• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Anarch

Anarch
  • Islander
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 12:44 PM

LORD of the SWORD, on Sep 4 2005, 01:12 PM, said:

There is such a thing as TOO interesting....and this definately qualifies.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You do realize that "May you live in interesting times" is an old Chinese curse, right? ;)

#22 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 05:00 PM

Anarch, on Sep 4 2005, 12:44 PM, said:

You do realize that "May you live in interesting times" is an old Chinese curse, right? ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

actually I didn't know it was a curse.

I'm reminded of the Highlander series though...the scene between Methos and Dawson, when the watcher's wife was going to go public with the disk on all the immortals.

Methos: "Yeah, may you live in interesting times."
Dawson: "Well things just got really interesting, didn't they?"
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#23 Hibblette

Hibblette
  • Islander
  • 4,228 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 05:09 PM

My condolences.
"There are many ways of going forward, but there is only one way of standing still."  FDR explaining why Liberals are so often divided and Conservatives are so often united.

"I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat."  Will Rogers

#24 Anarch

Anarch
  • Islander
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 05:30 PM

And now a joke, courtesy of Wonkette:

I have a rehnquist joke for you - he's actually been dead for 4 days but fema just found him.

You may thank me via PayPal.

#25 Hibblette

Hibblette
  • Islander
  • 4,228 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 05:30 PM

:howling:

Bwahahahahahaha
"There are many ways of going forward, but there is only one way of standing still."  FDR explaining why Liberals are so often divided and Conservatives are so often united.

"I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat."  Will Rogers

#26 emsparks

emsparks
  • Forever Missed
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 05:38 PM

Anarch, on Sep 4 2005, 06:30 PM, said:

And now a joke, courtesy of Wonkette:

I have a rehnquist joke for you - he's actually been dead for 4 days but fema just found him.

You may thank me via PayPal.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:eek2:  :whistle:  :howling:

Edited by emsparks, 04 September 2005 - 05:50 PM.

Sparky::

Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.

#27 Cauda

Cauda

~~~~~~~~~~~>

• Islander
  • 608 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 08:17 AM

It now looks like John Roberts has been un-nominated to replace O'Connor and nominated instead to be Chief Justice.

http://www.cnn.com/2...tion/index.html

Edited by Cauda, 05 September 2005 - 08:19 AM.

An enigma, wrapped up in a riddle, with a tail in the middle.

#28 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 08:20 AM

http://news.bbc.co.u...cas/4215740.stm

US President George Bush has nominated John Roberts to succeed Chief Justice William Rehnquist who died on Saturday.

Surprise, surprise. After all, the Senior Associate Justice (on whom I understand the chief justice duties would normally devolve untill a new one is chosen)  is considered by many to be  the most liberal justice on the bench.

Can't have him doing the chief justices job now can you

Nor is it thinkable to have one of the people who are already serving on the supreme court for years on end to be promoted. I would be surprised if there wasn't some resentment from those already on the supreme court at this move.

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#29 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 09:20 AM

Nick, on Sep 3 2005, 10:59 PM, said:

But I have to echo what other's have said--I'm fighting back tears with worry over what's going to happen with this country . . . :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I screamed myself hoarse with rage when I heard Bush make his announcement this morning.  Though expected, still a terrible, terrible shock.   :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Nonny
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Obituaries, William Rehnquist, Chief Justice

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users