Logistics and Information. Also currently unmated

Shawntee DeLaruss, out of Shintau by Mikalos, Chief of Security for the Karasu Pride. She is a master with knives and takes her duties very seriously. Unmated

[Feniks Marisaw, Director of Science and Technology for the Pride, a rare honour for one so young to hold the post, but this young Persied is a genius and has been invaluable in the reconstruction of the Osiris.

Nikoletta Arwen Anorien ( Nikki ) out of Nienna by Dimatar, Chief Libriarian, Director of Education half Nietzschean half Pixie. A brave and talented young woman who is currently asisting Amasaratu, as the Acting Matriarch has two seriously broken legs.

More cast of characters to come

Edited by Shalamar, 16 April 2003 - 08:38 PM.

#4 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 02:45 PM

Honey and Espandex Ryder, Nightsiders dancing to that Disco beat.  They owned a truely hot night club on the Drift, before it started raining Oni.  They are skillful and profitable traders. Careful, he carries a RBG!

Lieutenant Konoko Okamiya out of Kasumi by Teruaki, Senior Weapons Offficer for the Karma, she is highly proffecient in a variety of martial arts and weapons.  Unmated

Hassal La'Tasi, one of the rare race of Hilliak, a most capable healer, and searcher for her homeworls from whence she was abducted years ago. She and Dr. Midori Kama will be Co Chief Medical Officers for the Osiris.

Macha Nisaba, out of Iris by Pter, ( Mac ), Chief Environmental Officer for the Osiris. She has a green thumb and can coax  any frightened animal to calmness.  Unmated

Commander Apollo Kama out of Fuijiko by Raiden, Wing Commander for the Kassai fighters and commander of the Masakari Squadron with in the wing.  Ace fighter pilot with all the 'right stuff'. Mated to Dr. Midori Kama.

Dr. Midori Kama out of Marina by Hidoshi. Co Chief Medical Officer of the Osiris. Pregnant only 8 weeks at the time of the destruction os the Prides Homeworld she ws injured as she was operating. She is currently recovering. Mated to Apollo Kama.

@Dr.JorinT'Sai out of Lielani by Morgan, a most competent young surgeon, specializing in neuro surgery. Unmated.

Edited by Shalamar, 16 April 2003 - 09:37 PM.

#5 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 04:01 PM

Duncan out of Joan by Adam, Engineer, specializing in Slipstream and Naval archictecture.  Little is known of him. Mate to Perigryne Omega

Lt CommanderTarassenNietzschean.

@Madame Cinnarra, Amasataru's long time personal aide. She is famous for making lists and effeciently plowing through even the longest of them at something close to light speed. She has a memory that would rival an A.I.'s it is claimed.

Chester Phoenix, human, retired Sargent Major, master specwar ops, currently owner captain of the Grendel.

@Cynan Olin, out of Meredith by Khalil, one Security Chief Shawntees section heads, assigned to the Drift prior to the attack, instrumental in the rescue of a number of civilians that had been captured by the Oni.

Commander Scheherezade Tanuki,  Commander of Orbital Defense Fortress Three prior to it's destrution by the Oni.  Mate to Yoush*tsune Gaiate.

Aura Libra, a pixie, she has been hired by the Karasu Pride as a freighter pilot. Now she is chief Pilot to the largest ship in the know universe. She and the Osiris's A.I. may have their differences, but a good pilot for a ship that size is hard to find.

Edited by Shalamar, 16 April 2003 - 08:42 PM.

#6 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 04:28 PM

Lt Commander Kyle Tanner (Wild Card), human, currently acting Chief Engineer of the Osiris, though his true love is piloting the deadly Dai-Shudo fighters. His second is tinkering with them to make them even more lethal. He is a valued member of the Karasu Pride. Unmated

@Lieutenant Bonaparte Parici Nietzschean, the Wild Cards hard flying, wise cracking wingman and best friend. He is the second best pilot in the wing, and has great potential Unmated

Lieutenant Corin Rainstar out of Athene by Oberon. Newly selected to be the wingman to Commander Apollo Kama. He too is another of the best of the best. Newly betrothed but the fate of his mate to be is uncertain after the Oni attack.

Shakira Akamoto ( Kira ) out of Dawnfire Yoritomo of the legenday Wolf's Pride by Jiro. House Akamoto is one of Karasu's great tradeing houses, but Kira couldn't care less for trade. Unmated.

@Kenjo Akmoto Kira's cousin, the only one of the family who understands her. He is now head of House Akamoto.

Ishmael Autolycus ,Ziporah Zimavian, Fluffy...and a ship with too many names for it's own good...The whole lot with too many warrants out on them for their own good

Kali Human, her lover was killed by the Oni, now she will offer her specalized skills on the Karasu Pride's behalf

Edited by Shalamar, 16 April 2003 - 09:13 PM.

#7 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,345 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 06:31 PM

LOL at the RBG {{{Shal}}} hopefully me and Jid will hook up with the rest of you sometime soon :) :)

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#8 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 07:05 PM

Oh the Grendel got brought aboard just a few minutes before the Osiris headed for slipstrean, you all just have to disembark!

#9 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 07:22 PM

Wow, Shal!!!  That list of characters is great! I've been keeping up, but it's so helpful to see all of the characters in one place.  Nice work!! :D

#10 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 07:32 PM

There are more still to list but the board ws so slow that I had trouble posting.  It finally sped up about 7ish, but there were a number of times I was afraid that the posts would not go through.

I also hope this encourages playes who have not gotten me thier profiles to get them to me...

Dancing Down Moon

has up the ones I have gotten

save for Ishmaels

Plea to all players..please if you do not see yours up there and have sent them to me...

I appologize..I did a mass clean out of my PM's a few days ago and I KNOW I accidentially wiped some stuff I did not mean too :blush:  :blush:  :blush:

Please resend them!  Many thanks

#11 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,345 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 07:35 PM

Shalamar, on Apr 16 2003, 04:54 PM, said:

Oh the Grendel got brought aboard just a few minutes before the Osiris headed for slipstrean, you all just have to disembark!
LOL it did? see what happens when you get a summer cold - rp's just pass you by - I guess I'd better go and check where I am - sorry Shal  :blush:

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#12 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 08:45 PM

{{{{{{{{{Rae}}}}}}}}}}

You had a cold! :o I hope you're feeling better! :)

#13 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 08:45 PM

No sorry, summer colds and other miseries must come first, cause other wise they will linger on and just extend the misery.

Hope you get to feeling better soon!

#14 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 09:39 PM

Is anyone else scared by the thought of a Nightsider with a 'really big' one.

I can't seem to find my profile, will have another look tonight. :unsure:
If I could remember any good quotes I would put one here!!!

#15 Gaiate

Gaiate

Spirit Blade

• Islander
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 17 April 2003 - 05:58 AM

I may have it stored, Brit.  Let me check . . .

:)

EDIT: Sorry, couldn't find it.

--Te

Edited by Gaiate, 17 April 2003 - 06:05 AM.

"This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished, as the once vital voice of the verisimilitude now venerates what they once vilified. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis--vis an introduction, and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V." -- V, making an first impression

"Dude . . . that was cool." -- My first impression of V

#16 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,191 posts

Posted 17 April 2003 - 06:33 AM

Brit, I have been told that several PM's have been sent to you regarding your profile. If you could please resend it to either Gaiate, Shal, or Myself, we'll make sure it gets up, and to the proper parties. :)

Rommie :whatsthat:
Posted Image

#17 nightfall

nightfall

Elite Captain of the Dragon's Bane

• Islander
  • 636 posts

Posted 17 April 2003 - 06:47 AM

Rommie...do I send my profile to you or to Shal?  I found picture off the site Shal posted...do you put it in???  NF
"Harper.  Have you been reading that thesaurus of yours again?"

"Me, boss?  I'm innocent, pure, guiltless, without stain or blemish, of unimpeachable character-"

"Right"

-"Benefits" by R. Franke

#18 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 17 April 2003 - 03:14 PM

I wish I could find my profile.   :blush:  

I think I must have it on floppy disk so will search again, if not I'll redo it, at least you know who my avatar is for the character.

Sorry to cause a problem.
If I could remember any good quotes I would put one here!!!

#19 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,191 posts

Posted 17 April 2003 - 04:05 PM

nightfall, on Apr 16 2003, 08:31 PM, said:

Rommie...do I send my profile to you or to Shal?  I found picture off the site Shal posted...do you put it in???  NF
Send it to Shal or Gaiate for approval, and they'll send it along to me. I'm just the webmaster. Nothing more.

And Brit, it's no problem. We're the ones that should have been able to keep it in our inboxes to begin with. :blush:

Rommie :whatsthat:
Posted Image

#20 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 18 April 2003 - 11:08 AM

Rommie dear, it is I who should be blushing not you, as I am the one with the oh so talented fingers that waltzed through a mass delete :blush:  :blush:  :blush:

and as far as being 'just' the web master...pshaw!  You do 95% of the work..

and yes Night Fall we'll get the picture in for you  ...just let us know which one you want :)

You do not have to use a AV from Dancing Down Moon, if you have one from else where we will gladly use that one. and I do appologize to folks playing non human based characters..good photos of Persieds, Makra, and others are just so hard to find :p

Also to reiterate to all characters...We have a huga amount of space available at Dancing Down Moon.  If you want maps, drawings, large size pictures, ect available on the web I can with in resonable bounds host it...

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users