• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#1 Anakam

Anakam

Way Star

• Islander
  • 13,862 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 08:49 AM

See http://www.exisle.ne...showtopic=29632 for how this got started.  So nothing gets lost, you can post your character profiles here, and other relevant stuff, like getting me to clarify things. ;)  Setting will be a mix of a drift or two (just one drift for now) and a ship like the Maru.  A couple of characters for the drift and a few for the ship would be most excellent.  Anything more complex than the ship/drift setting would come with more people and more time, so if you want that.... you know what to do!
Sailing free, boundless glimmer, golden whispers, fiery poise, delicate balance, grave and true, bound by earth, feared horizons, courageous steps unknown, shimmering future hidden yet unveiled....

I think you're the first female cast member to *insist* on playing a guy ;) - Iolanthe, on my cross-casting obsession.

This royal throne of kings, this scepter'd isle, this earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, this other Eden, demi-paradise, this fortress built by Nature for herself... - John of Gaunt, Act II, Scene I, Richard II

"I think perhaps that was a sub-optimal phrasing for the maintenance of harmony within the collective." - Omega, here

"Courtesy is how we got civilized. The blind assertion of rights is what threatens to decivilize us. Everybody's got lots of rights that are set out legally. Responsibilities are not enumerated, for good reason, but they are set into the social fabric. Is it such a sacrifice to not be an a**hole?" - Jenny Smith on Usenet, via Jid, via Kathy

#2 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 02:37 PM

Okay, I don't have the profile done yet, but my character will be a cafe owner on the Drift... I'll post the profile when its finished (re: sometime after DS9 is over).

#3 charli

charli

The OFFICIAL coffee snob...

• Islander
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 05:31 PM

So...  I was never good at asking to join in games even as a child! :crazy:

I think this sounds like fun, tho.  *gathers courage*

I wanna play, too! :)

You need to know, tho, that I've never done this and have no clue what I'm doing.  

Shea, you be willing to teach me?
Posted Image
Going Under now updated!

#4 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 06:49 PM

I could help you, yes. IM me and I'll show you how its done.

#5 Anakam

Anakam

Way Star

• Islander
  • 13,862 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 07:42 AM

Welcome, charli!  :)  Yeah, RP is a little... um, well, depending on who's already doing it, pretty scary... although there's nothing resembling a Giant Master Plotline ™ to follow... :D
Sailing free, boundless glimmer, golden whispers, fiery poise, delicate balance, grave and true, bound by earth, feared horizons, courageous steps unknown, shimmering future hidden yet unveiled....

I think you're the first female cast member to *insist* on playing a guy ;) - Iolanthe, on my cross-casting obsession.

This royal throne of kings, this scepter'd isle, this earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, this other Eden, demi-paradise, this fortress built by Nature for herself... - John of Gaunt, Act II, Scene I, Richard II

"I think perhaps that was a sub-optimal phrasing for the maintenance of harmony within the collective." - Omega, here

"Courtesy is how we got civilized. The blind assertion of rights is what threatens to decivilize us. Everybody's got lots of rights that are set out legally. Responsibilities are not enumerated, for good reason, but they are set into the social fabric. Is it such a sacrifice to not be an a**hole?" - Jenny Smith on Usenet, via Jid, via Kathy

#6 charli

charli

• Islander
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 03:42 PM

Okay, so I need to know what is permitted about characters...  I was highly influenced by this story I read many years ago and will probably do something similar.

Since this is a Drom universe, does the character have to be a species that is defined w/in tv canon?
Posted Image
Going Under now updated!

#7 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 04:05 PM

^ I don't think so. This is a very loose RPG and so it shouldn't be a problem if you make up the species. You'll probably want to wait on Anakam's ruling on this though.

#8 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 04:48 PM

Here's my character!

Full Name, if known: Andra Thomas (taken name of human boyfriend)
Nationality/Race (If Niet, please include Pride): Nietzschean (SabraJaguar- excommunicated)
Religion (if any): none
Political Affiliation: neutral
Family Member(s): Mother and father, siblings, but has not heard from them in years.
Personality: Generally warm but has a bit of a temper.
Likes: Coffee, teasing her boyfriend and the customers in the coffee shop
Dislikes: People who call her on her boyfriend and the way she runs the shop
History (Brief, please): Met boyfriend Mark Thomas through a series of embarrasing incidents she prefers not to talk about and they've lived on the Drift for several years. She runs a coffee shop and Mark handles the books. She's a SabraJaguar but was excommunicated after what she refers to as the "Mark Incident".
Appearance (Brief, please): She's tall (taller than Mark), and has curly brown hair. She has intense eyes that sort of sparkle... in short, she's very pretty. Her style is kind of like Dharma from Dharma and Greg (if that helps anyone, lol).

Notes: Mark will be a minor character and played by me, but he's mostly out of sight.

Edited by Psyche, 04 August 2005 - 01:17 AM.

#9 Anakam

Anakam

Way Star

• Islander
  • 13,862 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 09:26 PM

charli, did you read the RPG how-to thread?  Some of it only applies to more structured RPGs, but it's a good start, and sometimes I use it as a reminder for myself not to get carried away. ;)

I'd probably want to hear a brief description of the intended species before I decided; non-canon but in the spirit of the series is probably okay, but if you performed the species equivalent of instant communication across the galaxy, I'd be likely to ask you to find another species... :look:

(And here I swore to myself I was only gonna lurk while I got fanfic....)

#10 charli

charli

• Islander
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 12:07 PM

species is less important than attitude for me...

I may PM you w/ the character profile before posting.  I'll need all the help I can get...
Posted Image
Going Under now updated!

#11 Anakam

Anakam

Way Star

• Islander
  • 13,862 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 12:13 PM

Okay, charli. :)  I think the format Shea used is from the link to the blank character profile form... stickied, erm, here in Backstage, maybe?  Or it might be in the main forum.  :blink:

Would this be a bad time to mention that I've only written one character profile?  :whistle:

#12 charli

charli

• Islander
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 12:45 PM

:lol: That's one more than I've done! :oh:

And the character I had in mind may not work, altho, she is a more or less original creation...

I do have a character I created for hubbie to do a video game w/...  As we seem to be unable to (IRL ) produce a male child, I named my character after then son I never had!!  :lol:

He's captain of a ship anyway...  think that would work?

Oh, and I copied what Shea had for a profile because the link would'nt work the other day!
Posted Image
Going Under now updated!

#13 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 11:06 PM

No that profile is the edited version of what I require for my RPs. I took a few fields out because they weren't really neccessary for a CI RP.

#14 charli

charli

• Islander
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 05:11 PM

Okay, so Hart just told me I looked like a "spunkytavern owner" kinda person... and that inspired me.  I'll have a tavern on the drift... Naturally the most popular late night hang out...

Details to follow...
Posted Image
Going Under now updated!

#15 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 05:17 PM

^ With my coffee shop the preferred daytime hang out. Varieties of coffee from all over the known worlds, and an impressive lunch menu as well!

#16 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 06:48 PM

Mmm, I think I wanna play this.

So I best be thinking of a character.... Mmm but I don't wanna play a trancer/purple pixie/sun avatar/whatever you wanna call it... this time.

A nietzschean maybe. I'll have to think on it.
Rejected and gone.

#17 charli

charli

• Islander
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 10:13 PM

With dinner at the tavern, of course!! :cool:
Posted Image
Going Under now updated!

#18 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 11:20 PM

Of course.

#19 charli

charli

• Islander
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 09:16 PM

Hey, all!  This is it!  Hope it's okay.  Let me know if anything doesn't fit...

Only recorded name:  Mare  (No one knows if that’s short for something else and she’s not telling.)

Nationality/Race:  Human, but not from Earth

Religion:  Undetermined, but thinks the Wayists have some good ideas

Political Affiliation:  What seems like the best choice at the time.  “None of them are perfect.”

Family Members:  None living.  At least none she admits to.  Has been rumored that she may once have had a daughter who died.

Personality:  “Tuff-love” mother-to-all, always willing to give a shoulder to cry on and an ear to listen, but those often come with healthy serving of not necessarily popular advice.  Doesn’t talk about her past before coming to the drift.  Deflects personal interrogatives deftly.  Considers some employees and customers like family.  Fiercely loyal to those who are same to her.  Known to take unpopular stands on issues if she believes she’s in the right.

Likes:  Andra’s coffee, target practice w/ gauss gun (and is good shot!  Don’t cross her at the tavern!)  Some few very basic self-defense moves that she says are necessary for her line of business.  Loves tavern as tho it were her child and her pet cat (a recently rediscovered variety of domesticated Earth feline thought to be extinct).

Dislikes:  lies, troublemakers, most politicians, untrustworthy Jekyll/Hyde types, narcissists, abusive men…

History:  Obviously knows how to run a tavern and is assumed to have business experience.  Has a soft spot for abused women and “ladies of the night.”  Willingly provides shelter for them, but wont’ let them “work” out of her tavern.  It is generally assumed that she has some dark secrets regarding such “work.”

Shays she has no family, but treasures some photos she says are “friends.”  One is of a young woman who bears an amazing resemblance to her.  Another is of a group of women and 2 men in a tavern.  One of the men is a burly guy with a toothy smile, the other has a big goofy grin.  The women look suspiciously like prostitutes.  One of the women is a striking, tall blonde in a black leather jacket.
Posted Image
Going Under now updated!

#20 Anakam

Anakam

Way Star

• Islander
  • 13,862 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 01:29 AM

Ooh, very descriptive!  :wideeyed:

We really should have a couple more people, though... five or six is usually best for RP.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users