Katrina Top News 2005 Halliburton KBR Naval Installations

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 waterpanther

waterpanther
  • Islander
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 03:13 PM

And my mother's family were so relieved when the Texas Constitution made it illegal to shoot Indians from streetcars.
Posted Image

#62 Hibblette

Hibblette
  • Islander
  • 4,228 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 03:21 PM

Oh were not perfect.

Not just Indians but there's the whole thing with lynching of blacks that dates back to the 1930's or 20's (it's infamous).

We know these things existed and we move on.

Or like some of my Texas ancestors did...they went to Arkansas.

Then my mom married a military guy who was stationed in El Paso and that's were I was born.

That's right I'm an A**hole from El Paso.

:howling:

And proud of it.

Edited by Hibblette, 04 September 2005 - 03:22 PM.

"There are many ways of going forward, but there is only one way of standing still."  FDR explaining why Liberals are so often divided and Conservatives are so often united.

"I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat."  Will Rogers

#63 waterpanther

waterpanther
  • Islander
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 03:41 PM

Oh were not perfect.

Not just Indians but there's the whole thing with lynching of blacks that dates back to the 1930's or 20's (it's infamous).

Oddly enough, my great-to-the-third Cherokee grandfather came to Texas for refuge when his parents were lynched in Tennessee. There were times when the racial tensions were certainly bad, and others when they were bloody, but Texas is becoming as happily multicultural as anyplace in the US.  

(As long as we don't count the Daughters of the Republic of Texas, anyway.)  :sarcasm:

Or like some of my Texas ancestors did...they went to Arkansas.

Oh, poor things!  They have my sympathy.

I like Arkansas, mind you.  It made a fine President (and may make another), and the boysenberry jam is to die for.  And oh, the mountains are green. But if it ain't Texas, it just ain't home. :love:
Posted Image

#64 Hibblette

Hibblette
  • Islander
  • 4,228 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 03:55 PM

Hey I'm an Ark-La-Tex girl with some links to Oklahoma.

I went to grade school in Bossier City, Louisiana, I graduated from Texas Senior High in Texarkana, I graduated from Henderson State University in Arkadelphia, Arkansas and my son was born in Bossier.

I love all of them. :love:

That's why I'm crying when I watch the news and I see all of this.  

Like I've said...The people of Louisiana and Mississippi are a hearty bunch and they're a special breed down there on the coast.  They will survive...despite all this crap that's going on. :tyr:
"There are many ways of going forward, but there is only one way of standing still."  FDR explaining why Liberals are so often divided and Conservatives are so often united.

"I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat."  Will Rogers

#65 Anarch

Anarch
  • Islander
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 05:17 PM

Like I've said...The people of Louisiana and Mississippi are a hearty bunch and they're a special breed down there on the coast. They will survive...despite all this crap that's going on.

I completely agree with both the sentiment and the determination... but why did you choose to illustrate this sentiment with Stoner Jesus?  :blink:

...oh!  That's Tyr! That's... messed up.

Never mind me, carry on :)

#66 Hibblette

Hibblette
  • Islander
  • 4,228 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 05:29 PM

Hey I was thinking actually Nietzche.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

#67 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 06:03 PM

"Stoner Jesus"?!!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

:tyr:  :tyr:  :tyr:

Nonny
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#68 mjtian

mjtian
  • Islander
  • 897 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 09:55 AM

This company has been used by EVERY ADMINISTRATION since the company got started. Because they had no one to compete with.

Wow wow wow, this sounds like the big "M" word for me!  For as much $$$ and time that the Federal Governement spent on taking Bill Gates to court, what about taking Cheney and his company to court for Monopoly then?  Ooopse, I forgot, he is the VP and there is a powerful family called BUSH that will back him up!!!  Poor Gates, he gave his Billions to the wrong people!!!!  Instead of feeding the poor and help saving the world, he should have gave it to the BUsh administration.   :wow:
"I have missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. On 26 occasions I have been entrusted to take the game winning shot... and missed. And I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why... I succeed" -Michael Jordan

#69 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 10:19 AM

Except that it is a government supported monolpy. Sorta like that power company or local water company that has no competition.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#70 mjtian

mjtian
  • Islander
  • 897 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 12:05 PM

Except that it is a government supported monolpy. Sorta like that power company or local water company that has no competition.

Halliburton is not exactly your local utilities company.  Just check the link to their company and read what the actual company does.

Edited by mjtian, 06 September 2005 - 12:06 PM.

"I have missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. On 26 occasions I have been entrusted to take the game winning shot... and missed. And I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why... I succeed" -Michael Jordan

#71 darthsikle

darthsikle
  • Dead account
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 12:41 PM

I heard Hallibuton hired a whole flock of butterfly's and let them loose off the coast of Africa
Goodbye.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Katrina, Top News 2005, Halliburton, KBR, Naval Installations

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users