• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Shoshana

Shoshana
  • Islander
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 08 February 2003 - 02:31 AM

That's really cool.

I haven't been able to talk about the whole situation yet, but that's really cool.

And the first thing I thought when I saw the name "Doohan" was James ... Star Trek:TOS' "Scotty" .. (of course)

:D

Thank you.

'shana

#2 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,178 posts

Posted 08 February 2003 - 02:26 AM

For those interested in seeing the episode, it will be shown on Cartoon Network on Feb. 12.

Cowboy Bebop on Cartoon Network

Please check the listings for your timezone.

Rommie :whatsthat:

Posted Image

#3 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 08 February 2003 - 02:17 AM

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ Rommie }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Thank you for mentioning that epsiode.

They will never be forgotten.

The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#4 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,178 posts

Posted 08 February 2003 - 01:57 AM

It has been a week since the tragedy claimed the lives of the seven astrounauts, when the Columbia disintegrated in Earth's atmosphere. They will live on in our hearts, and minds, and the Columbia will also live on in other capacities as well.

I was rewatching the Anime Series 'Cowboy Bebop' recently, and I came upon the episode 'Wild Horses'. In it, Spike was having his ship 'The Swordfish' worked on by the person who built it. A man by the name of Doohan. One of the special projects that Doohan was working on, was fixing up an antique 'Space Shuttle'.

Well, by the end of the episode, Spike had run out of fuel, and was going to disintigrate in Earth's atmosphere for sure. But Doohan came to Spike's rescue in the Space Shuttle.

And when he rolled it out of it's hangar, the name on the side of the shuttle said 'Columbia'.

They saved Spike, locking the ship in it's cargo bay. The ship had some malfunctions along re-entry, but the ship survived the crash. Doohan, his assistant, and our Hero Spike Spiegel survived to live another day.

The Columbia will live on. And in most respects, it could even save the day. And in that respect, we will always remember the Columbia, and it's astronauts, in the best of lights. :)

Posted Image

#5 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 08 February 2003 - 02:12 AM

Good words Rommie.

Thank you. :).

St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#6 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 09 February 2003 - 09:38 AM

that's way cool Rommie

thanks for posting it

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#7 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,178 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 06:22 PM

Just as a reminder, the episode 'Wild Horses' will be shown tonight on Cartoon Network. Set your VCR's all you early birds. ;)

Posted Image

#8 JadziaDax

JadziaDax

E.I.'s resident insomniac

• Islander
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 11:40 PM

{{{{{{{{{{rommie}}}}}}}}}

good words

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

#9 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,178 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 01:44 AM

My apologies to all. Cartoon Network's schedule seems to be WAY off. Tonight they showed 'Waltz for Venus' in their lineup. That episode is #8........'Wild Horses' is #19. My apologies to anyone tuning in to watch the episode, and finding the wrong one. I implore you to e-mail cartoon network, and tell them how much they've frelled up. :(

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NASA, Columbia

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users