#361 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 02:12 AM

Well at least he has opposable thumbs :p
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#362 Ilphi

Ilphi
  • Islander
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 02:28 AM

Benedictus Haig
Armund Valroux
Toda-Ram Hiromaskanu
Konoko Okamiya
Apollo Kama
Kyle Tanner
Corin Rainstar
Tarassen Haldane
Bonaparte Parici
Chester Phoenix
Shawntee DeLaruss

Looks good to me folks. I look forward to serving with the above very soon. We have a little preperation and briefing work to do, and then... into action ;) Here's a little something to wet your whistle:

Posted Image

Haig has full confidence in Ama to be able to hold up the fort while he is gone. She is his wife, after all ;)

Edited by Ilphi, 12 June 2003 - 04:38 AM.

Yea, ere my hot youth pass, I speak to my people and say:
Ye shall be foolish as I; ye shall scatter, not save;
Ye shall venture your all, lest ye lose what is more than all;
Ye shall call for a miracle, taking Christ at His word.
And for this I will answer, O people, answer here and hereafter,
The Fool - Padraic Pearse

#363 Brynhilde

Brynhilde

An ardent admirer

• Islander
  • 4,316 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 02:32 AM

Erm.. where's Dante?  :blink:

He does so hate to be overlooked  ;)
"Ah, get born, keep warm
Short pants, romance, learn to dance
Get dressed, get blessed
Try to be a success
Please her, please him, buy gifts
Don't steal, don't lift
Twenty years of schoolin'
And they put you on the day shift..."

~ Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

#364 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 04:31 AM

Gee when did Te and Haig get mated? Enquiring minds want to know.....and so does Amasaratu.... :p  :o

#365 Nikcara

Nikcara

confused little imp

• Islander
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 04:36 AM

Haig has full confidence in Te to be able to hold up the fort while he is gone. She is his wife, after all 

I'm not sure if should say huh? or  :blink:  or HEY!  MINE!!
We have fourty million reasons for failure, but not a single excuse  -- Rudyard Kipling

Develop compassion for your enemies, that is genuine compassion.  Limited compassion cannot produce this altruism.  -- H. H. the Dalai Lama

#366 Ilphi

Ilphi
  • Islander
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 04:37 AM

Tu..Te.. Sorry to get mixed up! Not paying attention  :crazy:

*edits to change*

#367 Nikcara

Nikcara

confused little imp

• Islander
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 04:41 AM

hmm....seems like you won't be having to fight with Zadi any more then...
We have fourty million reasons for failure, but not a single excuse  -- Rudyard Kipling

Develop compassion for your enemies, that is genuine compassion.  Limited compassion cannot produce this altruism.  -- H. H. the Dalai Lama

#368 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 05:43 AM

I wasn't gonna say a word.... :sarcasm:  :rolleyes:

Edited by LTA, 12 June 2003 - 10:42 PM.

#369 bandit

bandit

Bond, Fuzzy Bond

• Islander
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 03:34 PM

hey, if anyone wants some-... toys... before going on their business trip(s) Feniks is your man, and will probably gladly accomidate you with something at least as good as you ask for
sorry no scanners to look through your mates clothes, technology like that only goes to the Alpha or Omega...
but of course feniks has to test it out!!  :angel:  :p

#370 Gaiate

Gaiate

Spirit Blade

• Islander
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 03:47 PM

Brynhilde, on Jun 11 2003, 11:36 AM, said:

Erm.. where's Dante:blink:

He does so hate to be overlooked  ;)

ack.

I remembered him for my RP post, but not here apparently.

Editing to correct. :)

--Te
"This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished, as the once vital voice of the verisimilitude now venerates what they once vilified. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis--vis an introduction, and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V." -- V, making an first impression

"Dude . . . that was cool." -- My first impression of V

#371 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 07:14 PM

Okay, who broke the thread? Turn in your opposable thumbs, out a the gene pool you, we're going to have to cholorinate :p
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#372 Gaiate

Gaiate

Spirit Blade

• Islander
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 10:33 PM

No other questions about the diplomatic arc?

Wow, I'm good. :p ;)

--Te
"This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished, as the once vital voice of the verisimilitude now venerates what they once vilified. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis--vis an introduction, and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V." -- V, making an first impression

"Dude . . . that was cool." -- My first impression of V

#373 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 12:33 AM

^^^^^^Only one, sort of.  As of this meeting in the conference room, is it morning or night???  :eek2:

#374 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 12:40 AM

bandit, on Jun 11 2003, 11:38 PM, said:

hey, if anyone wants some-... toys... before going on their business trip(s) Feniks is your man, and will probably gladly accomidate you with something at least as good as you ask for
sorry no scanners to look through your mates clothes, technology like that only goes to the Alpha or Omega...
but of course feniks has to test it out!!  :angel:  :p
Shawntee loves toys, although she prefers fighting with blades when she can, they're much quieter. :devil:

#375 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 12:59 AM

Nikki, please remember that a space ship is a 24 hour a day concern..they do have a day night cycle but with shifts running at all times, one persons morning may be another's evening...

I would guess they run in either 4 -6hr rotations or 3- 8 hour ones...me, I would say for maximun effeciency 4  6 hour ones, but thats just me.

Having a new day start in the middle of a night cycle (ie midnight) has always seemed silly.  To me the new callender day should start with the new morning..

I woud see it as start of Alpha shift is is 0000 hours, and when the lights come up in the "full light"  day cycle ( though for the previous hour they have been gradualy getting brighter) ...Beta... 0600  and mid day ....Gama...1200...and the lights go into the "full dark" cycle. (Though for the previous  hour they are gradually getting darker)..Delta...1800 and mid night ...on to the next day at 0000...

but thats just my thoughts...

#376 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 01:12 AM

^^^^ Oh, I didn't know any of that...Sorry  :blush:  I forgot we were in space! That helps to know.  Thanks, Shal! :)

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 13 June 2003 - 01:17 AM.

#377 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 01:16 AM

amusing thought

David Weber described 'day' on ship to be 'Admiral's awake' and 'night' to be 'Admiral has retired'

I suppose if you substitiue Admiral to Matriarch it's still true

just a thought

Edited by Godeskian, 13 June 2003 - 01:17 AM.

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#378 Ilphi

Ilphi
  • Islander
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 01:28 AM

Well, there is the old British naval way. Traditionally, a 24-hour day is divided into seven watches. These are: midnight to 4 a.m. [0000-0400], the mid-watch; 4 to 8 a.m. [0400-0800], morning watch; 8 a.m. to noon [0800-1200], forenoon watch; noon to 4 p.m. [1200-1600], afternoon watch; 4 to 6 p.m. [1600-1800] first dog watch; 6 to 8 p.m. [1800-2000], second dog watch; and, 8 p.m. to midnight [2000-2400], evening watch. The half hours of the watch are marked by the striking the bell an appropriate number of times.

#379 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 01:46 AM

Shal laughs at the thought of a huge flying hammer comming round and striking the Osiris like a gong.

~~~~~~~Nikki~~~~~~~~>

No appology!...I am just used to hospitals, police forces and electrical providers..they all run 24/7 ...and make for strange shifts...in RL I work 8p -7a (normally) so I sleep while the sun shines, and do love that shift, not a day person at all...and no, to dispell any lingering doubts from Dark...I am NOT a Vampire :p

and Gode, as much as I love David Weber, I have always had this little thought..."gee their admirals must be remarkably regular.... :p

#380 Jid

Jid

Mad Prophet of Funk

• Islander
  • 12,554 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 02:10 AM

Thread closed at request of the GMs to make way for a new synopsis thread

Jid :)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users