Recruitment--Andromeda character interaction

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#21 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 04:40 PM

Yeah it could get kind of boring with just me and Charli... especially since our characters already know each other and whatnot.

#22 charli

charli

The OFFICIAL coffee snob...

• Islander
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 05:48 PM

So....

Anakam?  I believe recruiting falls into YOUR court?   :devil:
Posted Image
Going Under now updated!

#23 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 05:49 PM

I'll play but I think we need a couple males in the group. It makes things so much more interesting.  :devil:
Rejected and gone.

#24 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 11:56 PM

If you want, I could play Mark more actively but I think it would be better to have male players to play the guys.

#25 Anakam

Anakam

Way Star

• Islander
  • 13,862 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 09:29 PM

We're short on guys board-wide, as I'm sure everyone remembers... sorta.  :devil:

Of course, there's nothing wrong with a gal playing a guy, as far as I'm concerned.... so shameless spamm--I mean PLUGGING!  may be coming soon to a Boardwalk thread near you.  ;)
Sailing free, boundless glimmer, golden whispers, fiery poise, delicate balance, grave and true, bound by earth, feared horizons, courageous steps unknown, shimmering future hidden yet unveiled....

I think you're the first female cast member to *insist* on playing a guy ;) - Iolanthe, on my cross-casting obsession.

This royal throne of kings, this scepter'd isle, this earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, this other Eden, demi-paradise, this fortress built by Nature for herself... - John of Gaunt, Act II, Scene I, Richard II

"I think perhaps that was a sub-optimal phrasing for the maintenance of harmony within the collective." - Omega, here

"Courtesy is how we got civilized. The blind assertion of rights is what threatens to decivilize us. Everybody's got lots of rights that are set out legally. Responsibilities are not enumerated, for good reason, but they are set into the social fabric. Is it such a sacrifice to not be an a**hole?" - Jenny Smith on Usenet, via Jid, via Kathy

#26 charli

charli

• Islander
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 05:04 PM

*is sad because we need more players and I'm bored unto death w/ writing fic*
Posted Image
Going Under now updated!

#27 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 12:24 AM

Yeah where is everybody? Where's Mikoto?

#28 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 07:17 AM

Still deciding what my character should be. Normally I play members of Trance's species but on finding out what they really are, they're a little too powerful and then there's the fact that some people believe the Engels' version is true and some use RHW's version.

Sticky. Very sticky.

So.... I think no more sun avatars/lucifers for me. It's fun playing weaker characters anyway.

So that leaves Nietzschean, human, castalian, than, persied, kalderan, magog, Inari or maybe the seldom mentioned catlike species. Forgot the name now but they were mentioned in the Allsystem's library but never featured on the show.

Most of those are like ugh so I guess that leaves Inari, human or Nietzschean....

Meh. Might as well go niet. Hmm, making a new character is always interesting.

Name: Grianne Leah, out of Yuta by Jax

Nationality/Race: Nietzschean, formerly of the "Yet to be decided."

Hair: Naturally blond

Eyes: Brown

Religion: None

Political Affiliation: Whoever is paying her currently.

Family Members: Parents and two older brothers living in Jaguar space, none of whom talks to her now.

Personality: Like that of any nietzschean mercenary, cold, distant, uncaring and yet she is still young and sometimes doesn't quite pull it off.

Likes: Guns, explosions, unattached male nietzscheans, computers and martial arts.

Dislikes: Magog, vodka, chichin and those that try to cheat her.  

History: Much about Grianne's history is hidden but she grew up a member of the ??? pride and recieved some combat and military training. When she was nineteen she was cast out from the pride and after recovering from her exile she set up as a mercenary. She is known for her uncompromising loyalty to the one that hires her even when offered better pay by their enemy or rivals. However rumours persist that she still has some contact with her former pride.

Edited by Mikoto, 09 August 2005 - 05:28 PM.

Rejected and gone.

#29 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 05:02 PM

Fabulous! Three characters...

Both of the Nietzscheans are excommunicated SabraJaguars... hmm... :p

#30 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 05:27 PM

Blast I didn't read that! Looks like I'd better change the pride.

Drago-Katzov.... maybe?

Perhaps a made-up pride?

I'll have to think on it.
Rejected and gone.

#31 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 08:00 PM

^ No its okay. I was just observing.

#32 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 07:39 AM

Lol don't worry if I don't post very much. I'm always around (unless my computer decides otherwise.) and I'll be there when anything interesting happens.

*Looks at Charli and Psyche and smiles.*

Fanfic huh? I'm more familiar with that than my posting inplies... The Alien/Andromeda crossover one is particularly good right now.

*Demeterialises back into Phantom Trancer Lurker mode.*
Rejected and gone.

#33 charli

charli

• Islander
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 12:39 PM

Mikoto!

I was originally wanting to run a feline-ish character based upon something I read when I was umm.... much younger.... :lol:

What episode was the cat critter referred to?

And if you want something of the history of Mare, then check out Going Under, she owns the tavern there under a different name...  The basic idea is that Mare is "starting over" after a tragic event occurs in her tavern...  Could it have something to do w/ the woman in the black jacket in her beloved pics? :devil:
Posted Image
Going Under now updated!

#34 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 05:18 PM

Mikoto, if you've read Hannah's "Sacrifices" and "What Harper Did at School" and "What Harper Did Next", you should check out me and Rhiannon's sequel/crossover! :D

#35 Anakam

Anakam

Way Star

• Islander
  • 13,862 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 10:13 PM

Psyche, on Aug 9 2005, 11:02 PM, said:

Fabulous! Three characters...

Both of the Nietzscheans are excommunicated SabraJaguars... hmm... :p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That has some interesting story potential, actually, I think. :)
Sailing free, boundless glimmer, golden whispers, fiery poise, delicate balance, grave and true, bound by earth, feared horizons, courageous steps unknown, shimmering future hidden yet unveiled....

I think you're the first female cast member to *insist* on playing a guy ;) - Iolanthe, on my cross-casting obsession.

This royal throne of kings, this scepter'd isle, this earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, this other Eden, demi-paradise, this fortress built by Nature for herself... - John of Gaunt, Act II, Scene I, Richard II

"I think perhaps that was a sub-optimal phrasing for the maintenance of harmony within the collective." - Omega, here

"Courtesy is how we got civilized. The blind assertion of rights is what threatens to decivilize us. Everybody's got lots of rights that are set out legally. Responsibilities are not enumerated, for good reason, but they are set into the social fabric. Is it such a sacrifice to not be an a**hole?" - Jenny Smith on Usenet, via Jid, via Kathy

#36 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 11:53 PM

Yeah thats what I thought.

#37 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 12:05 PM

Makra... the name was Makra.

Took me a while to remember but there was a feline species called Makra in the Allsystem's library. In one of the rps two of the players used Makran characters.

As for the show the assassin that attacked Trance may have been Makran in "Into the Labrynth." And it was rumoured that one was shown briefly in the pilot when Gerentex introduced Tyr and his mercenaries. But that last one was a rumour, I never actually went back and checked it for myself.

What Harper did next? Is that the one where Harper's in the madhouse? Seems the only word he can speak is "Gah."
Rejected and gone.

#38 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 12:49 AM

No, What Harper Did Next is before What Harper Did in the Crazy House. He can only say 'gah' cuz the Niets cut out his tongue in Sacrifices, which fits in between WHDN and WHDitCH.

#39 janeta-marie siri

janeta-marie siri
  • Islander
  • 4,932 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 09:04 PM

*pokes head in* is it to late to join?

#40 Anakam

Anakam

Way Star

• Islander
  • 13,862 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 12:40 AM

^
Nope, we're still looking... RP's generally don't go well unless there's five to six people, preferably more, playing. :)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users