202 replies to this topic

#201 Atavus

Atavus

Buying more stuff on eBay

• Islander
  • 4,116 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 06:47 PM

^^

Or you could look at it this way: They do nort want any possible follow-up attacks to kill two birds with one stone? Either way, I can't really blame the US Gov't for being cautious with their soldiers lives, they are already having enough casualties abroad. After all, it's not like the UK doesn't have their own military to watch out for the country. :)
Avid fan of "Everybody Loves Hypno-Toad" and Sophie

3000 posts and counting! :) - 18 October 05

#202 eloisel

eloisel

Non-sequitur

• Islander
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 07:37 PM

I don't know why the troops were temporarily banned from going to London.

However, I am impressed with the speed the authorities are dealing with these attacks.

#203 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 09:47 PM

From Joseph Mallozzi's Blog.

In television, science fiction in particular, you deal with archetypes - good guys versus bad guys, white and black, good and evil. In reality, of course, things are infinitely more complex. Human behavior is colored by a variety of emotions, histories and motivations. In the real world, there are no simple heroes and villains. Or so you would assume until an act as cowardly and as contemptible as this is committed.

Like the rest of the civilized world, I was shocked and saddened by the events of July 7th. My thoughts are with our friends in England.

http://www.gateworld...n-england.shtml

:(
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Terrorism, London, 2005

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users