• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Hibblette

Hibblette
  • Islander
  • 4,228 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 08:09 PM

And yet it happened.
"There are many ways of going forward, but there is only one way of standing still."  FDR explaining why Liberals are so often divided and Conservatives are so often united.

"I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat."  Will Rogers

#22 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 08:25 PM

Yes and people can win the lottery by buying only one chance.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#23 MuseZack

MuseZack

132nd S.O.C.

• Demigod
  • 5,432 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 08:30 PM

G1223, on Sep 4 2005, 12:10 AM, said:

Ah yes Bush took cash away..... ANd this is just another way to accuse him with nothing but BS to back it up.

The upgrades were made but still no one ever considered a Cat.5 Storm hitting the area. Why? Because a Cat.5 Storm is about as realistic to prepare for as trying to drive a big wheel through a carwash with all the surface area covered with toasters and expect it to not short out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What you're saying is simply untrue.  The levees had not been reinforced because the Corps had been starved of funds.  How much documentation needs to be shoved in front of your face before you accept that yes, funding to reinforce the levees had been slashed in the last several years?
"Some day, after we have mastered the wind, the waves, the tides, and gravity,
We shall harness for God the energies of Love.
Then, for the second time in the history of the world,
we will have discovered fire."
--Father Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

#24 Hibblette

Hibblette
  • Islander
  • 4,228 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 08:32 PM

G1223, on Sep 3 2005, 08:25 PM, said:

Yes and people can win the lottery by buying only one chance.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually yea-that can happen.

That's sort of like the statement-finding it in the last place you look. :glare:
"There are many ways of going forward, but there is only one way of standing still."  FDR explaining why Liberals are so often divided and Conservatives are so often united.

"I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat."  Will Rogers

#25 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 08:34 PM

How many years. was it more than 4 if that is the case then you better aim some of that anger at Good Ol' Bill. Because he had control for the years upto 2001.

Any reports of anyone sying they were unsafe.. Because we have reports about how repairs and reenforcements were done to the sections that failed from a storm that anyone who really tries to plans things for cannot actuaraly perdict.

Or do you need it shoved into your face was well.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#26 MuseZack

MuseZack

132nd S.O.C.

• Demigod
  • 5,432 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 09:08 PM

G1223, on Sep 4 2005, 01:34 AM, said:

How many years. was it more than 4 if that is the case then you better aim some of that anger at Good Ol' Bill. Because he had control for the years upto 2001.

Any reports of anyone sying they were unsafe.. Because we have reports about how repairs and reenforcements were done to the sections that failed from a storm that anyone who really tries to plans things for cannot actuaraly perdict.

Or do you need it shoved into your face was well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

G, I'm going to say this nicely even though it's pretty frickin' infuriating that seemingly your only response to the deaths of perhaps 10,000 of your countrymen is sarcasm and ignoring facts so you can defend the indefensible:  I already stated quite clearly in other threads that there's a lot of responsibility to go around, including previous administrations and at the state and local level.  None of which changes the fact that funding for levee control has been slashed to the bone in the last 4 years.  Why do you insist on denying that, even after you've been provided with the documentation?
"Some day, after we have mastered the wind, the waves, the tides, and gravity,
We shall harness for God the energies of Love.
Then, for the second time in the history of the world,
we will have discovered fire."
--Father Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

#27 Delvo

Delvo
  • Islander
  • 9,273 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 09:51 PM

G1223, on Sep 3 2005, 08:34 PM, said:

...a storm that anyone who really tries to plans things for cannot actuaraly perdict.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where did you get the idea that there's anything so unprecedented about this storm? Yes, it was the biggest, nastiest category, but that category exists for a reason: because storms fitting the description happen. We've seen storms like this many times before.

#28 waterpanther

waterpanther
  • Islander
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 09:58 PM

Camille, for instance.  The whole Gulf Coast remembers that one.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hurricane, Gulf Coast, Top News 2005, Bush Speaks

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users