Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Harperchondriacs RP

• Please log in to reply
270 replies to this topic

#1 szhismine

szhismine

why must you hurt me in this way Harry...

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 01:41 PM

:D

i pitched this idea i've had for a while about starting a Harperchondriac RP. since it's found support, i've decided to give it a go. :cool:

this RP takes place in this timeframe, on Earth. i'm going to post the entire story in the actual RP thread, but here's a brief summary: a secret society discovers a device, there's a war about it, the bad guys win, they start destroying things, and ExIsle is the only opposition left. during the battle, the device scatters the different EI factions across the world, and most of them are destroyed before they can go into hiding. the Harperchondriacs are one of the few left. the Ward is well protected but there's still a chance the bad guys can find them. so basically, we're all stuck together living in a real Ward.

it'll make more sense once the game starts, since i'll post the whole thing. :p

so, for those of you who want to join, here are the 4 things i need:

1. Name: what you want to be called by, whether it's your screen name, real name, nickname etc.  if you want some people to call you one thing and others another, specify. :)

2. Age: I would prefer your real ages, since we're playing ourselves. if you don't wanna say your age then it doesn't matter.

3. Appearance*: just a brief, short note on what you look like: hair color and height, and anything else you wanna add (glasses, tattoo, etc). Again, please describe yourself as much as possible.
* i don't need to know what clothes you're wearing, i assume we'll all have different outfits to wear. ;)

4. Suggestions: if there's anything specific you want to happen that's out of your control, please let me know, anytime, either in here or by PM. if there's a subplot you want to happen or a romance you want to happen, or whatever, let me know. :)

*sits back and waits*
Neville: "My grandmother forbids me from using raunchy language."
Harry: "Well your grandmother is a Blast-Ended Skank!"
Neville: *GASP*
Hermione: "He doesn't mean it Neville, he's just testing out some wizard swears."
Harry: "I mean every word I ever say ever, because I'm Harry Potter." --'Wizard Swears', Potter Puppet Pals

Hermione: "What's your problem Harry?"
Harry: "My parents are dead, my life sucks, I can't hold down a girlfriend, and I'm surrounded by f*ck*ng goblins and sh*t all the time. I mean what the f*ck?"
Ron: "But it's magic Harry. The goblins are magical!" --'Wizard Angst', Potter Puppet Pals

Me: "It's just a matter of looking past [McKay's] arrogant exterior to see his warm, fuzzy, probably angst-filled interior."
Hawkeye: "You harperchondriac girls think everyone has an angst filled interior."

"Good gods, you sniff out angst like a police dog sniffs out drugs." --Lyric (to me)

#2 szhismine

szhismine

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 01:42 PM

Name: Sherrilyn (or Sher), Supreme Commander is a formality only. :p

Appearance: dark-brown hair, shoulder-length, 5'6", glasses.
Hermione: "He doesn't mean it Neville, he's just testing out some wizard swears."
Harry: "I mean every word I ever say ever, because I'm Harry Potter." --'Wizard Swears', Potter Puppet Pals

Harry: "My parents are dead, my life sucks, I can't hold down a girlfriend, and I'm surrounded by f*ck*ng goblins and sh*t all the time. I mean what the f*ck?"
Ron: "But it's magic Harry. The goblins are magical!" --'Wizard Angst', Potter Puppet Pals

Me: "It's just a matter of looking past [McKay's] arrogant exterior to see his warm, fuzzy, probably angst-filled interior."
Hawkeye: "You harperchondriac girls think everyone has an angst filled interior."

"Good gods, you sniff out angst like a police dog sniffs out drugs." --Lyric (to me)

#3 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 02:08 PM

Name: Shea or Psyche

Appearance: 5'2", slightly overweight, glasses, short spiky black hair.

Can I be the computer tech?

#4 szhismine

szhismine

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 03:11 PM

yup. :D

#5 Lyric of Delphi

Lyric of Delphi

A little too much LDS

• Islander
  • 9,092 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 04:36 PM

Name: Lyric

Appearance: Long brown hair, brown eyes, black "New Yorker Librarian" glasses, 5'2".

This should be fun. :)

#6 Cheile

Cheile

proud J/Cer ~ ten years and counting

• Islander
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 04:39 PM

name:  Ruby (Cheile).

code name (in case):  Ruby-Che

appearance:  5'10", brown hair, blue eyes, needs to lose weight :p  keeps a gray tabby named Meru.

suggestions:  more of a question.  if we belonged to the other factions, do we need to explain how we escaped the notice of the baddies?

Posted Image

"Andromeda may be over but it's not dead. Not as long as we have fanfic writers dedicated to keeping it alive.  Whether you accept everything as canon or stop at a certain point. Whether you accept and enjoy Nu Drom or only accept Classic Drom, it will never be over.  Not as long as we have each other [and Beka], who binds us all together." ~ Mary Rose

Twitter * Facebook * ExIsle at Facebook

icon by mercscilla @ LJ

#7 SarvodayaLadaki

SarvodayaLadaki

Love one another.

• Islander
  • 4,120 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 05:04 PM

Name: Lindsay (Nerdqueen, NQ)

Appearance: 5'1''; frizzy, shoulder-length, medium brown hair; sad, nearly-hazel eyes; skeletal build (no, I'm not Anorexic); wears wire-rimmed, blue glasses with oval-shaped lenses; has many scars all over her body from past operations (medical); almost always wears a black hoodie and is prone to cry without warning; I almost never leave home without a red, scrawled-on notebook and blue ball-point pen.

EDIT: Can I be Hawkeye's crazed long-lost "sister"?

Hey, maybe I can even be the villain and betray you all! BWAHAHAAHAHA!... Or not.

Edited by Nerdqueen, 09 October 2005 - 06:47 PM.

People living deeply have no fear of death.- Anais Nin
---
We need to be the change we wish to see in the world.- Gandhi
---
When Life does not find a singer to sing her heart she produces a philosopher to speak her mind.- Kahlil Gibran
---
The artist formerly known as Gothique_Hobbit.

#8 Callie_Cat

Callie_Cat

Forever bored out of my mind!

• Islander
  • 3,677 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 05:06 PM

Name: Bella (it's another nick I have, I prefer it over Callie, Callie is my cats name afterall. :p)

Appearence: Short brown hair, hazel eyes, short (between 5' and 5'5'')

Comment: I have no clue how to RP... :unsure: :blush:

Edited by Callie_Cat, 28 August 2005 - 05:07 PM.

#9 Lyric of Delphi

Lyric of Delphi

A little too much LDS

• Islander
  • 9,092 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 05:25 PM

Oh, you'll catch on quickly. ;)

#10 Hawkeye

Hawkeye

I regret I have but one life to waste infront of videogames.

• Islander
  • 8,278 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 05:45 PM

Name: Hawk

Appearance: Tall, slim, green eyes and glasses. Dark brown messy hair, goatee.

Comments: Science guy (well I suppose I am :p ) and i have no idea how to RP either :D
Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits, and Are melted into air, into thin air; And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind.

Posted Image

#11 Lyric of Delphi

Lyric of Delphi

A little too much LDS

• Islander
  • 9,092 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 05:50 PM

Hey, everyone seems to be posting their designations already. Hmm.

If hawk is science guy, then I should be the science girl who corrects everything science guy does. :p I'm a physics/bio girl! Yay! And a pilot. In case that should come in handy.

Edited by Lyric Z D, 28 August 2005 - 05:58 PM.

#12 Callie_Cat

Callie_Cat

• Islander
  • 3,677 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:03 PM

Awww, I'm not good at anything. I have nothing to add... *pouts* lol

#13 szhismine

szhismine

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:15 PM

Cheile-- you can if you want. :) it makes sense that people in more than one faction have tales to tell.

Callie-- take your time deciding what you wanna be. hell, you don't have to be anything. :p

#14 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:40 PM

Is Bella what you want to be called or can I call ya Sarah?

Should I be adding some more description to me?

#15 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:41 PM

And would the Ward happen to be in Boston?

#16 szhismine

szhismine

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:44 PM

LOL!

i can't say, the bad guys could find us. :p ;)

well if you wanna describe more of yourself go ahead, but you don't really need to. *shrug* whatever you want. :)

#17 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:45 PM

^Everybody probably knows me well enough by now, I guess.

But don't WE need to know where the Ward is?

#18 Callie_Cat

Callie_Cat

• Islander
  • 3,677 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:46 PM

Of course you can call me Sarah, Shea, it is my name after all. lol I just put Bella cuz it's like my only nickname in real life, and I like it. :D lol

#19 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:46 PM

Okay, cuz I might not get used to Bella.

#20 szhismine

szhismine

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:53 PM

well we can't really leave the Ward, otherwise we'll be caught, so there's not much point in knowing where it is. :p

besides, it's in the middle of a huge plain. there's nothing for kilometres. ;)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users