• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 08 February 2003 - 11:19 AM

The US State Department has officially advised Americans not to visit Baghdad or any other part of Iraq.

Out of morbid interest, what the heck was the advice before? Go, but bring suntan lotion?

:confused:

St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#2 FlatlandDan

FlatlandDan

Sophisticate

• Islander
  • 8,823 posts

Posted 08 February 2003 - 11:56 AM

Probably something like "Go, but don't expect us to airlift you out before we bomb the place"

*sigh*  

On an interesting side note, do you know that Canada put out a travel advisory for the states this fall?

-Dan

My candle burns at both its ends;
It will not last the night;
But oh, my foes, and oh, my friends --
It gives a lovely light."
-Edna St. Vincent Millay

#3 CJ AEGIS

CJ AEGIS

Warship Guru!

• Islander
  • 6,847 posts

Posted 08 February 2003 - 01:25 PM

Javert Rovinski, on Feb. 08 2003,16:19, said:

Out of morbid interest, what the heck was the advice before? Go, but bring suntan lotion?

"Human Shields for Sale!"
"History has proven too often and too recently that the nation which relaxes its defenses invites attack."
        -Fleet Admiral Nimitz
"Their sailors say they should have flight pay and sub pay both -- they're in the air half the time, under the water the other half""
        - Ernie Pyle: Aboard a DE

#4 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 08 February 2003 - 02:38 PM

Javert Rovinski, on Feb. 08 2003,18:19, said:

Never eat anything bigger than your head. Never eat breakfast at a place called Mom's. Never eat supper at a place called Pop's. Don't buy any flying carpets. And don't bring any tapes of the Love Boat. ;)
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#5 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 08 February 2003 - 02:52 PM

*sigh*

I don't want war.  :(

Posted Image

#6 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 09 February 2003 - 09:44 AM

{{{{{Lil}}}}}}

I don't think many of us do

as an aside, i was in Lebanon a few years back when the dutch goverment had it under a 'go if you want to, but you're on your own' warning

one of the neicest places i'd been in years

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: State Department, Humor

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users