Katrina Escape from NoLa Movie for charity

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,548 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 06:25 AM

Okay this is a little far fetched, but I'm curious what you all think about entertaining the idea of New Orleans (after the flood waters receed) being turned into the national jail?  Similar to the ideas of John Carpenter's Escape From New York and Escape From L.A., could this be a viable option to the ever increasing problem of where to put criminals?  Just build a huge wall around the city now and drop in the people.  The advantage to Louisiana would be they'd get a nice chunk of money from states wanting to drop in their criminals.  Those states would benefit by not having to keep up the jails and/or prisoners who are in them.  Maybe even keep them small, housing the small time people while shipping off the hardened occupational criminals.

After the waters receeded, the gov. just drop off cleaning supplies and the criminals letting them have a go at it.

Like I said, just a thought.  I'm not sure it this should go here or in Exploring the Universe.  Feel free to move.
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Beryl Coronet

The Boscombe Valley Mystery: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Art,' 1841

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once, 'Tis hard to reconcile." --- Macbeth IV.III.138-9

LauraBertram.net

"Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived." -- Sylvester Stallone

Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears4Fears

#2 enTranced

enTranced

Chasing Your Starlight!

• Islander
  • 15,772 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 08:29 AM

Somebody get Kurt Russel on the horn, STAT!  :lol:

enTranced
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Katrina, Escape from NoLa, Movie for charity

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users