• Islander
  • 4,651 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 01:52 AM

^^ROFL!!!

Kathy
"Any dolt with half a brain/Can see that humankind has gone insane
To the point where I don't know if I'll upset the status quo
If I throw poison in the water main..."
- Billy (aka Dr. Horrible) in My Eyes from the AWESOME Dr. Horrible's SingAlong Blog

#42 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 02:25 AM

Orpheus, on May 6 2003, 07:15 PM, said:

I think you're all missing the true insidious danger of the Complete Slipstream Map to the High Guard.

How can The High Guard maintain it's macho studly air (yes, females, hermaphrodites and all) if they have to check a map?
Reading a map is no big deal, but you still have to understand what you're reading. And the REALLY big deal is, having to ask for directions. :D  :D
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#43 Woodmansee

Woodmansee
  • Demigod
  • 140 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 08:53 AM

A few hints, without giving anything away....

1) Yes, the implications of the map are being dealt with (thanks to the Barber brothers) next season.

2) The slipstream special effects should be changing slightly to that the pilot is constantly making decisions at lots and lots of branch points (as was originally descibed in the bible before the start of the series).

3) Slipstream is constantly changing. Therefore it is a map only on the broadest sense. It's not a piece of paper that you can look at. Think of it more like an automated guidance program. Given the inputs of where you started, when you started, and where you want to go (from the ship) it tells you which branch to take when you come to them to get you where you want to go, the fastest way possible (and it might even allow you come out of slipstream closer to the planet or other destination that you otherwise would - that's TBD)

Paul

#44 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,757 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 09:32 AM

Thanks for the tips, Paul. And here I was afraid that trying to fold it back while flying would be Andromeds's downfall

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users