Typhoones Nabi Talim Natrual Disasters 2005

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Anarch

Anarch
  • Islander
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 07:20 PM

While we're talking Katrina here, spare a thought for those affected by Typhoon Nabi (now battering Kagoshima and potentially Tokyo) and Typhoon Talim (just slammed into Anhui in China).  They could use a prayer or two.

#2 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 07:39 PM

They'll be in my thoughts too.  

Typhoon season, Okinawa 1975.  Since we weren't stateside, we had no laws to tell us what we could and couldn't do to help.  My ex's squadron had an excellent plan.  One third of the flight crews flew the planes away from the danger zone.  One third battened down the squadron.  One third went from home to home closing shutters and assisting dependents.  My house was way offbase, but they got to me too.  :)  

Nonny
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Typhoones Nabi, Talim, Natrual Disasters, 2005

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users