Hurricane Katrina Top News 2005 New Orleans NFL Players Assistance

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mjtian

mjtian
  • Islander
  • 897 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 09:58 PM

According to SI, Warrick Dunn, a running back for the Atlanta Falcons is challenging the rest of the NFL players to donate $5,000 each to the relief fund for victims of Katrina.  I am so glad that someone is stepping up.  I hope MLB and NBA will follow.  Afterall, these athletes can afford to contribute allot more than an average joe.  It is also nice to see that some of these "millionaires" are willing to challenge one another to help the citizens of our country.
"I have missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. On 26 occasions I have been entrusted to take the game winning shot... and missed. And I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why... I succeed" -Michael Jordan

#2 D'Monix

D'Monix
  • Islander
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 02:16 AM

just read about that, hope it goes well

#3 D'Monix

D'Monix
  • Islander
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 02:21 AM

the Saints will be operating out of San Antonio for an 'indefinite period'  they played their last preseason game against Oakland, but that just had ta be rough on the boys with all the things and tragedies happening back in new orleans.

#4 mjtian

mjtian
  • Islander
  • 897 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 06:25 PM

More athletes are speaking out.  Although I think $1,000 is a little low considering their multi-million dollar contracts, but every little bit counts!

Deion Sanders
"I have missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. On 26 occasions I have been entrusted to take the game winning shot... and missed. And I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why... I succeed" -Michael Jordan

#5 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 06:40 PM

mjtian, on Sep 2 2005, 06:25 PM, said:

More athletes are speaking out.  Although I think $1,000 is a little low considering their multi-million dollar contracts, but every little bit counts!

Deion Sanders

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Every little bit does help, even if they seem to be doing this only to further their own image.

Don't see any of these athletes walking the streets of NO, like Harry Conick Jr did....
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hurricane Katrina, Top News, 2005, New Orleans, NFL Players, Assistance

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users